Deniss Vasiljevs | Page 135 | Golden Skate

Deniss Vasiljevs

DenissVFan

Medalist
Now that Shoma is going to Champery for a bit, I hope that Deniss cooks something nice for him to cheer him up ;)

Salemrocks11

Rinkside
Lol. He cooked and baked all off season for the visiting students. Everyone has a sweet tooth

I just hope Deniss can get out of his own head to get close to the podium in two weeks. He still does not look comfortable with his FS. The season is in full swing now. With the field like it is he cannot make these big mistakes anymore, let alone tiny ones. He seemed pretty upset in the K&C (for a second?) I wonder how many of his 27 hours of training a week are on ice and how many are off ice. It never specifies

Salemrocks11

Rinkside
Yeah! And his facial features are more defined now. It’s funny in some pictures it looks like he has grown a lot into his stature and in others he looks exactly like he did at the Olympics [emoji23]. Must be his smile that never changes and his ‘deer in the headlights’ look for candid pictures.

icetug

Medalist
Now that Shoma is going to Champery for a bit, I hope that Deniss cooks something nice for him to cheer him up ;)

I was thinking rather of a joint trekking in the mountains to increase stamina before Rostelecom :laugh:.

But as Deniss tries his hand with chocolate confectionery it would be a good idea to cheer Shoma up with a delicious hand made chocolate. However Shoma prefers meet, so maybe a beef stew with chocolate and red wine would do ;). I wish fans at Rostelecom ask Deniss what (if any) he cooked/baked for Shoma.

icetug

Medalist
Deniss's message for the 10th anniversary of the Olympic centre in Daugavpils: https://youtu.be/ttrK6DwiOmk
It's so touching! Hope to see him on the native ice soon! :luv17:

He seems to be attached to his home city really much though he has not many opportunities to visit it. However I feel he's going to Nationals this year. Why I think he plans it? Just because on the Music on Ice webpage (which is scheduled for January 2020) he's introduced as "4 times national champion" and as far as I know he's only 3 times Latvian champion as yet ;).

icetug

Medalist
Photos from Skate Canada I'd like to highlight.

This one because it's an example of how beneficial for us, Deniss fans, is Yuzuru competing in the same event ;). Yuzu's fan tried to take a photo of him but a camera focused on Deniss instead :laugh:.

This one because one day I was in a really bad mood and when I saw it, suddenly my day became much brighter.

These ones because they made me curious who/what Deniss noticed and why he was a bit testy :confused:.

And this one just because it's a nice group photo from the Gala :).

DenissVFan

Medalist
I hope that Deniss competes at nationals this year. It'd be nice for the local fans and we'd see his programmes more times :)

Now that Rostelecom is approaching, I guess we're going to see Bloodstream as his SP (however, I haven't ruled out the possibility that this is some kind of ruse haha :p Maybe I've been too exposed to conspiracy theories on the forum lately :p). What do you think his costume will be (not that shirt from the SCI gala, I hope)? I really like the campy vibes of his TMIL shirt but I'd like to see more colour in his Bloodstream costume. I must say I miss the banana pants!

icetug

Medalist
Now that Rostelecom is approaching, I guess we're going to see Bloodstream as his SP (however, I haven't ruled out the possibility that this is some kind of ruse haha :p Maybe I've been too exposed to conspiracy theories on the forum lately :p).
I haven't read any conspiracy theories... share some please... My thought was that they were going to avoid possible controversy at CoR and that's why the Bloodstream was kept as an alternative. So I expect to see Bloodstream.

What do you think his costume will be (not that shirt from the SCI gala, I hope)?
He had a top well matched to the title of the song so I wonder what happened to it. Anyway, the t-shirt from the SC gala brought to my mind a lot but not blood ;) Luckily I was able to think of the colour as honey/sunny and then it stopped to distract me so much from Deniss' performance...

DenissVFan

Medalist
I haven't read any conspiracy theories... share some please... My thought was that they were going to avoid possible controversy at CoR and that's why the Bloodstream was kept as an alternative. So I expect to see Bloodstream.

He had a top well matched to the title of the song so I wonder what happened to it. Anyway, the t-shirt from the SC gala brought to my mind a lot but not blood ;) Luckily I was able to think of the colour as honey/sunny and then it stopped to distract me so much from Deniss' performance...

I wasn't talking about any Deniss-related conspiracy theories, it's just that I'm a frequent visitor of the Russian ladies thread and I guess the developments there put me in this speculative mood :p

I too understood that they don't want to risk TMIL at CoR to avoid any potential legal troubles. But I also thought about whether they couldn't pull it off after all considering his ISU bio lists Bloodstream as his SP music and this is what is displayed on the screen (much like Ted Barton's famous "Anastasia Tarakanova skating to Believer by Imagine Dragons"). Plus Makar Ignatov is skating to a song by the same artist. I guess I started to consider this when I realised that if he makes it to the gala (*knocks on wood*), he'll have to perform TMIL anyway unless he has yet another programme lined up. IDK. I still think he'll go with Bloodstream but I wouldn't be totally surprised to see TMIL after all (the way it happened at Nepela).

I'm a fan of both programmes and I think they're both among his best, so I'll be happy to see either :) And fingers crossed for that Bloodstream costume!

icetug

Medalist
You changed your avatar, DenissVFan, I had to double check if it's you ;) Great Deniss' photo :agree:

I wasn't talking about any Deniss-related conspiracy theories, it's just that I'm a frequent visitor of the Russian ladies thread and I guess the developments there put me in this speculative mood :p

[OT] The thread is so hardcore I'm usually afraid of reading it :laugh:. But I think it's quite understandable: when a Russian coach says of his student's UR: "they gave [!] an UR" or a famous Russian skater claims "ISU doesn't want six Russian ladies in GPF", fans got a basis for speculations... [end of OT].

I'm a fan of both programmes and I think they're both among his best, so I'll be happy to see either :) And fingers crossed for that Bloodstream costume!
I love both programs too, but I've never seen him performing Bloodstream with the same passion as TMiL. So... I don't know, probably prefer TMiL a little bit more :).

I'm really excited he will be skating in Moscow again and hope for a result similar to his second, not first appearance there :pray: Actually a little surprise would be nice... But the most important is I believe Deniss likes starting in Moscow so wish him a wonderful time!