Deniss Vasiljevs | Page 139 | Golden Skate

Deniss Vasiljevs

DenissVFan

Medalist
Yes, and what's unusual, he will skate SP at 8p.m. and FS at 9 p.m. on 14th Dec. - so literally two programs in 64 minutes :con3:
What's even more unusual, only Chris is going to accompany him this time (however I don't think it's confirmed). But Japanese Nationals are real competition so I can understand Stephane has no time to go to Riga.

Hopefully he'll take it easy, it's not like he has any competition: http://slidas.sauc.lv/proto/2019.12.lc/CAT179EN.HTM

We've seen Chris at the board at trainings before, but I think it'll be his first Kiss&Cry ;)

AgnesR

On the Ice
OMG!! I'm so happy!:hap85: It would be cruel to his fans not to come this year! Me and my crowd are ready! Sure, if Stephane comes, I would walk on air, but Rob or Chriss will do as well. :laugh:

DenissVFan

Medalist
OMG!! I'm so happy!:hap85: It would be cruel to his fans not to come this year! Me and my crowd are ready! Sure, if Stephane comes, I would walk on air, but Rob or Chriss will do as well. :laugh:

Enjoy it then!

Is there a livestream for the rest of us?

icetug

Medalist
Hopefully he'll take it easy, it's not like he has any competition

I was hoping that some of the junior men who competed two years ago (and who I remeber as quite good) would make a competition this year. But Deniss is still the only senior men and, what's sad, there is only one junior men competing this year. And Angelina is the only senior lady taking part in the championships... The ice rink will be quite empty.

OMG!! I'm so happy!:hap85: It would be cruel to his fans not to come this year! Me and my crowd are ready!
Please chear extra loud on my behalf ;).

DenissVFan

Medalist
I was hoping that some of the junior men who competed two years ago (and who I remeber as quite good) would make a competition this year. But Deniss is still the only senior men and, what's sad, there is only one junior men competing this year. And Angelina is the only senior lady taking part in the championships... The ice rink will be quite empty.

Kims Georgs Pavlovs? I wonder what happened to him. At least there's another junior boy and quite a few junior girls.

I wonder if Latvia would ever consider joining 4 Nationals Championships. Even though Poland has way more seniors, we still participate in it. It's become quite a nice competition too.

icetug

Medalist
Kims Georgs Pavlovs? I wonder what happened to him. At least there's another junior boy and quite a few junior girls.

Kims was 180 cm at 16 so maybe he decided he was too tall to continue... Don't know. Maybe Agnes can tell us whether he retired - or maybe switched to pairs? I remember that ISU strongly encourages federations to create pairs, so who knows?

I wonder if Latvia would ever consider joining 4 Nationals Championships. Even though Poland has way more seniors, we still participate in it. It's become quite a nice competition too.

I wonder why the Baltic countries don't organize joint championships, the 3 Nationals. Deniss could have a competition at least in the Selevko brothers :)

Is there a livestream for the rest of us?
There was a livestream for the last couple of years so I hope they still keep the camera ;)

AgnesR

On the Ice
Kims was 180 cm at 16 so maybe he decided he was too tall to continue... Don't know. Maybe Agnes can tell us whether he retired - or maybe switched to pairs? I remember that ISU strongly encourages federations to create pairs, so who knows?

I'm not sure and it's just my speculation, but I think :think: Kim has seriously decided to focus on studying. He has entered Riga 1st State Gymnasium, which has a busy curriculum and really demanding requirements. He has been successful in both national and international school competitions in math, physics and robotics. I don't think it gives him the time he needs to figure skating. I guess most people don't know that Kim, like Deniss, is a brilliant student and I'd love to see them both on the ice. Deniss’ ambitions right now is skating and it makes me happy.:hap93:

icetug

Medalist
When are Latvian nationals and is there a live stream?

Championships are on the 14th and 15th of December, here is the event page, competition schedule (in Latvian) and the result/protocols page.
Two years ago there was a live stream on youtube here, I believe it's possible we get the live stream again on the same account (of Figure Skating Latvia).
I've read on Deniss' Latvian fanpage that he's going to skate only on Saturday, both SP and FS, however the official schedule gives different dates (SP on Saturday at 8.20 pm, FS on Sunday at 13.15 - it's for all single men and ladies, junior and senior; one hour is provided for all the skates). Surely the organizers could agree on a special schedule for Deniss, so we'll see :)

icetug

Medalist
Can I take two programmes on the same day? One is always enough to make me nervous :p

It's interesting experiment, both for us and for Deniss ;)
(btw, I am curious why he's in such a rush :confused:)
So, according to the schedule (the last one I hope) Deniss will perform SP at 20:10 and FS at 21:15, EET.

DenissVFan

Medalist
LOL at the timing of that stream crash... It reminds me of this year's Nebelhorn. At least instead of being very nervous, I was just frustrated :p I didn't even see most of these few seconds that Deniss was on because I was trying to rewind the stream.