Deniss Vasiljevs | Page 151 | Golden Skate

Deniss Vasiljevs

DenissVFan

Medalist
I was happy to see even those 15 seconds of footage :)

As far as warhorses go, R&J is IMO one of the best. The ballet connection makes it sound like it's his long program. I guess we have to wait and see.

I'm curious about his SP. Wasn't skating to Latvian music something that was suggested at the fan meeting in Graz?

ETA: We hit 3k posts! :)

icetug

Medalist
ETA: We hit 3k posts! :)
At last ;) I mean the second thousand was achieved within 10 months and the third after almost two years... But it was Olympic season then and Deniss was great both at EC and WC so caught a lot of attention. However I noticed that this thread is the 5th most viewed threads of male (and still competing) skaters on this forum :)

DenissVFan

Medalist
Here's to many more posts and views in the future!

By the way, is it known when GP assignments are supposed to be released? I only know that Deniss is likely to be invited to IdF because it's the nearest one to Switzerland.

icetug

Medalist
Happy birthday, dear Deniss! :hb:
21 is such a beautiful age... So have a great time, keep loving what you do and be the best version of yourself.
And stay healthy to let us admire your new performances :)

DenissVFan

Medalist
Happy birthday, Deniss! :luv17: May this be a wonderful year :)

I can't believe he is already 21, how the time flies!

icetug

Medalist
Did he REALLY bake his own birthday cake then? :biggrin:

Beautiful photo!

Why I'm not surprised that he chose for his birthday the traditional Russian honey cake with caramel and vanilla cream? :laugh:

And the scenery is beautiful and Deniss looks so good... I prey the situation worldwide stabilizes and let skaters to return to their seasonal rutine...

Ladybug89

On the Ice
So guys... tomorrow I will have my first really official interview with Deniss. (After 3 Faninterviews) I am still so excited and can‘t sleep right now. I met him today already and he was in a great and relaxed mood and wondered which fan send him a very big nice red/pink flower bouquet. He had just picked it up from the Palladium when I ran into him...

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So guys... tomorrow I will have my first really official interview with Deniss. (After 3 Faninterviews) I am still so excited and can‘t sleep right now. I met him today already and he was in a great and relaxed mood and wondered which fan send him a very big nice red/pink flower bouquet. He had just picked it up from the Palladium when I ran into him...

That's so exciting. He is one skater that I want to meet. And to do an interview is beyond great.

DenissVFan

Medalist
I love Deniss' Tea or Coffee mini-interview. He seems very confident and comfortable with his English. Some of this answers are so "cerebral". :luv17:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=251&v=KKPfXlcIrAM&feature=emb_logo

I loved it, it's quintessential Deniss :)
English is his third language and yet he is able to express his often very complex ideas very well and in a very vivid way :)

How exciting! Enjoy the interview. I'm looking forward to reading it. And I'm happy to hear that Deniss was in good spirits after his birthday :)

Ladybug89

On the Ice
In the end I will have the interview tomorrow morning.. as they had a very tight training schedule today. I am not allowed to tell anything about the practice actually, but I will say that I had a very positive inpression of Deniss in generall, he seems in great shape! And I just love him and Koshiro together, they are such perfect training mates!