Kaori Sakamoto | Page 21 | Golden Skate

Kaori Sakamoto

LynsJ

On the Ice
Kaori really sold it! I loved this program for her. Her edges are gorgeous and I love watching her jumps when she nails them.

mikeko666

Final Flight
Kaori was injured her left foot and that's why she popped the first 3F and 3S. Despite of that, she really sold the program. Get well soon, Kaori!

Azikin

Medalist
I wished podium for Kaori. Well, at least she improved from Nepela (thoush she was battling injury, as I read here).. her Matrix program is very cool!

liv

Record Breaker
I really like both programs for Kaori this year. Loved her choreo sequence in the free... cool.

mikeko666

Final Flight
Kaori asked Akiko,who is her inspiration, for advice on presentation.
https://youtu.be/PuYy57nZrq8

1:45 - Kaori says she admires Evgenia's style.
3:00 - The Matrix is so physically demanding and she had a stamina problem.
5:45 - Akiko says "you don't have to keep moving all the time, you can express something by pausing or slowing down your movement. Make each movement clear and insert pauses between movements"
8:52 - You can take a deep breath when you slow down your movement and recover your energy.
10:00 - Akiko teaches Kaori how effective to see judges in the eyes
11:45 - "Hello, today's judges :biggrin: "

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Here's my non-YouTube link for her IdF LP (No Commentary 1080p): https://streamable.com/hw98c :cool2:

As a sci-fi geek, I'm naturally a fan of the first The Matrix film (but NOT the dreadful sequels :slink: ), so I LOVE the idea of Kaori portraying Trinity, my favourite character in that movie, for her long program! :cool: I assume her jumps represent the moments where Trinity bends the rules of gravity when she's connected to the Matrix. This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I enjoy Kaori's exciting interpretation of the film's soundtrack a lot more than a certain famous male skater. On ice, she's an action heroine in my book. :biggrin:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Tara on NBC during Kaori's last skate. ...."Her upper body, as you sort of mentioned, Johnny, can be sort of weak and (unintelligable but sounds like violent) and out of control. ...There could be some more impact to her skating...her head never follows her body or arm movements...that could help with some disconnected vibes I get from her....." Can Voodoo dolls be make to order????? Sorry, mods...Just Kidding... Kaori, you are wonderful.

Jennibeultimate

Rinkside
Kaori is wonderful, I saw her at the GP in France and you could tell who's free skate the audience loved the most. It was Kaori, she got a standing ovation from everyone. The only other one with cheers as loud as her was Alina Zagitova.
She can sell a program so well. There is never a moment when the program is boring or just skating from one element to the next. I am so much looking forward to her performances at Nationals. Go Kaori!

I managed to get some photos of Kaori ij France, here you go:

SP: https://www.instagram.com/p/B5bf_k3JI3T/?igshid=ndh8e9k5koay

FS: https://www.instagram.com/p/B5JeQJSJ3ee/?igshid=beyp2ai1aaax

Azikin

Medalist
So I guess the only podium threat is Wakaba.. hopefully Kaori will have a great FS! :cheer:

Vemvane

On the Ice
What a super short programme for Kaori yesterday! It's so energetic and really gets the audience engaged. She's a really fun, dynamic skater, and at the end, when she skated up to the judges and put her hand out, I had to laugh along with her, and them. Hope the free goes every bit as well for her!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Just saw the results and :sad21: I wanted to see those programs in Montreal so badly, they are so beautiful. :sad21: sorry to hear she is still fighting an injury, I hope she comes back stronger next season. But those programs... :sad21:

mikeko666

Final Flight
Just saw the results and :sad21: I wanted to see those programs in Montreal so badly, they are so beautiful. :sad21: sorry to hear she is still fighting an injury, I hope she comes back stronger next season. But those programs... :sad21:

Yeah, those programs are so unique and fit so well her personality...

She looked so nervous before the 6 minutes warm up.

This article says it was very difficult for her to stay motivated this season because of Mai's absence. Nakano team is small and there is no other skater who is in her level other than Mai.
https://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2019/12/21/kiji/20191221s00079000380000c.html

Yucky

Spectator
Saw Kaori at 4CC practice today!! She smiled at us waving at her. She jumped multiple clean 3F-3Ts, a 2A-3T-2Lo (which I had never seen her do!) and attempted the 4T a few times. Her SP run-through has clean 😁