Deniss Vasiljevs | Page 147 | Golden Skate

Deniss Vasiljevs

DenissVFan

Medalist
Looks like the whole Champery team will be there. :luv17:

Technically not the whole team but it'll be amazing to see the four of them there :)

Speaking of Team Champery, I've come across this wonderful piece by an artist on Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/rea68032660/status/1230514828407693313

Since SOI is pretty early in the off-season, it probably means that we may get to see this year's SPs again (which I'd be really happy about since I really love both of them). But, who knows, maybe we'll get to see that mysterious programme, which would also be great, as I'm intrigued by it :) I think what Deniss said about that programme at the Euros fan meeting suggests that it's more upbeat, which I'm really excited about.

DenissVFan

Medalist
In the ISU bio Deniss is 176 cm now. Is it new or is my memory like Swiss cheese, full of holes?

I think it's been 176 cm in the ISU bio since the beginning of the season but he stated 175 cm in that interview at Latvian nationals, so who knows :p Koshiro's ISU bio claims he's 175 cm but here it looks like he's already outgrown Deniss: https://www.instagram.com/p/B8ezxEip8oe/?igshid=69racxt4v7rb

How tall was Deniss in 2016? He's grown a lot since then. I think he was 172 cm at the Olympics.

icetug

Medalist
I think it's been 176 cm in the ISU bio since the beginning of the season but he stated 175 cm in that interview at Latvian nationals, so who knows :p Koshiro's ISU bio claims he's 175 cm but here it looks like he's already outgrown Deniss: https://www.instagram.com/p/B8ezxEip8oe/?igshid=69racxt4v7rb

How tall was Deniss in 2016? He's grown a lot since then. I think he was 172 cm at the Olympics.

OK, I came back to posts from September and in fact it was 176 cm... and it means that I was fixed on Stephane's official bio as I used to compare their height.

For the 2015/16 and 2016/17 seasons the bios state he was 169. For two subsequent seasons - 172 cm. He was growing mostly in 2014/2015 season, from 158 to 169 cm.

DenissVFan

Medalist
OK, I came back to posts from September and in fact it was 176 cm... and it means that I was fixed on Stephane's official bio as I used to compare their height.

For the 2015/16 and 2016/17 seasons the bios state he was 169. For two subsequent seasons - 172 cm. He was growing mostly in 2014/2015 season, from 158 to 169 cm.

Indeed, you posted it yourself, I checked it too :) One thing is certain, the Deniss spin looks more impressive with longer legs!

Btw, rereading the posts from Nepela (and before and after) was a whole trip :p haha (Is he skating to Bloodstream? Wait, is he skating to TMIL after all? What's happening?How is he going to pull off 2 SP? Is the 3A back to the land of the living? What about 3-3s? The costumes? Improvising jumps? The hair? Bechamel sauce?) Well, at least we have some answers now :) If only we could show the FS from the Nordics to our September selves.

One day I must revisit the posts from Latvian nationals :p

icetug

Medalist
New haircuts – from Stephane's insta story: https://twitter.com/FSIgstories/status/1233801503707717637?s=19

I'm still waiting for Pantene to sponsor Deniss :p

So Deniss finally gave up on styling his hair ;). A sponsorship from Pantene/L'Oreal/Schwarzkopf/Natura Siberica maybe could encourage him to have a bit more sophisticated hairdo :scratch2: but does he actually need it?

I wonder if having a haircut last Saturday means they are going to leave to Canada this weekend? Shoma used to go to championships (while on other continent) much earlier than Deniss, so it's interesting how Stephane manages these two this time :think:.

DenissVFan

Medalist
So Deniss finally gave up on styling his hair ;). A sponsorship from Pantene/L'Oreal/Schwarzkopf/Natura Siberica maybe could encourage him to have a bit more sophisticated hairdo :scratch2: but does he actually need it?

To me his hair these days his hair looks both the same and different from competition to competition (and even at different points of the same competition). Here's hoping for good hair days in Canada ;) I actually think Deniss would look good with some highlights – maybe Shoma could take him to his hair stylist ;) Just as long as he doesn't cut his hair short and dye it platinum blond at the same time as Stephane once did :p But I think Deniss could really pull off a hair product commercial :)

I wonder if having a haircut last Saturday means they are going to leave to Canada this weekend? Shoma used to go to championships (while on other continent) much earlier than Deniss, so it's interesting how Stephane manages these two this time :think:.

That may also depend on Stephane's other students who aren't going to Worlds.

I can't believe Worlds are so soon :O I still need to figure out whether I'll be able to watch the competition live and first of all whether I actually want to because of the inevitable stress. An eternal struggle :p

icetug

Medalist
I can't believe Worlds are so soon :O I still need to figure out whether I'll be able to watch the competition live and first of all whether I actually want to because of the inevitable stress. An eternal struggle :p

As one of the deepest trauma I remember OG: I decided to skip the beginning of the competition and wake up for Deniss' performance. So I woke up in the middle of the night just to realize Denis Ten hadn't qualified for FS. And then Deniss fell on 3A... and I was scared to death watching the remainder of his performance and waiting for the scoring, wondering whether he would qualify or not :drama:. And last year's WC recalled that feeling... BUT that doesn't mean I am not going to watch Worlds live, even though free skating is scheduled in the middle of the night again. I can't be sure Deniss' performance will be available anywhere as ISU saved stream often gets restriction for men's competition.

DenissVFan

Medalist
As one of the deepest trauma I remember OG: I decided to skip the beginning of the competition and wake up for Deniss' performance. So I woke up in the middle of the night just to realize Denis Ten hadn't qualified for FS. And then Deniss fell on 3A... and I was scared to death watching the remainder of his performance and waiting for the scoring, wondering whether he would qualify or not :drama:. And last year's WC recalled that feeling... BUT that doesn't mean I am not going to watch Worlds live, even though free skating is scheduled in the middle of the night again. I can't be sure Deniss' performance will be available anywhere as ISU saved stream often gets restriction for men's competition.

I can only imagine! I didn't watch the Olympics live because I didn't think I could handle the time difference, so I missed all the suspense, but checking the results was the first thing I did in the morning after each segment of the competition.

I also didn't watch last year's Worlds live because of some inflexible professional obligations and when I saw the results of the SP, I was too sad to watch Deniss's performance and I told myself that I would watch it after the following season (well, that time is fast approaching, so I'll have to face it soon, but I think I'm ready now :) )

Some of Deniss's best performances that I didn't watch live include the SP from this season's Skate Canada and the SP from the 2018 Euros. I kind of regret that (tbf, I think I was unable to watch the latter, it wasn't just that I chickened out), but then checking the results first thing in the morning or during a particularly busy day has its appeal too. I have a mental chart of the pros and cons of watching and not watching live :p

Some performances I'm REALLY happy I watched live: the SP from this year's Rostelecom (everything about it was so good: the skating, score, K&C, plushie...) I didn't even care that I was late to wherever I was supposed to be then because of it :) Then the FS at the 2018 Europeans and Worlds (I'm not 100% certain that I watched the latter, but I think so...)

I watched this year's Euros live despite being really stressed – especially before the FS (because of the injury, collision, and the fall in the warm-up). If a random person had seen how stressed I was, they wouldn't have believed I was watching it for fun and voluntarily :)

icetug

Medalist
What a beautiful pie! I want a piece. :)

It's not only beautiful, it's the most dietetic pie I've ever seen ;) - only apples on top. So I want a piece too :thumbsup:.

Is it a farewell pie before departing for Montreal? Time to pack their travel bags...

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can I please be the first customer when Deniss opens his cafe (or patisserie)! :pray:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Who knows, maybe Stephane will even serve a piece of D's pie to you ;)

He could hire Stephane, Koshiro, and Shoma as his waiters. I would imagine that cafe would do a fantastic business...Seriously though, I am amazed at the beautiful cakes and things he has made. He has to have incredible patience to do some of the decorating! I know I could never do it!

DenissVFan

Medalist
He could hire Stephane, Koshiro, and Shoma as his waiters. I would imagine that cafe would do a fantastic business...Seriously though, I am amazed at the beautiful cakes and things he has made. He has to have incredible patience to do some of the decorating! I know I could never do it!

The soul of an artist :)