Deniss Vasiljevs | Page 128 | Golden Skate

Deniss Vasiljevs

lina4et

Rinkside
How about this: "Steph wanted me to skate to R&J (as I'm reputedly alike young Leonardo, ha ha), but: 1. it's a tragic story and I'm not in such a mood, 2. it's tragically overused. So I decided to take a story of my buddy Eric, which is dramatic but not tragic and definitely not overused" :cool:.

This can be absolutely any reason, and I don’t think that we should guess or invent for it. Maybe he will tell about it at one of the fan meetings 😉

ime

Rinkside
How about this: "Steph wanted me to skate to R&J (as I'm reputedly alike young Leonardo, ha ha), but: 1. it's a tragic story and I'm not in such a mood, 2. it's tragically overused. .

hahahahahah I personally want him to skate to R&J one day......so I’m not really alright with this[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

No it just a bad joke....actually I love love this two pieces of music. The melody, rhythm and the style both suit him well. Our boy has one of the best music taste~

As for the meaning behind the second one, I am curious about it as well, but ...well if he wants to talk about it then he will, if not, I can just enjoy the music and program itself without thinking too much...(believe me I really think A LOT last night, but... now after I calm down, I am more than happy to accept it as it is , no matter he wants to give an explanation or not...

icetug

Medalist
FoI in Toyama starts tomorrow, believe after Kobe Deniss had an excellent rest at the hot springs hotel Tatiana and Max Trankov showed us :).
The kanji Deniss was calligraphing is for "Science" or "Learning" (as I understand from some Japanese fans' posts). I wonder if it has to do something with the symbols FoI skaters presented during fan meeting in Kobe as describing them in the best way (like "Smile", presented by Liza). Anyway, it suits Deniss perfectly.

There is an interview with Deniss, Stephane and Koshiro in new issue of "Quadruple Axel" to be released on June 17 - "Team Stephane". The photo is almost the same Stephane shared in his Ig post, but Deniss seems much more relaxed :laugh:.

DenissVFan

Medalist
It's been a while since I was last here because I haven't even had time to watch Worlds 😥 but I'm happy with all the new Deniss content. I'm pleased with his new programmes 🙂

icetug

Medalist
Just leaving the interview here, believing a Japanese speaking fan translate it (as it's really short) :)
There are two more pictures of Deniss, Stephane and Koshiro taken during the interview inside the issue.

And some fresher snapshots: with Kaori and Nobu in Japan (FaoI) and with Mihoko Higuchi girls (plus Koshiro and Matilda) in Champery. I bet Deniss will speak fluent Japanese till the end of next season ;).

ime

Rinkside
Thank you Icetug! I brought this magazine to... So desperately want to know what is in it.....
Plus , today is the GP assignment publish date! Any ideas of which competitions will he sign up? IDF+NHK as he did last year?

icetug

Medalist
I'm relieved that he got 2 assignments ;)

It was my concern also, as his SB was rather :palmf: last season ;)

Some random thoughts about assignments:
- it seems that starting a season in the country hosting WC is Deniss' tradition now (however next year WC is in Stockholm, how will he manage to continue the tradition? :laugh:). Taking all his ups and downs into consideration, I would say it can work this time...
- Skate Canada invited a nice representation of beautifully skating men :agree:. What's important for Deniss: there will be only Yuzuru he never won over (at least in one part of the competition, I think of Mikhail now)
- some of his good friends will be here (i.e. Camden, Serafima and Zachary Lagha) and hope he will be feeling great having them around
- Koshiro got Skate America and I'm happy they don't need to compete against each other in Koshiro's GP debut. I also wonder if Deniss goes with Koshiro and Stephane to Las Vegas to get more time to have jetlag overcome (as there is ca. 3 hours flight from Las Vegas to Kelowna)
- Rostelecom is the competition he feels almost at home ;) and has a lot of friends here; moreover, there will be only Shoma he never won over :yes:. So... I just hope Tatiana Tarasova doesn't cast spell on him again ;)
- what's sad for me personally about CoR assignment: there is no hope that Deniss takes part in Warsaw Cup as the dates are the same...

Talking about challengers: I truly hope he starts new season with one of them, if not Lombardia as it's early - maybe Nebelhorn?

fourthdimension

On the Ice
It was my concern also, as his SB was rather :palmf: last season ;)

Some random thoughts about assignments:
- it seems that starting a season in the country hosting WC is Deniss' tradition now (however next year WC is in Stockholm, how will he manage to continue the tradition? :laugh:). Taking all his ups and downs into consideration, I would say it can work this time...
- Skate Canada invited a nice representation of beautifully skating men :agree:. What's important for Deniss: there will be only Yuzuru he never won over (at least in one part of the competition, I think of Mikhail now)
- some of his good friends will be here (i.e. Camden, Serafima and Zachary Lagha) and hope he will be feeling great having them around
- Koshiro got Skate America and I'm happy they don't need to compete against each other in Koshiro's GP debut. I also wonder if Deniss goes with Koshiro and Stephane to Las Vegas to get more time to have jetlag overcome (as there is ca. 3 hours flight from Las Vegas to Kelowna)
- Rostelecom is the competition he feels almost at home ;) and has a lot of friends here; moreover, there will be only Shoma he never won over :yes:. So... I just hope Tatiana Tarasova wouldn't cast spell on him again ;)
- what's sad for me personally about CoR assignment: there is no hope that Deniss takes part in Warsaw Cup as the dates are the same...

Talking about challengers: I truly hope he starts new season with one of them, if not Lombardia as it's early - maybe Nebelhorn?

I agree, these are actually good assignments. I have to admit, it never occurred to me that Deniss would get SC (and therefore I have no hope of going) but it’s a well-organized competition, and the field doesn’t look too too hard.

I also hope he does a challenger. I think it was a mistake not to start his season earlier and get more competition practice last year, especially if competition nerves are difficult for him.

Or maybe I just think that because it was such a long wait for his programs last year

ime

Rinkside
I also hope he does a challenger. I think it was a mistake not to start his season earlier and get more competition practice last year, especially if competition nerves are difficult for him.

Talking about the earlier competition that taken in Canada......Guys, how about ACI? I know it may turn into a hard competition since the TCC skaters will defiantly compete there, so it may be a little bit hard to gain points, but a more competitive field may be a good chance to just “switch on” the mood?

icetug

Medalist
I have to admit, it never occurred to me that Deniss would get SC
Talking about the earlier competition that taken in Canada......Guys, how about ACI?

I was quite sure that Deniss would go to Canada in the beginning of the season and considered ACI in case he wouldn't get SC. I don't know if he decides to go to ACI now, it's the earliest competition in the season so probably it will depend on how well prepared he feels. As Kenta Kojiri seems to be in Switzerland, I presume they are only going to work on Deniss' FS. But it would be great to see him competing with TCC skaters (and Roman Sadovsky):). Almost all my favourite skaters in one place? I would skip sleeping to watch them, definitely :luv17:.

There is Russian translation of Quadruple Axel "round table" interview. Selected quotations:

[About SoI] Deniss: The choreography of the opening number “Born This Way” is so complex that all day I could only think about one thing: “Is everything OK with steps !?” (laughs). But after the group number, when the time came to perform my solo program - I felt relieved: “You can relax, this is my favorite program.” I performed “Iron”, choregraphed by Steph, therefore, the performance was easy and comfortable.

[About past season] Deniss: For me it was not super-positive in terms of ranking and final places. But it gave me the opportunity to think a lot and decide what needs to be done in order to become better than myself, on what I need to focus in order to continue to develop. In this sense, the past season helped a lot.

[About cooking] Koshiro: He (looks at Deniss) is a true master of this business.
Stefan: He opens the fridge, looks at what is inside and “Oh, let's cook this and that” (laughs).
Deniss: These two just want to know what the dish consists of in the end (laughs).

icetug

Medalist
The "Bloodstream" from FaoI in Kobe - full version.
There is an obvious placeholder after first jump for a combination (however Deniss holding his position for some time is such a pleasure for eyes...). Spins are inventive and simply beautiful (I still remember Stephane's opinion on spins nowadays ;)). It's going to be a perfect program.

ime

Rinkside
I just love love this program from beginning to the ends ......but particular in the second half of the program. It just WOW! The 3T confuses me a little bit......it that implies that he is planning to add 4T in his sp?

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The "Bloodstream" from FaoI in Kobe - full version.
There is an obvious placeholder after first jump for a combination (however Deniss holding his position for some time is such a pleasure for eyes...). Spins are inventive and simply beautiful (I still remember Stephane's opinion on spins nowadays ;)). It's going to be a perfect program.

I love it. That spin, the step sequence and his jumps were good. :thumbsup: :)