Deniss Vasiljevs | Page 140 | Golden Skate

Deniss Vasiljevs

icetug

Medalist
Deniss is already on ice so the FS will be a bit earlier than announced.

So we had FS, medal ceremony and gala exhibition in one. Hilarious :luv17:

DenissVFan

Medalist
He hasn't done it for years... Do you think they do them with Shoma now? (sbs ;))

Yeah, I thought about a possible Shoma link :D

Btw, I spotted Chris but I'm disappointed that we didn't get to see him in the K&C :p Or any K&C content for that matter.

icetug

Medalist
Btw, I spotted Chris but I'm disappointed that we didn't get to see him in the K&C :p Or any K&C content for that matter.

I saw Chris as well but... wasn't Anna with him as a coach? That would explain why we witnessed the shortest nationals ever :laugh:

So... Deniss on fire: 1., 2., 3. (the Candeloro spin was better in Minsk, but I don't think we can demand any more after two skates ;))

AgnesR

On the Ice
It's a pity that we can't watch a profesionally done SP. :mad: It was really fabulous! He was so relaxed and selfconfident. Here at least one jump from SP 0.22 https://www.lsm.lv/raksts/sports/zi...edus-halle-pulce-latvijas-cempionats.a341758/

This time something was different. During a warm-up before both programs, Deniss did a lot of excellent jumps.The audience enjoyed them. He showed his fans that he can do them perfectly. It might be the reason why he wasn't that stable in jumps in FP, he must have been a bit tired.

It was announced that on Sunday he has to leave for Japan for training camp, so he had to do the both programs.

It was nice to see him so close, to say some words. In life he is as sweet as on TV. :luv17:

Please chear extra loud on my behalf ;).

I'm sorry, but my vocal cords work loud only when I'm extremely angry. This time I was extremely happy. But I was clapping as loud as I could. :clapper: The others were really loudly cheering.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I saw Chris as well but... wasn't Anna with him as a coach? That would explain why we witnessed the shortest nationals ever :laugh:

So... Deniss on fire: 1., 2., 3. (the Candeloro spin was better in Minsk, but I don't think we can demand any more after two skates ;))

I don't know who Chris and Anna are. I only know Lambiel.

icetug

Medalist
During a warm-up before both programs, Deniss did a lot of excellent jumps.
I know there are skaters who did a difficult jump during competition however they couldn't have done it in training. I wish Deniss such a superpower :).

But I was clapping as loud as I could. :clapper: The others were really loudly cheering.
And that makes me happy and completely satisfied. Thank you! :thank:

Deniss was so joyful that he performed in front of domestic audience that I couldn't top smiling watching him. It was a wonderful evening.

It was announced that on Sunday he has to leave for Japan for training camp, so he had to do the both programs.
That's interesting. Usually in this time of year he was going to Japan for Christmas on Ice. This year it's been canceled, but he'll go there anyway :thumbsup:.
I wonder what does the "training camp" mean - there are Japanese Nationals next week so will Deniss just join Koshiro and Shoma in their training before Nationals or will he train separately with a different coach? Just curious ;).

icetug

Medalist
I don't know who Chris and Anna are. I only know Lambiel.

Anna and Robert are Stephane's fellow coaches at the Skating School of Switzerland. Christopher is Deniss's and Stephane's manager. You can see them all here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BdGFZcCjvqt/?igshid=1uowugnr8m7x5

Anna and Robert Dierking are listed as co-coaches to Koshiro Shimada and Matilda Algotsson. And as they have a little daughter I started to think that all that hurry at Nationals was because of Anna wanted to come back to her child as quick as possible ;).

DenissVFan

Medalist
hat's interesting. Usually in this time of year he was going to Japan for Christmas on Ice. This year it's been canceled, but he'll go there anyway :thumbsup:.
I wonder what does the "training camp" mean - there are Japanese Nationals next week so will Deniss just join Koshiro and Shoma in their training before Nationals or will he train separately with a different coach? Just curious ;).

He'll probably join Koshiro and Shoma just like Koshiro joined him before Worlds.

AgnesR

On the Ice
That's interesting. Usually in this time of year he was going to Japan for Christmas on Ice. This year it's been canceled, but he'll go there anyway :thumbsup:.

Just watched the awards ceremony video. The president of the association makes it clear that Deniss is going to Japan for a training camp on Sunday. Apparently he will use the time Stephane is in Japan, for some practice whatever kind it is. Hope that Chris will give us some bits of fresh news!

It has escaped my attention why they have cancelled Christmas on ice!:scratch2: