Mai Mihara | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Mai Mihara

The Finn

Record Breaker
it was such a freak fall at SP but she came back with a bang! silver lining is that even if she landed 3F at SP she would have been 4th (one can argue that she still deserved it but oh well :biggrin:)

4th or 5th doesn't make that much of a difference but because of the tech panel usa got three spots for olympics, which they didn't deserve, and some other nation lost a spot they deserved.

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Her FS TES score was very impressive 74.40 points - 6th highest of any lady and less than 0.5 points behind who has the 5th highest FS TES score. Satoko has the highest FS TES among Japanese skaters.

6th highest ever? :eeking: wow, that is some achievement with still much room to grow! :yahoo::hap57: btw i really love her 1st spin, esp 2nd part of it and it matches the music :luv17:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Mai was the shiniest of all in Free Program :luv17: But I kind of hope her next season program will be different style. The judges are giving her average PCS for her outstanding speed and soft knee bends... and I think it's partly because she's considered juniorish. With right programs and clean skates she will break 140 easily :)

The Finn

Record Breaker
6th highest ever? :eeking: wow, that is some achievement with still much room to grow! :yahoo::hap57:

Even though Zhenia is about 4 points ahead of Mai we must remember than some very well known skaters like Wagner and Kostner have never scored more than 68 FS TES points. Asada, Tuktamysheva and Pogorilaya have got 73 points at best, Lipnitskaya and Radionova have got 71 points at best.

thoakun

Final Flight
Very impressed by Mai's technical prowess and mental toughness. I've noticed that when she was in the green room and the camera zoomed at her after Pogo's performance, she tried to smile at the audience and then looked away and she seemed empathetic for Pogo.
Here's to hope that she'll play spoiler next season. I'm bummed that she would have to fight with 5-6 other ladies for the 2nd Olympics spot, while frankly the Americans didn't deserve 3 spots.

Liasky

Rinkside
Do you know what is the name of Mai Mihara's "current" skating rink (practice rink). Thank You.

P.S. I'm a Mai Mihara fan from Thailand. Nice to meet you everyone!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Do you know what is the name of Mai Mihara's "current" skating rink (practice rink). Thank You.

P.S. I'm a Mai Mihara fan from Thailand. Nice to meet you everyone!

Welcome to forum and Welcome to Mai's Fan Fest!! post long and often!! :yahoo: nice to meet you too, so happy your 1st post is on her thread :hap93: she trains in Kobe, her club's name is Kobe Poai FSC according to her wiki page

btw, i updated her OP, if there are anything you want to see feel free to let me know :yay:

ssffww

On the Ice
4th or 5th doesn't make that much of a difference but because of the tech panel usa got three spots for olympics, which they didn't deserve, and some other nation lost a spot they deserved.

Not sure how you figure. Had Chen placed 5th and Mihara 4th, USA would still have earned three spots and Japan two. Mihara would have had to place 2nd to earn three spots with Higuchi in 11th and Hongo in 16th.

Liasky

Rinkside
Welcome to forum and Welcome to Mai's Fan Fest!! post long and often!! :yahoo: nice to meet you too, so happy your 1st post is on her thread :hap93: she trains in Kobe, her club's name is Kobe Poai FSC according to her wiki page

btw, i updated her OP, if there are anything you want to see feel free to let me know :yay:

Thank you for the information! I watch figure skating for the first time in 4cc this year. I admire her skating skill. It looks like she's always happy while skating. And she's so cute ><.

P.S. I love her scream at the end of 4cc competiton! 😂😂😂😂😂 ><.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Are there any news clip of her? With that free skate she should get much more media exposure.

havent seen any but i am not surprised if there isnt any considering how little coverage Satoko gets :slink: but i agree she shuld get more coverage!

And in this one, for example from 2.25 & 7.38

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T00INtwlP74

really loved this one, esp THIS PART, btw i would really love to see Mai working with Tom Dickson, i think he would create another masterpiece he did with Satoko :love:

and good news, Mai is in the cast of Fantasy on Ice!!!, i am sure it will be great learning experience for her since there are many awesome skaters :yahoo::hap57:

thoakun

Final Flight
I've just googled Mai and there're several articles in which she said how Mao inspired her to skate and keep going, that she couldn't stop crying when Mao announced her retirement. She also revealed that last year, she got a hug from her idol at Skate America and she had to pinch her cheeks to make sure that it wasn't a dream. After finishing Worlds, she kept watching Mao's free skate in Sochi to cheer herself up.

What a strong girl, working hard until her idol became her rival :bow:

Last edited:

skatenewbie

Medalist
Her FS TES score was very impressive 74.40 points - 6th highest of any lady and less than 0.5 points behind Satoko who has the 5th highest FS TES score. Satoko has the highest FS TES among Japanese skaters.
with moving jump in 2nd half, also getting lvl 4 in StSq and better execution for GOE she can be #3, current #3 is Alina Zagitova who scored 75.81 in 2017 WJC, while 4th is Adelina ith 75.54 in 2014 OWG. also with working in her PCS she can break 140 easily! also can i know what event Satoko scored the highest TES?

berry8

Final Flight
with moving jump in 2nd half, also getting lvl 4 in StSq and better execution for GOE she can be #3, current #3 is Alina Zagitova who scored 75.81 in 2017 WJC, while 4th is Adelina ith 75.54 in 2014 OWG. also with working in her PCS she can break 140 easily! also can i know what event Satoko scored the highest TES?

Check it on her ISU page:)
73,24 2016 Grand Prix Final
64,74 NHK 2016
59,42 Skate Canada
73,54 World Championships 2016
72,89 2015 Grand Prix Final

Last edited:

Liasky

Rinkside
Here are some photos I took of Mai at World's in Helsinki :-D

Looking forward to WTT now, hoping for clean skates in both SP and FS this time! Go Mai!

Thank you very much Mr.YesWay! I really like your pictures. Mai Mihara looks so cute and her face is always full of happiness. I really love her skating!

P.S. When will WTT start? Thank you very much.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Here are some photos I took of Mai at World's in Helsinki :-D

Looking forward to WTT now, hoping for clean skates in both SP and FS this time! Go Mai!

great photos! i love THIS one! she may look sweet and all but she is a fighter :devil:

Thank you very much Mr.YesWay! I really like your pictures. Mai Mihara looks so cute and her face is always full of happiness. I really love her skating!

P.S. When will WTT start? Thank you very much.

its next week, between 20-23, for more information and updates you can check competition thread :agree:
http://goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?63677-ISU-World-Team-Trophy-2017