2015 Copernicus Stars Mens Free Skate Sep 26 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2015 Copernicus Stars Mens Free Skate Sep 26

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I have a really odd question: was it always like this in the "old" days (I'm thinking back about, oh, 10-15 years), that ice resurfacing only took about fifteen minutes? I used to watch figure skating when I was younger, but not obsessively, and in my memory it always took ages for the ice to dry after the zambonis had left the ice. Now it always seems like the skaters can go on the ice almost immediately after the zambonis have left. Is it just my faulty (child's) memory, or have ice prep techniques and such changed a lot over the years that it really does take far less time?

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I have a really odd question: was it always like this in the "old" days (I'm thinking back about, oh, 10-15 years), that ice resurfacing only took about fifteen minutes? I used to watch figure skating when I was younger, but not obsessively, and in my memory it always took ages for the ice to dry after the zambonis had left the ice. Now it always seems like the skaters can go on the ice almost immediately after the zambonis have left. Is it just my faulty (child's) memory, or have ice prep techniques and such changed a lot over the years that it really does take far less time?

I think it might depend on the event...seems like the break is longer at larger competitions. Maybe to allow the bigger crowds of people to use restrooms, etc. The JGP is more efficient due to less people...that's my theory at least.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I think it might depend on the event...seems like the break is longer at larger competitions. Maybe to allow the bigger crowds of people to use restrooms, etc. The JGP is more efficient due to less people...that's my theory at least.
Oh... I hadn't even considered that. :drama:
:hijacked: Sorry, now returning you to your regularly scheduled men's competition. Looks like the boys are on the ice again!

adelia

Record Breaker
Of course, but it's just surprising that they did it in the middle of a competition. Bit demoralizing when he still had the LP left.
It can't possibly have been more demoralizing than scoring 50.39.

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
I love watching Roman skate, no matter what~

Come on Sota!

NaVi

Medalist
Now if Deniss can beat Roman then he'll most likely get into the JGP Final too.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Well that was the first really quality FS. Good for Sota. If he doesn't win this I'll be shocked.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Roman has a nice quality that is very lovely sometimes. Shame about the mistakes.

Well done, Sota! Much better!

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
"Deniss is a fine and very strong skater." [Deniss falls flat.] :laugh2:

He has such beautiful spins and footwork.