2015 Copernicus Stars Short Dance Sep 25 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 Copernicus Stars Short Dance Sep 25

GF2445

Record Breaker
65.42 for M/C!!! WITH a deduction. Congrats to them, that's awesomesauce crazy high.

If they didn't get the deduction, it would've been another SB for them...or PB as a matter of fact.

Funny to see USA 1,2 RUS 3,4 CAN 5,6

sbaker

On the Ice
Just woke up And wow. DANG!!!!! Wow. I really hope when they get to seniors, that they'll be force to be reckoned with.

I hope so too! It's going to be an interesting era in a few years with H/B and M/C leading US ice dance. We have some very talented, different teams coming up!

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
8 out of top 10 teams got level 3 for their NtMiSt. Most forgiving tech panel EVER :laugh: At early events top teams got level 1 or barely level 2.
And lol at 8.5 and 8.75 PCS scores for McNamara/Carpenter. They were good but not THAT good. I guess judges already decided who's gonna be World Champions this season.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope so too! It's going to be an interesting era in a few years with H/B and M/C leading US ice dance. We have some very talented, different teams coming up!

Like I have a feeling that they'll make the 2022 Olympics. MAYBE 2018....But they'll still be VERY young then.

If they're doing so well in Rockville (Which makes me happy cause I live in the DC meteropolitan area as well :D ) maybe that can be new ice dance city. ;)

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Before we get too far ahead of ourselves, junior success does not equate automatic senior success. Looking back at the last 10 years, 4 US teams have won JR Worlds and only one of those teams is still together. A lot can happen to a team as they make that transition to senior. But with that reality check, let me offer my congrats to the US teams today. It is an exciting time to be a US dance fan.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I just watched Lorraine and Quinn's SD and MAN! That was some major power in that performance. It's a shame the scores don't reflect it-- but I think this was a much better performance than the one they did a Colorado Springs (maybe they focused more on the performance than the TES?). I think the boost in PCS is well-deserved (I know some disagree).

ETA: That was a fantastic interview. I continue to be impressed at how articulate they are. I think they definitely have the right mindset for their future.

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just watched Lorraine and Quinn's SD and MAN! That was some major power in that performance. It's a shame the scores don't reflect it-- but I think this was a much better performance than the one they did a Colorado Springs (maybe they focused more on the performance than the TES?). I think the boost in PCS is well-deserved (I know some disagree).

Also they got a point off for an extended lift apparently. If only.....ugh. They're definitely at another level in some way. I have a feeling that they compete well at B-level events. I mean if they ever get assigned this year, which probably not. But their scores are close to like B-level seniors....maybe even A-level. They're probably one of my faves now to watch for ice dancing.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
M&C--Awesome skate & awesome score. Looks to me like that 66 in Colorado Springs wasn't home-field advantage after all :). Right in line with this score, taking into account the deduction. They just make this program work. The way they move out the side by side footwork sequence while staying equidistant throughout the serpentine pattern--just sells this program for me.

Congrats to Anthony & Christina as well! Now we know what this program can score without the twizzle error they had in their first competition. This SD is their strength. Not sure their free stacks up so well, but to me 61 says they are a real threat to make that junior national podium.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What I found really fascinating is that M/C even sit the same way. That's a really good sign about how in sync they are. Plus, I'm in love with her facial expressions. She is SO a Diva In Training. And that SD is definitely one of my favorite programs of the season so far.

Plus they apparently have been an ice dance team for about 10 years. So that's another plus.