Amina Atakhanova & Ilia Spiridonov | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Amina Atakhanova & Ilia Spiridonov

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
By the way, their SP score is the new World Junior Record. Previous record was 64.71 skated by Duskova/Bidar.

Wow, that's right! Congrats to them :) Them and Czech are my two favourite Pairs teams in juniors, wish them clean skate in the Free!

sneakers

Match Penalty
Amina looks very athletic, Ilia also very expressive
and most of all, they have triple jumps ! they will be favorites to win junior nationals along with Mishina / Mirzoev.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Several weeks past after their JGP participation in Tallin, but their SP "Singing in the Rain" has kept haunting me. I'm glad they are qualified for JGP Final because their qualities in edge, line and unison as well as presentation were so mesmerizing and made me miss old and great Russian pairs. I didn't watch their performances in the previous seasons, but Amina seemed to start struggling with her body change a bit, but still impressed me greatly. Illa was reminded me of Grinkov...because of his supportive but also charismatic leading his young partner. I like them the most among all the participants.

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker
That was a sad event for them. It is even more sad that now their chances to get to Junior Worlds are pretty slim even if they skate somewhat clean at the Russian junior nationals. Two consecutive failed international events will have an impact on their domestic status.

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
That was a sad event for them. It is even more sad that now their chances to get to Junior Worlds are pretty slim even if they skate somewhat clean at the Russian junior nationals. Two consecutive failed international events will have an impact on their domestic status.

I think they are still young enough to have many more chances ahead. Fortunately they did not get injured after the bad fall on the lift in the FS at the JGP final. I have to say that Ilia is a great guy who has the wit to protect Amina under such difficult & urgent circumstances. :2thumbs:

janav

On the Ice
Watching JGPF was devastating for me because this team has all the goods to win everything yet things just don't seem to click. They have great programs (their SP is probably my favourite among juniors), great basics and their overall presence is just amazing. Hopefully it will be a learning experience. And can we all just appreciate Ilia's save on Amina's fall from that lift? Sending positive vibes to those two so that we won't see Amina's tears ever again. :ghug:

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Finally they fixed their twist. They have same problem with it like Stolbova/Klimov. Now I hope that Amina will be more confident.