Roman Sadovsky | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Roman Sadovsky

vintagefigureskater

On the Ice
That's true seabm7. Oh well, I'm betting having a program done by the guy who choreographed for his idol would be pretty good in his eyes too. :)

Last edited:

loretta007

Rinkside
Wilson would be a good match:agree: Or it could be Shae-Lynn? Skate Canada website doesn't show any other ice show of Roman before Skate Detroit. Hopefully there will be an announcement of the music and choreographer sooner or later.

vintagefigureskater

On the Ice
Happy birthday Roman!!! 17 today. :biggrin:

Any word on his music, or confirmation of his choreographer? He and Shae-Lynn could do some amazing things together too.

Did you guys see this cute but hilarious video he posted? :rofl:

His coach in the background. :laugh2: How old do you think he is there? 7 or 8 I'm guessing?

JuliaHols

On the Ice
Happy birthday Roman!!! 17 today. :biggrin:

Any word on his music, or confirmation of his choreographer? He and Shae-Lynn could do some amazing things together too.

His coach in the background. :laugh2: How old do you think he is there? 7 or 8 I'm guessing?

OMG that video is so adorable...even then he was such a lovely spinner, well excluding the fall at the end. Wonder what program that was?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROMAN

JuliaHols

On the Ice
Hey isn't roman competiting in Skate Detroit? If he is, we'll see his new short program in a few minutes ! I hope he gets his triple axel!!!

vintagefigureskater

On the Ice
Roman's new SP music is Exogenesis Symphony Part III by Muse. I LOVE this piece of music, so I'm very happy he's using it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OZTJkIMB0g He did a terrific 3 axel :yes2:, but then popped the 3 lutz - 3 toe combo. :cry:

For his FP, he's keeping his R&J program from last year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFAKrL3YPmw. He fell on the 3 axel, and both the quad sal & quad sal combo, but did a gorgeous 3 lutz - 3 toe combo. Figures! :laugh: To me it looked like he was having to think through it, which seemed weird since he had the program last year, then I realized he's probably training a shorter version for the JGP.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
as i didn't see him last year, I also thought it was a new program because he did indeed look like he was thinking so hard... but however, it could be that he is rearranging all the jump layout with the 4S ....
Roman's new SP music is Exogenesis Symphony Part III by Muse. I LOVE this piece of music, so I'm very happy he's using it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OZTJkIMB0g He did a terrific 3 axel :yes2:, but then popped the 3 lutz - 3 toe combo. :cry:

For his FP, he's keeping his R&J program from last year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFAKrL3YPmw. He fell on the 3 axel, and both the quad sal & quad sal combo, but did a gorgeous 3 lutz - 3 toe combo. Figures! :laugh: To me it looked like he was having to think through it, which seemed weird since he had the program last year, then I realized he's probably training a shorter version for the JGP.

Some of the choreography is definitely different and there's more transitions now. His jumps look bigger and his 4S must be more consistent if he's put two of them in his freeskate. The 3Lz-3T doesn't look borderline underrotated like his triple-triples sometimes did before. Hard to tell how much progress he's made on fixing the flip since he popped it. It looks like he's lost a bit of flexibility judging by his back camel catch-leg. His twizzles still look a little unstable. But honestly, there's so much improvement, I'm super excited for this season.

loretta007

Rinkside
I think his back camel catch-leg in the short program looks fine as usual but I agree male skaters at this age tend to lose their back flexibility for the sake of a stronger snap for the quads. The second quad though:shocked: not sure if it's planned or just a spontaneous move. I read somewhere else that Roman looked a bit intimidated during the warm-up since there were only him and Nicolas on the ice in group 2 and Nic was doing all the big jumps:rofl: So maybe the problems in FS were more about mentality. P.S. I much prefer the blue costume for R+J last year:drama:

JuliaHols

On the Ice
I think his back camel catch-leg in the short program looks fine as usual but I agree male skaters at this age tend to lose their back flexibility for the sake of a stronger snap for the quads. The second quad though:shocked: not sure if it's planned or just a spontaneous move. I read somewhere else that Roman looked a bit intimidated during the warm-up since there were only him and Nicolas on the ice in group 2 and Nic was doing all the big jumps:rofl: So maybe the problems in FS were more about mentality. P.S. I much prefer the blue costume for R+J last year:drama:

Yesss hahah that purple MONSTROSITY is not acceptable. His camel spin last year was so perfect too. But there is some improvement obviously, like he's attempting all the hard jumps this year and he has popped alot less 😂 though he's still a #popstar. I think the first fall on the Salchow completely destroyed his mentality, which was followed by two other painful falls :( but this is still early in the season so he's probably not as prepared yet. Props to him for trying two quads in the free and the triple axel. Last year, he didn't even put a triple axel in the free.

loretta007

Rinkside
Yesss hahah that purple MONSTROSITY is not acceptable. His camel spin last year was so perfect too. But there is some improvement obviously, like he's attempting all the hard jumps this year and he has popped alot less 😂 though he's still a #popstar. I think the first fall on the Salchow completely destroyed his mentality, which was followed by two other painful falls :( but this is still early in the season so he's probably not as prepared yet. Props to him for trying two quads in the free and the triple axel. Last year, he didn't even put a triple axel in the free.

yup I kinda feel like he has the tendency to give up after a fall or maybe it's just the pain. He landed the 3A in warm-up during FS so the consistency definitely gets much better. It's good to see he is not popping the big jumps anymore though. The delivery of the short was much better than the free even though it's a new program. He was fully committed to the performance as long as there was no fall:p. The short program has great potential, I wonder who the choreographer is:think:

loretta007

Rinkside
Roman scored a total of 218.74 at the COS Thornhill Summer Skate (SP:71.70 FS:147.04)
Protocol for the SP and FS

SP
fancam 1
fancam 2

Popped the 3A but all other elements were nicely done.

FS
fancam
I believe this is his first rotated 4S in competition? followed by a gorgeous 3A+2T. Popped the second 3A:drama: had some issues with the 3Lz+3T combo.Seems like there has been a bit of change in the layout since Skate Detroit. No second quad this time. His 3A seems effortless with great height when he actually lands it. The popping though:bang: But overall it's much better than Skate Detroit! Hopefully it will keep improving throughout the season.

Last edited:

JuliaHols

On the Ice
Roman scored a total of 218.74 at the COS Thornhill Summer Skate (SP:71.70 FS:147.04)
Protocol for the SP and FS

SP
fancam 1
fancam 2

Popped the 3A but all other elements were nicely done.

FS
fancam
I believe this is his first rotated 4S in competition? followed by a gorgeous 3A+2T. Popped the second 3A:drama: had some issues with the 3Lz+3T combo.Seems like there has been a bit of change in the layout since Skate Detroit. No second quad this time. His 3A seems effortless with great height when he actually lands it. The popping though:bang: But overall it's much better than Skate Detroit! Hopefully it will keep improving throughout the season.
Omg I'm so excited for him. Massive improvements already. Great triple Axel combo. And all level 4 spins and stsq for his sp. So did he win? Is this the first senior comp he's won?

loretta007

Rinkside
Omg I'm so excited for him. Massive improvements already. Great triple Axel combo. And all level 4 spins and stsq for his sp. So did he win? Is this the first senior comp he's won?

It's the COS sectionals where there are only a few senior men this year. So he has to be extra disastrous to not win this event:p I think he started to compete as senior nationally since 2013-2014? The level 2 stsq in FS though...I've never seen him getting lv2 on stsq. His team needs to fix it ASAP

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Although Roman didn't do well at Nationals, I nonetheless became his fan when I watched his SP on TSN. There were two glaring errors, yet I was still entranced by his lyrical, fluid style. 🥰 I had seen a few of his performances in the past when they were broadcast on Canadian television, but his skating didn't hook me until now.

I then looked for videos of his JGP programs from earlier this season (such as https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRBmxlW82dQ and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z6JZJr4rNQ), and wow, I had no idea that a junior-level athlete could move so beautifully across the ice; Roman skates like a dream! :love: In my eyes at least, his style is a cross between Jeff Buttle's and Jeremy Abbott's, which is an irresistible combination.

Last edited: