Yuna Shiraiwa | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Yuna Shiraiwa

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Yuna has been so wonderfully consistent this season :cheer: I hope she can deliver an amazing free skate as well! I hope she places well at this event. It would be great momentum going into Jr Worlds!

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
There's a fancam video of Yuna at Junior Worlds doing an amazing 3Lz+3T+3Lo!

Good luck to Yuna :)

butters

Rinkside
Nine more skaters to go and Yuna is in first. I thought her free skate was underscored, it blew me (and the audience) away and it only got 115.36 points.

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
Yuna has lots of potential going into next season! Still can't believe she won both of her JGP assignments this year! Glad she could come back after her sp

Alex D

Record Breaker
I so like that part from the layback up to the loop, great choreography in the Free! It will be very interesting to see, which role she might play in the future.

kalee

On the Ice
Yay to Yuna getting JGP Russia! Hoping this means that she is recovering well enough to be in full form for the season.

mikaboo

Medalist
Here’s her protocol for the SP (4th) and FS (3rd). She was 3rd overall. Glad to see that she has her triples back. Her FS music is Notre-Dame de Paris.

I don’t know if this has been posted elsewhere other than the TJ thread but here’s her I Got Rhythm from Dreams on Ice in July. She’s only doing doubles here.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4kfvw6_doi2016-yuna-shiraiwa_sport
And a run-through from the junior training camp a couple weeks later. (2:20-)
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4on4wd_強化合宿-3-3-ジュニア-ed_sport

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
Notre Dame de Paris is pretty dramatic, if I remember :laugh: I'm interested to see how it is in competition

Layback11

Record Breaker
Notre Dame de Paris is pretty dramatic, if I remember :laugh: I'm interested to see how it is in competition

DAAAAAANSE MON ESMERAAAAAAALDAAAAA!!!

(Sorry, couldn't resist. :slink: however, I think this confirms your statement...:laugh:)

mikaboo

Medalist
A peek of Yuna skating to Notre Dame de Paris from 0:40 here.
They say she injured her foot in April and was off training for 2 months.

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
A peek of Yuna skating to Notre Dame de Paris from 0:40 here.
They say she injured her foot in April and was off training for 2 months.

Oh that's too bad. Hope it's all healed now and she can perform well at her JGPs

kalee

On the Ice
The JGP English commentator really needs to do his homework -- he made the mistake twice of saying it's Yuna's first JGP season, which is unforgivable given that she was in JGPF last year with 2 golds and came in 4th at JW.
:eek:

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
The JGP English commentator really needs to do his homework -- he made the mistake twice of saying it's Yuna's first JGP season, which is unforgivable given that she was in JGPF last year with 2 golds and came in 4th at JW.
:eek:

Well that's not good :slink:

malo42

On the Ice
It's too bad she finished off podium. It seems unlikely that she'll be able to qualify for the GPF at this point, but I always like being positive! Not going to the GPF will giver her more time to focus on nationals! I saw quite a few things written about her in the comp threads that I obviously won't repeat here but it got me kind of down :( Just things that I generally wish people would not say about young girls. I think she's probably not back to top form after her injury and off ice time. There's lots of time and space for improvements and I look forward to it!

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
It's too bad she finished off podium. It seems unlikely that she'll be able to qualify for the GPF at this point, but I always like being positive! Not going to the GPF will giver her more time to focus on nationals! I saw quite a few things written about her in the comp threads that I obviously won't repeat here but it got me kind of down :( Just things that I generally wish people would not say about young girls. I think she's probably not back to top form after her injury and off ice time. There's lots of time and space for improvements and I look forward to it!

If she doesn't make it to the GPF, it won't be the end of the world. She'll have more time to prepare for Nationals and Jr Worlds, if she attends. She's in a tough spot, but it's only a competition.

mikaboo

Medalist
I didn’t read this article until after she skated to her SP but it says that the injury Yuna had sustained was a bone fracture on her left shin. She broke it at the beginning of April and was off the ice for 2 months. She got back to the ice on June 11th and started jumping a month later in July. She got her 3+3s back a month after DOI.
She worked on her core muscles during the rehabilitation period which helped her regain her jumps back fast.
She also lost some unnecessary muscles and is in the process of gaining new ones.

The injury was worse than I thought:( I hope it was just a matter of lack of training time that she couldn't do as well as she's able to and that she can come back stronger at her next JGP. I don't mind if she doesn't make the JGPF though. She can do what Wakaba did last season and focus for Junior Nationals.

This FS costume she wore at Summer Cup is so nice. I prefer this one to the one she wore at JGP. Too many things going on there.

thoakun

Final Flight
Think I've become Yuna' s fan after her fantastic fights at Japan Nationals. I admire that she seems to be unfazet by pressure and mistakes, kept her composure and fought hard until the very end. Also impressed by her jumps this season.