Deniss Vasiljevs | Page 146 | Golden Skate

Deniss Vasiljevs

DenissVFan

Medalist
R.I.P. the jumps (it looked like he landed many good ones today, so idk what happened, missing the first combo was unexpected), but the 3A was very nice, one of the best this season. Better here than at Euros or Worlds. Hopefully the FS will be better.

DenissVFan

Medalist
I'd say Deniss is full of surprises :laugh:. One competition he jumps everything but 3A, another one the only jump he does is 3A...
(in fact I'm a bit worried about his ankle:()

If we take the 3F-3T from Rostelecom, the 3A from today or Skate Canada, and the 3Lz from Europeans, then we have a perfect skate.

I hope it's not because of his ankle :( He landed really smooth jumps before the SP, though, so I hope it was because that first mistake rattled him.

DenissVFan

Medalist
That 3A was the saviour of the day, scoring 10.20 points :bow: Plus all level 4s with a positive GOE.

Oddly enough I'm calmer about him doing a good 3A and messing up the rest of the jumps than I would've been the other way round...

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That 3A was the saviour of the day, scoring 10.20 points :bow: Plus all level 4s with a positive GOE.

Oddly enough I'm calmer about him doing a good 3A and messing up the rest of the jumps than I would've been the other way round...

I liked that he never broke his performance after the two bad jumping passes. The 3A was perfect!!

icetug

Medalist
82.65 TES is something we haven't seen since 2018 WC :clap: And 85.28 PCS we have never seen :)
Great performance and great smiles from both a student and a coach :agree:

DenissVFan

Medalist
A clean skate! Yesss! His best FS since Milano Worlds. Now if we could have a repeat of this and the SP score from Rostelecom at Worlds... ;) Yesterday does seem to have been a fluke indeed. And 3 out of 3 triple axels were landed this weekend :)

Congratulations to the 2020 Nordics Champion!

Ladybug89

On the Ice
https://www.instagram.com/p/B8hC0DNoJo1/?igshid=1anynfrz8e81j

Uploaded my last Nordics pictures.
Hope you‘ll like them.

I was pretty doubtful before going to Stavanger if the effort would be worth it.
(It wasn‘t really difficult for me as I had a direct flight from Amsterdam but not too cheap...)
... but it most definitley was!
After the Cup of Tyrol last season I got even more convinced that these small events are the most fun and relaxed ones. Totally recommended to every fan.
🥰
His Freeskate was just amazing and I didn‘t even feel the tension I usually feel ahead of every jumping element. It was just a delight to watch!!

Deniss and Stéph were really relaxed and in a fun mood!

Our personal highlight was - next to Deniss super amazing FS of course - that Deniss gave his winning flowers to my friend as a birthdaypresent ❤️

DenissVFan

Medalist
Great to hear that you had a good time! Thank you for all the content :) Deniss indeed looked really confident during the FS.

Our personal highlight was - next to Deniss super amazing FS of course - that Deniss gave his winning flowers to my friend as a birthdaypresent ❤️

Sweet!