Deniss Vasiljevs | Page 136 | Golden Skate

Deniss Vasiljevs

icetug

Medalist
What I like about Rostelecom is the rink at Ice Palace which is of the same size as that in Champery (30x60 m). While in Kelowna the rink is smaller, 26x56 m and Deniss had problems to fit with his jumps inside the rink. I really don't want to see him making friends with boards and cameramen again ;). But instead I want to see him taking advantage from the rink size and showing huuuuuuge (and well-landed) jumps :pray:.

DenissVFan

Medalist
What I like about Rostelecom is the rink at Ice Palace which is of the same size as that in Champery (30x60 m). While in Kelowna the rink is smaller, 26x56 m and Deniss had problems to fit with his jumps inside the rink. I really don't want to see him making friends with boards and cameramen again ;). But instead I want to see him taking advantage from the rink size and showing huuuuuuge (and well-landed) jumps :pray:.

Good point!

Btw, I hope Chris goes with them to Moscow and perhaps graces us with a tweet or an IG post ;) He posts sparingly on IG but it's 80% Deniss-related – the OG fan account :agree:

icetug

Medalist
Great job. If not the problem with the 3Lz landing, would be close to perfect :clapper:
And what an elegant top :thumbsup:. Looks a bit like borrowed from Shoma ;) (I mean a design, the size is OK).

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Deniss!
The sit spin! Oh how I love his sit spins :love:

And I would love to see Shoma full time at Champéry with Stéphane and Deniss. A girl can dream:biggrin:

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
So it's official... apart from cakes, HE LOVES CHEESE :laugh2: - is that the guy from Ratatouille? What an apt plush for him :luv17:
Anyway todays performance was all about good vibes - if the landing of the Lz didn't skid, he could easily be in the podium position!!! So beautiful to see his radiant smile shine even brighter :agree: Let's hope it will carry over to FS tomorrow!!! :cheer::party2::hap10:

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
Deniss, you were amazing today!!! I like this SP more, personally. The costume is lovely and such a striking color on him. This program has so many "take a picture" moments. Everything flows really well and I forgot he was doing a list of elements, because it was delivered so seamlessly. Highlights for me included:

-the 3A immediately into the sit spin - just the way he got into the first position right away, and the super smooth transition to his trademark position. I don't always like "broken leg" sit spins, but with Deniss it looks nice still.

-how the StSeq and the last spin match the end of the music, with sharp, clear, yet still elegant movements.

-subtle transitions and subtle arm movements everywhere

-the ending pose and the conviction in Deniss's eyes. He let us see the ending pose for a few moments instead of getting out of it too quickly. Every moment I felt conviction from Deniss today.

When the jumps aren't going well, he can lose that conviction a little, but not today. :yay: Every second was gorgeous, and even the Lutz skid didn't distract me at all. Deniss was incredible today!!! He looked so comfortable out there. May he continue to feel the good vibes for the LP! :pray: He's one of four skaters who got 87 and Samarin only got 92. Podium, maybe? ;) We can dream. :yes: I LOVED THAT SP SO MUCH!!!!! :love::love::love:

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
In the K&C, Stephane told Deniss to "give, give, be generous" artistically. Stephane said it looked Deniss had a good time and that "your energy was beautiful." I :agree: with that. Deniss's energy was beautiful to witness today. I am so looking forward to tomorrow. Who would have thought Deniss would get a gigantic rat thrown on the ice, which Stephane would then use to wave goodbye to us? :laugh: With these two in the K&C, it's always adorable! :)