Alisa Efimova & Alexander Korovin | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Alisa Efimova & Alexander Korovin

nimi

Medalist
I'm glad they did well @ Nepela! Yes, Alisa had sbs jump issues and there were some slightly rough/scary moments during some of the lifts but on the whole, they and their programs looked good!

Looking forward to seeing how they develop under Vasiliev&co's tutelage. :hap10:

hanca

Record Breaker
I really like this pair, but I am losing my hope. Her jumps are getting every year worse and worse. As a past singles skater, I believe she had all triples so I don't understand why they have such a problem to find two jumps that are consistent. They are a lovely pair, pretty to watch, but without the jumps any Russian pairs coming from juniors will be placing above them, so the future does not look good at this moment. They are still quite young so there is a hope, but top pairs internationally are progressing every year, with quads throws and twist, and Russian junior pairs are also progressing, whereas it seems to me that Efimova/Korovin have achieved a decent level and then stopped progressing. :sad21:

nimi

Medalist
I really like this pair, but I am losing my hope. Her jumps are getting every year worse and worse. As a past singles skater, I believe she had all triples so I don't understand why they have such a problem to find two jumps that are consistent. They are a lovely pair, pretty to watch, but without the jumps any Russian pairs coming from juniors will be placing above them, so the future does not look good at this moment. They are still quite young so there is a hope, but top pairs internationally are progressing every year, with quads throws and twist, and Russian junior pairs are also progressing, whereas it seems to me that Efimova/Korovin have achieved a decent level and then stopped progressing. :sad21:
Uh... Did you mean to post this in the "The State of Russian Pairs: Doom and Gloom" thread? Because this is Alisa's & Sasha's Fan Fest thread. Y'know, Fan FEST. :rolleye:

LRK

Record Breaker
Also, it's not so long since they moved to Tamara Moskvina's group, and presumably they did that because they felt a change was in order. And it seems they have Oleg Vasiliev working with them now, too; but I doubt there will be some sudden metamorphosis where all their troubles will suddenly go away. Patience and hard work are the key, and hopefully they will keep on improving. And skaters aren't the only ones who could use some "patience"... ;)

puremagic

-
Record Breaker

:console:

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Also, it's not so long since they moved to Tamara Moskvina's group, and presumably they did that because they felt a change was in order. And it seems they have Oleg Vasiliev working with them now, too; but I doubt there will be some sudden metamorphosis where all their troubles will suddenly go away. Patience and hard work are the key, and hopefully they will keep on improving. And skaters aren't the only ones who could use some "patience"... ;)

Is Vasiliev with Moskvina now? This pair did a long travel. Pavlova, Moskvina, Vasiliev. Maybe Oleg will help them. As I remember, Bazarova was unstable, but he forced her to do clean jumps somehow.

hanca

Record Breaker
Uh... Did you mean to post this in the "The State of Russian Pairs: Doom and Gloom" thread? Because this is Alisa's & Sasha's Fan Fest thread. Y'know, Fan FEST. :rolleye:

No, I didn’t mean to post it into doom and gloom thread. Despite me getting gradually pessimistic, I am a fan, and I am well aware that this is a fan thread. But being fan surely doesn’t mean just blindly pretend that everything is alright when things are not going well. Being fan to me means celebrating when things are going well, and being upset when things are not going well. And at the moment I don’t think this is the skating they want to show us. With Kavaguti/Smirnov retiring, Alisa and Sasha are now Russian couple number 5. It is possible that Stolbova/Klimov will retire after the Olympics because they are constantly fighting injuries. That would move Alisa and Sasha to Russian pair number 4. However, within 2-3 years a lot of junior pairs are aging out from juniors and moving to seniors. Unless Alisa and Sasha strengthen their position, they will be overtaken.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Well done to Alisa and Alexander. They delivered two great skates, I was delighted to see her land her jumps. I felt they could have been marked higher on PCS, I really like the performance quality of both programmes. Who is their coach now?