Mari Vartmann & Ruben Blommaert | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Mari Vartmann & Ruben Blommaert

tulosai

Record Breaker
Congrats to these two on being 4th after their SP at Euros! This is a great result for their first Euros together! I hope they'll be able to maintain their placement in the LP!

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
hello my new favs:hap10::luv17:
they progressed so much!
& Im sure its only the beginning!
Congrats to German Fed they hit the jackpot with this pair!:clap:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I just updated their OP. Not only are there videos from the second half of the season, I added sections about their previous partnerships, and Ruben's singles career for Belgium.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
Although they split some time ago, I've decided to make a post-split career summary update of this partnership. I've added all the details regarding 2016/17 season and some bio.

BTW, I couldn't find any information regarding Mari. Although it was announced she was teaming up with Matti Landgraf, they have no ISU Bio, which makes me think they have never competed in any ISU competition. Can anyone confirm if she's officially retired? Or maybe coaching?

DuCiel

Rinkside
It's a similarly sad story as with the couple Anabelle Prölß / Ruben Blommaert - a dpa press release (Oberstdorf, 01/11/2017) reads:

"The German pair running champions Mari Vartmann and Ruben Blommaert will no longer run together. [...] Two weeks before the European Figure Skating Championships, the German pair-skating champions Mari Vartmann and Ruben Blommaert have unexpectedly split up. 'All efforts of the German Ice-skating Union to maintain the sporting partnership were unfortunately unsuccessful', the association announced on its homepage. According to DEU, the eights of the European Championships are separating 'for personal reasons'. The coaching couple Maylin and Daniel Wende had looked after the couple in Oberstdorf for one and a half years. We as coaches and also the association had many conversations to keep them together. We are very disappointed and have learned from the behaviour of the runners. They have thrown away the chance of an almost secure Olympic starting place for 2018', said Daniel Wende. Both runners are now looking for new partners."

In January 2017 Mari searched and found a new partner with Matti Landgraf via facebook. But the training together from April 2017 didn't go well, and one month later the cooperation was finished again. Mari is now preparing for her studies and her competition skates will probably hang on the nail forever.

With regard to the "future couple" Annika Hocke & Ruben Blommaert: fans can only hope that this "separation and finishing ceremonys" does not repeat again - otherwise the future looks as bleak as it hasn't been for a long time.