Deniss Vasiljevs | Page 138 | Golden Skate

Deniss Vasiljevs

DenissVFan

Medalist
yea he was discussing cooking quite a bit... that was more towards the end and got really funny because he joked about cooking with/ for Chris and Stéph ane and how different their styles/tastes are... but as I also only understood it because of my very nice neighbour who translated for me we will have to wait for the English transcript to completely get those jokes.

The longest part he discussed his fantasy world. Appartently he has a whole book/story in his mind that has already 12 chapters that is located in this world!
My translator gave up after a while translating this for me any detailed so the I took pictures so most of these pictures are from there... ☺️

I wouldn't be surprised to see Deniss publish a book sometime ;) He's really multitalented. He should also consider a cookbook, it would be a hit :biggrin:

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wouldn't be surprised to see Deniss publish a book sometime ;) He's really multitalented. He should also consider a cookbook, it would be a hit :biggrin:

The cookbook should have a picture of him with the finished dish. It would be a bestseller.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Sounds like he has so many talents, ideas, inspirations and ambitions that just one body is not enough :dance2:

icetug

Medalist
I love seeing Deniss so happy, the Rostelecom audience gave him he needed the most: the power to show his best.
That's what he said after SP:
I like to be on Rostelecom ice very much. People support me here so much, it's a motivation for me that makes my performance emotional. Today I got positive vibes and good memories
and after FS:
The first part of my skating was very focused on jumps. The 2nd part was exactly what I searched for. The connection with the audience, finding this flow. I feel bitter about the 1st part because I made the last season's mistake of focusing on jumps

He got not only SB, but also the highest score ever for SP :yay: what makes me believing the last season problems passed away and hopefully never come back.

Somebody's fringe is getting long again :p

And his hair together with the SP top underline his speed on ice - and that's just beautiful :love: like here or here or here.

And very unusual excerise for a skater :laugh:
And one more photo, Deniss with Satoko and Kazuki spotted somewhere in the city just after shopping ;)

icetug

Medalist
There is quite interesting interview taken after SP by a Russian journalist. I recommend it not only because of nice photos :luv17: and clickbiting title "Hanyu's coach helped a Latvian skater" - which is :drama: as Deniss was talking about... a choice of music :laugh:. I assume it was Ghislain Briand who gave an idea of Bloodstream for the SP (funny enough I was thinking about BS choreo as a masterclass by Salome for Morisi's choreographer and the interview gave me wider perspective ;)).

The third question is just puzzling. They were talking about two new SP and the journalist all of the sudden told: "But they are old, why aren't you doing new ones?". Wow. Poor Deniss had to explain that there was no way to have all new programs every time he performed :laugh:.

What reminded me Tatiana Tarasova commentary after Deniss' SP, also quite interesting. So for her Deniss quadless program could be good 20 years ago and as Stephane knows Deniss' strengths, he made the program to show them (what's partially true by the way and should be a praise while it sounded as an accusation :scratch2:). When Yagudin told that Deniss probably couldn't learn quads so they did what they could to maximize his score, she told it was unfair that he got better score than skaters having quads.
And I must say in that particular moment I understood why Deniss hadn't got an invitation for the gala...

DenissVFan

Medalist
What reminded me Tatiana Tarasova commentary after Deniss' SP, also quite interesting. So for her Deniss quadless program could be good 20 years ago and as Stephane knows Deniss' strengths, he made the program to show them (what's partially true by the way and should be a praise while it sounded as an accusation :scratch2:). When Yagudin told that Deniss probably couldn't learn quads so they did what they could to maximize his score, she told it was unfair that he got better score than skaters having quads.
And I must say in that particular moment I understood why Deniss hadn't got an invitation for the gala...

I’m so glad that ISU YouTube streams are a thing this season so I don’t have to listen to their commentary anymore! :bow: The Russian commentators really outdid themselves at last year’s Euros when they laughed at a Dutch skater underrotating a 3T, comparing him to Russian 8-year-olds :slink: I found this comment particularly unprofessional but they have had their fair share of jabs and hints at the skating of Deniss, Jason, Adam and the like. :)otopic: I sure hope that Jason scores high this week too and shows them :dev2:).

icetug

Medalist
I’m so glad that ISU YouTube streams are a thing this season so I don’t have to listen to their commentary anymore!

So am I. I wonder if they change their narrative after the petition to the Channel 1 authorities.

Anyway, great photos of Deniss taken at CoR before FS: https://www.instagram.com/p/B5TSBI7lRLz/?igshid=ur6l6v1nd296

And full video from his fan meeting in Moscow (plus a quick translation into English, still in progress): https://twitter.com/choromatsu333/status/1198862176720691202 :thank:

DenissVFan

Medalist
And full video from his fan meeting in Moscow (plus a quick translation into English, still in progress): https://twitter.com/choromatsu333/status/1198862176720691202 :thank:

What is Deniss not interested in? ;) His culinary experimentations are something else. Poor Chris :laugh2: Btw, not long ago I realised I didn't even know what type of phone Deniss has because I'd never seen him with one. I guess I now know why :p i was also curious about his progress with French, so it was interesting to hear that he incorporates it into his thoughts.

icetug

Medalist
I've read that Deniss will participate in Latvian nationals :)

Yes, and what's unusual, he will skate SP at 8p.m. and FS at 9 p.m. on 14th Dec. - so literally two programs in 64 minutes :con3:
What's even more unusual, only Chris is going to accompany him this time (however I don't think it's confirmed). But Japanese Nationals are real competition so I can understand Stephane has no time to go to Riga.