Roman Sadovsky | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Roman Sadovsky

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Recall our discussion on selection criteria for senior men? It's not something hidden. It's here: https://info.skatecanada.ca/hc/en-c...r-Senior-Challenger-and-International-Events-

Now you can judge for yourself whether it's likely he'll get that GP spot or not.

Oops, I forgot about the 220 minimum. Well, he still earned the highest placement at Minto of all the guys who are older than 12, so assuming that he does reach that benchmark at the Skate Ontario Summer Skate, then he at least has a decent chance at the SCI spot.

What did Roman got for Minto? Results and protocols are not uploaded yet.

The LP protocols are now available: http://www.skateontario.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/17SeniorMenFP2DRO.pdf

I've noticed that Roman's PCS in the SP was behind Liam, Nic and Nam in that order, while his PCS in the LP was the highest (albeit with Nic being absent).

Last edited:

Kuan

Final Flight
Oops, I forgot about the 220 minimum. :eek:: Well, he still earned the highest placement at Minto of all the guys who are older than 12, so assuming that he does reach that benchmark at the Skate Ontario Summer Skate, then he at least has a decent chance at the SCI spot.

The LP protocols are now available: http://www.skateontario.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/17SeniorMenFP2DRO.pdf

I've noticed that Roman's PCS in the SP was behind Liam, Nic and Nam in that order, while his PCS in the LP was the highest (albeit with Nic being absent).

:drama: Roman! Why are you losing so much points on spins. You are a spin master! My favorite! One V and lev2? If he had gotten all his usual spin levels and +GOE he could have had the 4.60 points he needed for the required score.

Next time honey. When is Skate Ontario?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
:drama: Roman! Why are you losing so much points on spins. You are a spin master! My favorite! One V and lev2? If he had gotten all his usual spin levels and +GOE he could have had the 4.60 points he needed for the required score.

Next time honey. When is Skate Ontario?

yup... when looking at the protocols, SO MANY skaters lost points on spins.... not only Roman... but many others... perhaps the panelists were especially strict with this.

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Roman's LP music is the Sword Art Online soundtrack by Yuki Kajiura, in case anyone was wondering. I know basically nothing about the anime genre, so I have absolutely no idea what the story is or who the characters are, but until someone enlightens me on what exactly he's portraying, I'll refer to him as a warrior prince. ;)

When is Skate Ontario?

Aug. 17.

Kuan

Final Flight
yup... when looking at the protocols, SO MANY skaters lost points on spins.... not only Roman... but many others... perhaps the panelists were especially strict with this.

I think they were strict, but Romans last spin was a clear mistake. Poor boy lost steam and balance at the end. I hope he works on his stamina for skate Ontario.

@Siberia: Thank you. So Romans music choices are the most original ones till now. I also didn't heard about this anime, though I used to watch a lot when I was younger. I listened to some intros and theme songs of it right now. Some pieces are quite useful for skating.

Sherlock Marple

On the Ice
Roman's LP music is the Sword Art Online soundtrack by Yuki Kajiura, in case anyone was wondering. I know basically nothing about the anime genre, so I have absolutely no idea what the story is or who the characters are, but until someone enlightens me on what exactly he's portraying, I'll refer to him as a warrior prince. ;)

You can learn about the anime here.
I assume he's portraying Kirito/Kazuto Kirigaya (the male MC), basing from the pieces he chose. You can say that he's a warrior. :)

@Siberia: Thank you. So Romans music choices are the most original ones till now. I also didn't heard about this anime, though I used to watch a lot when I was younger. I listened to some intros and theme songs of it right now. Some pieces are quite useful for skating.

I really like Yuki Kajiura's music. She is my fave anime composer.

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
So Romans music choices are the most original ones till now.

I'm so glad that he's skating to music that isn't well-known because it makes his programs very distinct. :yes: They both stand out in my mind.

I assume he's portraying Kirito/Kazuto Kirigaya (the male MC), basing from the pieces he chose.

You must be right because I've just learned that the swords on the front and back of Roman's costume are Kirito's iconic swords, Dark Repulser and Elucidator, respectively ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirito_(Sword_Art_Online)#/media/File:Kirito_character_design.png ). Furthermore, Roman's outfit is almost entirely black (Kirito in the picture wears black), and I'm guessing that the added sparkly green represents virtual reality. (I don't know if the use of green was specifically taken from Sword Art Online, but most Westerners associate green with virtual reality because of the "raining" green computer code in The Matrix film trilogy, and the scenes which take place within the Matrix have a greenish tint.) Kirito is a teenager, and thus close to Roman's age.

You can say that he's a warrior. :)

😁 The nickname stays!

As a sci-fi/fantasy fan, I'm loving the fact Roman's SP and LP take place in imaginary worlds, and I enjoy the contrast between them. :luv17: Vampires are typically villainous and part of the dark fantasy subgenre, while Kirito is the hero protagonist of a science-fiction anime. Roman has suddenly become so much cooler in my book. :cool14:

Last edited:

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
2 weeks until the next competition and just over 1 week until he skates in the SYTYCJ event. I wonder what changes, if any, we'll see to his programs? I think he needs a bit of breathing room in the FS so he can finish his program on time.

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Over 200 pics of our vampire prince (unlike most of his brethren, he does appear in photographs ;) ) : http://www.danielleearlphotography.com/p258345547

and just over 1 week until he skates in the SYTYCJ event.

Do you know if he'll skate an exhibition, or will he perform one of his competitive programs and be judged like the ice dancers?

I wonder what changes, if any, we'll see to his programs? I think he needs a bit of breathing room in the FS so he can finish his program on time.

Is that why he looked so exhausted in the 2nd half? Is it a bit too jam-packed for him to handle?

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Do you know if he'll skate an exhibition, or will he perform one of his competitive programs and be judged like the ice dancers?
Is that why he looked so exhausted in the 2nd half? Is it a bit too jam-packed for him to handle?

The last time I recall Roman skated at Scarboro FSC for the public was Nationals send off in 2016. There he did his SP. As all the other skaters will be doing their competitive programs it's likely Roman will do his as well. Doesn't make sense to judge an EX. Though I'm not sure if he'll be on the judging sheet or not.

I have to rewatch his FS because each time I'm watching it I'm looking at something different that someone's pointed out to me. But that remark comes from the fact that he had to ditch his final spin to hit his ending pose as he ran out of time in the end. It may be that he didn't account for time to get up from falls and the timing of elements got thrown off. Did you notice what it was that messed up his timing?

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Roman was the only visitor at Canada's Wonderland who was well-prepared against elements :laugh: : https://www.instagram.com/p/BXbsYPhg8mu/

Did you notice what it was that messed up his timing?

I'm not sure, but he was extremely sluggish towards the end, so my best guess is that he began falling behind the music when he slid a little during his second-to-last spin.

Btw, does anyone know who choreographed his LP?

Kuan

Final Flight
I found another picture on Instagram :rofl: best justice league ever! Roman as flash und Conrad as Bad Man :luv17:

By the way, have you seen podium pictures from Minto?

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I found another picture on Instagram :rofl: best justice league ever! Roman as flash und Conrad as Bad Man :luv17:

Awesomesauce! :cool: This totally appeals to my inner geek because it looks like a snapshot I might've taken at a sci-fi convention.

By the way, have you seen podium pictures from Minto?

If you're referring specifically to one which features Roman with a silver medal, then the answer is no, unfortunately. :disapp:

vintagefigureskater

On the Ice
Looks like Roman did make it to the IDE So You think You Can Judge event last night. Here's a group shot from photographer Stephen Bell's instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BXsbjiUAv9V/?taken-by=bellshot

Apparently individual photos will be coming soon, so hopefully he got some pretty pictures of our boy. :)

he looks good there ;)

<Puts on mama bear suit and growls menacingly at 4everchan>. Back off buddy. No oggling allowed until he's at least 30. Maybe older. Maybe never. :laugh:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Looks like Roman did make it to the IDE So You think You Can Judge event last night. Here's a group shot from photographer Stephen Bell's instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BXsbjiUAv9V/?taken-by=bellshot

Apparently individual photos will be coming soon, so hopefully he got some pretty pictures of our boy. :)

<Puts on mama bear suit and growls menacingly at 4everchan>. Back off buddy. No oggling allowed until he's at least 30. Maybe older. Maybe never. :laugh:

muahahaha

don't worry about me... i am way too invested in chiddy ;) lol when Roman is 30, i will be dead LOL