Deniss Vasiljevs | Page 144 | Golden Skate

Deniss Vasiljevs

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I can't decide which SP I like better. So happy he is in the final flight. Good luck in the free. :)

DenissVFan

Medalist
Very proud of Deniss!

Considering he twisted his ankle last week, was in a collision in practice today, and apparently took a bad fall in the warm up, it was an amazing performance.

6th place is a very respectable result :)

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Very proud of Deniss!

Considering he twisted his ankle last week, was in a collision in practice today, and apparently took a bad fall in the warm up, it was an amazing performance.

6th place is a very respectable result :)

And his PCS score in the free was 2nd overall.

icetug

Medalist
I'm so relieved... In other circumstances I would be mad on these silly mistakes Deniss made both in SP and FS (which costed him a medal possibly...) ;) Seriously, how many elite skaters zayak 2T :laugh:
Good job, sunshine :agree:.
Hope Deniss is invited to the gala and hope his ankle lets him to perform.

DenissVFan

Medalist
I'm glad the men's competition is finally over, so I don't have to worry about it so much o_O After last week's uncertainty whether he'd be able to compete, the result certainly exceeded my expectations.

I wonder if his participation in two upcoming competitions means that he'll be rehearsing his other programme(s) for Worlds.

AgnesR

On the Ice
Agreed, icetug! :agree: He has to stop making silly mistakes! :laugh:

I enjoyed it very much! I suppose he is really improving! It seems that step by step he wins his "demons"! He is more relaxed and self confident! Now I believe that quads are soon coming! :hap85:

icetug

Medalist
I wonder if his participation in two upcoming competitions means that he'll be rehearsing his other programme(s) for Worlds.
It was what I thought for a while... But as his ankle still gives him so much pain I'm not sure he goes to both competitions. Anyway there is next season to perform the spare program ;)

I suppose he is really improving! It seems that step by step he wins his "demons"! He is more relaxed and self confident!
What's important, he is able to forget mistakes and keep performing on the best possible level. Jumps aside, his each and every move and element is of the top quality. It's nothing new, but there is much more confidence in his skating.

Now I believe that quads are soon coming! :hap85:
Hope so! I mean a mistake on 3T possibly confirms his intensive work on 4T.

icetug

Medalist
Deniss in his new skates

As he mentioned yesterday: when he had landed second 3A he felt his boot soft. Great he didn't plan quads after that ;)
And he's not on the Challenge Cup entry list anymore, but (also yestreday) told about the Nordics as his next competition.

DenissVFan

Medalist
The guys are memeing away in Graz :p Watch Chris's insta story, then Stephane's, and then Deniss's if you haven't already :D Glad to see them in good spirits :)

icetug

Medalist
Deniss will perform as 22nd at the gala exhibition, just after P/C and before Shcherbakova. Quite honorable place ;)