Who's Going to Worlds? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Who's Going to Worlds?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Regarding single session sales and Gala Exhibition, anyone who signed up for notifications on the Worlds 2016 website should be on the lookout for emails within the next 10-14 days for further details.

*squeals excitedly*

I hope this means the all-event ticket mailing isn't far away! :)

malo42

On the Ice
I live near Boston so I'll be going for sure! I've been tempted by the all event tickets this whole time but I can't do it for a couple of reasons and I've been nervous about the price and availability of single session tickets so I'm definitely looking forward to those e-mails coming soon. My goal is to make it to all the ladies and mens events.

hpfaff

Spectator
Sorry about the late reply. I guess I haven't checked lately. I am from the outskirts of Atlanta and am volunteering for Hospitality. I am an old broad with a young heart and mind. I love watching figure skating and go to as many events as I can in the US. I have volunteered in Boston in 2014 and loved working and visiting there there except for the cold.

I checked about when we will be notified and it said that we should be notified on or before January 15, 2016. I have been checking out VRBO and there are some places in the North End which is a 10 min walk to TD Garden but the cost was high because it accommodates more than one occupant. I need to stay close because I don't want to have to rent a car. And I usually volunteer for the early morning since I have an all event ticket and also want to explore the city as much as I can. Please let me know and we can make plans once we are guaranteed of a spot as a volunteer. If you are also going to attend some or all of the events you may also want to share a place.

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
My advice to those who are staying in Boston for Worlds: pick a hotel that is close to an Orange Line or a Green Line station. TD Garden is best accessible by public transportation and these two lines can get you to North Station just fine.

I didn't know how expensive hotels are in my city until I did a search. :eek:

Last edited:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I got an email today about individual ticket sales.

Hello Figure Skating Fan!

We are pleased to announce that single session tickets for the 2016 ISU World Figure Skating Championships® will go on sale to the general public on December 4, 2015 at 11:00am EST via all Ticketmaster locations, online at Ticketmaster.com and at the TD Garden box office. This is the moment for which many of you have been waiting!

The Local Organizing Committee will continue to sell a limited number of best available premium loge all-event tickets. Click here for a schedule of events and prices for single session tickets, or to contact a representative to learn more about purchasing all-event tickets.

Get The Details!

Fans who have already purchased an all-event ticket will soon receive a notification of when their tickets will ship.

The World Comes to Boston!

The Local Organizing Committee
2016 World Championships, LLC

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If I go, I kinda want to sit somewhere where I'll be able to throw the hat I made for Yuzuru and have it make it to the ice.... LOL. Like for real. I suck. When I went to Skate America for all events this year, even with me in the front row, the hats barely made it onto the ice....well the ones I made for Gilles/Poirier and Chock/Bates made it further out, but that's because two hats=more weight and more distance. Going to have to ball the hat up tight and practice my pitching skills.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Does anyone have a ballpark estimate of how much each single-session ticket will cost?

britebells

Rinkside
Very excited! I am not too far from Boston and one of my best friends lives there (=free sleeping) so I think I will do it. I can only come on Saturday, though, due to work.

Can anyone give advice on picking seats? I have never been to a skating event before. Where should I avoid? Is End Lodge REALLY that much better than balcony circle? If I'm in the balcony will I be able to see anything?

Thanks. :)

winky97

Medalist
Does anyone have a ballpark estimate of how much each single-session ticket will cost?

Check the 2016 worlds website because single cost ticket prices are listed on there

Never mind! Did not see that someone linked it. I brought a balcony all around almost center ice. I am thinking about buying better seats for just the ladies free skate.

Last edited:

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Seconding britebell's question. Can anyone give recs on the differences between the seat sections?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Right. Gotta set my alarm. Turns out 11am EST on December 4 winds up being 3am AEDT on December 5...

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

shyne

Final Flight
Seconding britebell's question. Can anyone give recs on the differences between the seat sections?

TD Garden hosted the 2014 American Nationals. The setup is going to be very similar.
Maybe looking at the 2014 Nationals will give you a better idea on seatings?

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
I got an email today about individual ticket sales.

Finally news about individual tickets! The website has said for months they would go on sale in the fall, so I knew it had to be soon.

I'm going to put my money into the best available seats for my favorite which is the men's event. The other events I can settle for something up higher. The sale starts at 8:00am my time which is when I'm at work, so the plan is to have hubby buy them for me. Hope he doesn't blow it. :hpull:

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
Think I will get End Loge for Men's/Ladies'/Pairs' free skating, Balcony Circle for the short programs, and just Balcony for free dance (will be arriving after the short dance).

Tammi

On the Ice
Think I will get End Loge for Men's/Ladies'/Pairs' free skating, Balcony Circle for the short programs, and just Balcony for free dance (will be arriving after the short dance).
For what you'll be spending on 7 tickets plus the Ticketmaster per ticket fees, you could probably get an All Event in the Balcony circle or in the End Loge. That would give you the practice pass too for the TD Garden.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
IF I go, I think I will get end lodge for the men's FP. Cause it's pretty much all I want to see since 1. Men's is my favorite discipline, 2. School. And other reasons will be related towards school in a way. I wish I could do the men's SP, but school...

IF it was spring break (Which will never be around that time for my college), I would have gone to see the SP and FP. But one is better than nothing. That's how I'm trying to see it. And it'll give me a reason to practicing throwing...cause I suck so badly at throwing and aiming. If you ever go to a GMU women's basketball game and see me throw a T-shirt, you'll see. Though throwing the T-shirt upwards is different than throwing it downwards. Still, I suck. Good thing I was in one of the front rows at Skate America.

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
For what you'll be spending on 7 tickets plus the Ticketmaster per ticket fees, you could probably get an All Event in the Balcony circle or in the End Loge. That would give you the practice pass too for the TD Garden.

Well, I think there's only Premium Loge all-even tickets left. All of those tickets will be about $440 (End Loge all-event is $720), and given our itinerary we have planned (doing a little bit of sight-seeing/visiting friends in the mornings) we won't have time for the practices probably.

Last edited: