Roman Sadovsky | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Roman Sadovsky

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards - Søren Kierkegaard

I can't help but feel disappointed at how I performed at nationals. But looking back at it, there were still some good things that I did. All I can do now is keep looking ahead. #movingforward

Last edited:

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Just for fun, I found vids from when Roman was a novice-level skater. :)

2012 Novice Canadians SP; I strongly suspect that his 12-year-old self chose "Sing Sing Sing" because his idol Jeff Buttle skated to it in the 2005-2006 season.

2012 Novice Canadians LP:

2012 Canadians Novice Men Medal Ceremony (Partial):

Last edited:

gidongainsbourg1

Spectator
Does anyone have the video of Roman's interview after FS at Nationals? Skate Canada didn't upload it. I couldn't see it in live and haven't find the video yet. Please upload it if you have. :bow:

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Does anyone have the video of Roman's interview after FS at Nationals? Skate Canada didn't upload it. I couldn't see it in live and haven't find the video yet. Please upload it if you have. :bow:

I don't have a YouTube account, so I don't know how things work on that site, but is there a way for users to send a private message to whoever runs the Skate Canada channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsc7hNfnY3b65mZqXkVKNZw/videos) and politely request that s/he upload Roman's post-LP interview with Debbi Wilkes?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

gidongainsbourg1

Spectator
I don't have a YouTube account, so I don't know how things work on that site, but is there a way for users to send a private message to whoever runs the Skate Canada channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsc7hNfnY3b65mZqXkVKNZw/videos) and politely request that s/he upload Roman's post-LP interview with Debbi Wilkes?

Thank you so much for your suggestion. I want to watch the video and I could ask Skate Canada about it. But it was a tough interview, you know, so I'm hesitating to do it....:slink:

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
It was reported on another thread that Roman is no longer competing at the Bavarian Open, so now I'm worried that he might be injured. :(

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
hope its not true!
ugh Roma! pretty sad now:sad21:

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
It's confirmed in this Skate Canada article that Roman is injured: https://skatecanada.ca/2017/02/canadian-skaters-sweep-mens-medals-at-bavarian-open/

The 15-year-old Phan is the first sub for the world junior squad. He is keeping sharp with third men's member Roman Sadovsky of Vaughan, Ont., currently injured.

I just fell in love with Roman's skating last month, and now he may not be able to compete at Junior Worlds. 🙁

Last edited:

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Blogger Sarah Rasher published the second half of her "Who's who" guide for the men's singles competitors at Junior Worlds, and I copied and pasted her assessment of Roman: http://thefinersports.com/2017/03/2017-junior-worlds-field-guide-men-part-2/

Season So Far: Sadovsky landed a lovely quad salchow at his first Junior Grand Prix event, in Yokohama, but messy jumps elsewhere were only good enough for 5th place. He was in much stronger form at JGP Tallinn, where he earned a career-best overall score and a silver medal. His next stop was his senior international debut, Golden Spin. There, he performed a terrific short program but missed his quad in the free skate for the first time all year, for an overall 7th-place finish. At Nationals, he fell apart, suffering two falls in his short program and three in his free skate, and a devastating 9th-place result.

Outlook for Junior Worlds: Sadovsky's best results have given him quite a resume. He qualified for the Junior Grand Prix Final in 2015, has earned JGP medals of every color, and has placed as high as 4th at Nationals. Since he began training with Orser last spring, his jump technique has improved, as have his musicality and posture. Despite his youth, he moves like a senior-level skater, fluid and with conviction. However, Sadovsky throws so much power into his jumps that he has trouble controlling his landings, especially on his triple Axel. Sadovsky has everything he needs to win gold at Junior Worlds, but it's also frustratingly possible that he won't break into the top 10. If there's a reason Why I Drink, it's because of endearing, unpredictable skaters like Sadovsky.

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
There's a lovely new pic of Roman taken by Conrad Orzel :love: :

Last edited:

vintagefigureskater

On the Ice
However, Sadovsky throws so much power into his jumps that he has trouble controlling his landings, especially on his triple Axel. Sadovsky has everything he needs to win gold at Junior Worlds, but it's also frustratingly possible that he won't break into the top 10. If there's a reason Why I Drink, it's because of endearing, unpredictable skaters like Sadovsky.

While I agree with her about Roman's unpredictability being a good reason to drink :laugh:, I disagree with her take on the reason for his difficulty with the 3axel - it's not that he overpowers it, but moreso that he doesn't take enough speed and power into the takeoff. He tends to slow down a great deal going into it and then lacks the momentum to complete the rotation. Oddly though, he doesn't do this on 4sal, so it might just be a comfort thing going into the forward takeoff. Hope he can nail in the SP at Jr. Worlds and set himself up for good spot in the LP!

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
While I agree with her about Roman's unpredictability being a good reason to drink :laugh:

I cracked up at that comment, too! :rofl: I thought she would label him as a Dark Horse, but he received the more dubious designation instead. :p

I disagree with her take on the reason for his difficulty with the 3axel - it's not that he overpowers it, but moreso that he doesn't take enough speed and power into the takeoff. He tends to slow down a great deal going into it and then lacks the momentum to complete the rotation. Oddly though, he doesn't do this on 4sal, so it might just be a comfort thing going into the forward takeoff.

I totally agree with you. :agree: I noticed on Sarah's blog that she doesn't have any posts about the Canadian Nationals, but she has several for the US Nationals, so I'm not surprised that she got a detail wrong with regards to Roman's jumping style.

Hope he can nail in the SP at Jr. Worlds and set himself up for good spot in the LP!

I know that I should keep my expectations in check considering that he was injured just a month ago, but we can always hope for the best, and it would be wonderful if he has a clean SP, not just for the results, but also because I love his "Exogenesis" routine soooooooooooo much! :love: I'm sure this makes me sound like a silly fangirl, but whenever Roman skates to that program, I imagine him to be an otherworldly prince who casts a spell on my soul. :bow:

Last edited:

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I don't have time right now to fully express my joy that Roman had skated a Personal Best SP, but I still wanted to share a couple of goodies during my lunch break.

2017 Junior Worlds SP:

Pics from his SP: https://www.facebook.com/EdeaSkates...2174190590029/826678090806299/?type=3&theater

https://twitter.com/ymympiconly/status/841998774935343104

A gorgeous photo of him with his teammates and Vincent Zhou :love: : https://www.facebook.com/5749954958...995495897358/1411835338880032/?type=3&theater

Last edited:

liv

Record Breaker
Who is currently coaching him? I thought he'd gone to Cricket Club, yet at World's he's with Wainman again? So almost exactly a year later he's back with her. Hope it works out for him.

Last edited: