2015 Copernicus Stars Mens Free Skate Sep 26 | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2015 Copernicus Stars Mens Free Skate Sep 26

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I have to agree...he stood in one place for what felt like 30 seconds, just looking angsty. Of course he's good, but not quite on their level, imo. I would have put Petr slightly ahead.

Me too. Roman's programs were great last year, but this year I don't like them as much.
Just personal preference, since this Romeo and Juliet track was used by Yuzu when he was 16, I automatically compare. Heheh. :hopelessness:

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Nice job Sota! Knew he would do his best to deliver. #NoMoreFrustratedTearsForSota

Deniss is always so exciting to watch. He's quick, fierce in his attack and so charismatic. Gotta Love!

Also, congratulations to Hidetsugu for all his new PBs. :cheer:

Last edited:

robinhood

Rinkside
What an incredible field of juniors!
Sota was amazing, though I am still somewhat concerned about his jump technique. He's still somewhat loose in the air, imo
My favourite is Deniss, so musical and captivating. Urmanov is doing a great job for him. Do u guys know if he will go senior this season? He could be in Europeans, I suppose

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
it looks like they will be in the JGPF. THey both have 26 points with a win each, which puts them ahead of Zhou and Deniss (with 26 but two 2nd places). Nathan Chen should help confirming all of this by winning his event, meaning that other skaters who need a win to qualify will be bumped down.
Okay, I missed the entire event, but :cheer: for Sota, Dennis, and Petr! Also, are Sota and Roman going to the JGPF?

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
In all likelihood, no.

No what? Senior worlds? It's too early to say for sure, but his team has talked about it already. He had the TES to go last season, but he just wasn't age eligible. It's not like Latvia is the US or Russia where they are trying to earn several spots and have to be more strategic...but perhaps he will just do jr. worlds. We'll see.

shmay

On the Ice
No what? Senior worlds? It's too early to say for sure, but his team has talked about it already. He had the TES to go last season, but he just wasn't age eligible. It's not like Latvia is the US or Russia where they are trying to earn several spots and have to be more strategic...but perhaps he will just do jr. worlds. We'll see.

Intended to reply to cheerknithanson's question about whether or not he'll qualify for JGPF.

But on the note of him doing Sr. Worlds...it might be a lot to do Europeans, Winter Youth Olympics, Jr. Worlds and Sr. Worlds...but I guess they are all close to him, so maybe he has the stamina for it.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
oooh I missed Oleg in the chat
too bad but 4th not bad not bad Petr!:cheer2:

Congrats to the top 3!

Art&Sport

Medalist
Here's a cute interview with Deniss when he was on tour in Japan earlier this year. He speaks very good English, and he seems very enthusiastic about being a good all-around entertaining skater, not just a jumper:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg8BvaEnM5E

Deniss' spins are quite wonderful, and his innate musicality is rare in a young skater (somewhat reminiscent of Jason Brown's musicality and ability to project to an audience, but their styles are different).

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Here's a cute interview with Deniss when he was on tour in Japan earlier this year. He speaks very good English, and he seems very enthusiastic about being a good all-around entertaining skater, not just a jumper:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg8BvaEnM5E

That was at Junior Worlds in Tallinn...don't think he has been to Japan yet, but he already has devoted Japanese fans who travel to Europe to watch him.