Deniss Vasiljevs | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Deniss Vasiljevs

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
I count on him to bounce back with a vengeance in Boston!!! I mean there won't be much pressure on his shoulder, all he has to do is to qualify for the FS, that shouldn't be a problem for him. I hope his charm and charisma will infect the world wide audience there!! :hap10::cheer::party:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I had a feeling he wouldn't medal because there were several men who could outscore him technically, but I still expected him to place a bit higher...:( Still, he's just 16 and has a very bright future regardless. I hope they invite him to the gala at least!

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
There is a fanfest for Latvian skaters and if I remember correctly, someone said that they are all ethnically Russian.

Why would Angelina want to compete for Poland? :confused: Latvia has far better skating conditions for such a small fed.
Seems that I was that someone, but l did not say that all Latvian skaters are ethnically Russian, just that most of them are.

As fot Angelina, I too wonder why would she need to represent Poland. We don't know yet if Nikitina will have better results in Seniors than her, and other Latvian female skaters are far from their level.

MGstyle

Medalist
Not sure if personal "advertising" is allowed on this forum (if so please just remove this post), but this is more like an invitation, anyone who is on Facebook I made up this page for him two days ago, have a visit when you have a Deniss craving :luv17:

Deniss Vasiljevs - Latvian Hotstepper
https://www.facebook.com/LatDeniRockz/?pnref=story

MGstyle

Medalist
^ Very nice!

I have wonderful news! Goodness knows I needed some after so much sadness...:)

Deniss was invited to be part of Stephane Lambiel's Ice Legends show next month! :yes2: I have always said he's like a mini-Lambiel, so I guess Stephane knows talent when sees it ;)

https://twitter.com/TheIceLegends/status/711257032301678592

I just found out and am sooooo excited for him!!!! Definitely Stèphane (who happens to be one of my all time favourites) knows when he sees an extraordinary talent!!!! Too bad this is too short of a notice, I don't think I can make it this time but hopefully he will be a regular of this show, then I will be ready and won't miss the next occasion!!! This news so made my day!!!! :hap93::hap57::dance::peace:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
The youngest man competing at Worlds and his coach (the last slide, #6, if the link doesn't take you there directly):

http://web.icenetwork.com/photos/?image_id=6

Jackie Wong's practice notes from today: Vasiljevs: 2A, 3Lz3T<, 2A, SP runthru (skated thru A, 3Lz2T, skated thru F), 3A(ur,fall)

I'm going to just assume he's conserving his energy for now ;)

Last edited:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The youngest man competing at Worlds and his coach (the last slide, #6, if the link doesn't take you there directly):

http://web.icenetwork.com/photos/?image_id=6

Jackie Wong's practice notes from today: Vasiljevs: 2A, 3Lz3T<, 2A, SP runthru (skated thru A, 3Lz2T, skated thru F), 3A(ur,fall)

I'm going to just assume he's conserving his energy for now ;)

Yes, he's conserving his energy cause he wasn't there. At least at TD Garden there was 5 men on the ice, Chan, Nam, Michal, Lee and Pavlov. I sat through that entire group and I'm 100% positive Wong got him confused with Pavlov :scratch2: Cause I would have taken pictures if he was there. I was looking for Urmanov near the boards and figured they skipped :shrug: I sat right over the K&C.

ETA: I guess Jackie is reporting from the practice and main rink (lucky :drama:). Sweet, at least Deniss was able to practice today! Hope he's at the main rink tomorrow :agree:

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
^ Please share any pics you take! Both Deniss and/or Urmanov pics would be nice ;) Yes, I hope he'll go to both practices tomorrow.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ Please share any pics you take! Both Deniss and/or Urmanov pics would be nice ;) Yes, I hope he'll go to both practices tomorrow.

Okay. As long as you don't mind waiting. I have no computer in Boston :sad21:

MGstyle

Medalist
IMO they should have waited to publish this until after WC in order to draw as much attention as possible, right now all the skating fans are way too concentrated on what's happening in Boston... it needs to be repushed next week, definitely. I will contribute whatever tiny that I can, every penny counts...

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Well, after reading Jackie Wong's scary practice reports from the past couple days I just didn't want to get my hopes up, but the kid totally delivered! I really didn't think he could crack the top 10 with so many strong seniors here...but he did! :hap36: You just never know. No matter how the FS goes, I'm sure he will always at least remember this performance fondly.

https://twitter.com/ISU_Figure/status/715327983909801986

"Best place I've ever skated. It's better than all my medals I got when I was younger." :luv17:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Just watched Deniss, that was awesome! :yahoo: I'm glad the crowd apreaciated his showmanship! :hap10: