Deniss Vasiljevs | Page 142 | Golden Skate

Deniss Vasiljevs

icetug

Medalist
There is an interview taken before Latvian Nationals: original version and Russian translation. [I wonder WHY photos chosen to illustrate Deniss interviews are so awkward :rolleye:]. Also Anna Dierking and president of Latvian FS Association told few words.

Main issue: quads (obviously). Deniss has been training various quads but feels not ready (psychologically) to do them in competition, however wants to jump a quad this season. [I'm curious which quad jumps he's been learning aside from 4T and 4S.]

Anna said: "with unexpected elements he manages to impress even the coaches". That's what I wish to see! ;)

DenissVFan

Medalist
Yeah mid-spin and mid-jump photos are rarely flattering. Did they really ask him about his weight and relationship status? (judging by the information at the bottom) :confused:

And are 4 programmes really happening? :p

icetug

Medalist
Did they really ask him about his weight
Why not? I mean weight is something every skater has to check on a regular basis (however it's not an information shared everywhere ;))

and relationship status? (judging by the information at the bottom) :confused:
I know! :laugh: Did the Facebook change mentality so much?

And are 4 programmes really happening? :p
Think so. Deniss mentioned it as soon as at Nepela. I feel they wanted something replacing "Lotus Feet" in case audience finds it too sophisticated.

icetug

Medalist
It looks like Deniss is performing in Music on Ice today and tomorrow.

Hope so! He and Stephane were scheduled for MoI since summer so if Deniss didn't appear in Bellinzona I would be concerned :yes:.

By the way, yesterday I watched the YOG opening and when I saw Stephane in his "Four Season/Winter" costume, for a while I expected Deniss to join him :).

DenissVFan

Medalist
Why not? I mean weight is something every skater has to check on a regular basis (however it's not an information shared everywhere ;))

Sure but I wouldn't ask a skater about it in an interview in case they find it awkward. (Here it may have been a questionnaire, though). I guess that if a Russian lady were asked about it in an interview, there would be 10 pages of a heated debate the following day. I'd rather skaters were spared that.

I know! :laugh: Did the Facebook change mentality so much?

I think Japanese skaters are asked that a lot in various programmes. But a new hobby has entered the chat :agree: Human anatomy of all things. Deniss is really versatile!

Think so. Deniss mentioned it as soon as at Nepela. I feel they wanted something replacing "Lotus Feet" in case audience finds it too sophisticated.

I hope it's something upbeat, so that it can showcase his showman side more, as the 3 other programmes showcase rather his philosopher side.

I wouldn't mind some neon pants again :laugh: I'd suggest pink ones but Koshiro owns the colour pink this season :p

icetug

Medalist

icetug

Medalist
I guess that if a Russian lady were asked about it in an interview, there would be 10 pages of a heated debate the following day.
Russian ladies' weight is always a sensitive subject, especially on GS. On the other hand, I remember Tatiana Tarasova judging male skaters weight during a TV broadcast.... I don't see a problem as long as anybody comes here and claims Deniss weight is not ideal ;))

But a new hobby has entered the chat :agree: Human anatomy of all things. Deniss is really versatile!
Last summer he passed exams on anatomy and physiology at Uni so probably found the subject worth or further studies. What should help him in skating if only he doesn't analyse every moves on ice during competitions :drama:.

I hope it's something upbeat, so that it can showcase his showman side more
YES!!! Absolutely :agree:

icetug

Medalist
It's so unfortunate... He has to leave to Graz in three days. Just hope he doesn't push himself to compete injured. Wish him speedy recovery.:pray: