Ekaterina Borisova & Dmitry Sopot | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ekaterina Borisova & Dmitry Sopot

adelia

Record Breaker
I just love these two! Their pairs elements are :jaw:
She needs a 3T. But they have a bit of time because the boy is still young as well. And it's certainly not a strength or physique issue with her because it's clear from their throws how strong she is.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Kati/Dima are only 2nd after SP at the Youth Olympics but they are only about 1 point behind Duskova/Bidar.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I think second for now is a fine result for them here- their score was quite good and I do think they have a chance to move up in the free :)

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Interview with Dmitry's mother and pics of baby Dima.
http://tverigrad.ru/publication/natalya-sopot-v-tveri-dime-privili-dukh-chempiona

Natalia Sopot "In Tver Dima instilled the spirit of a champion"

February 15 Tver skater Dmitry Sopot in pair with Ekaterina Borisova won gold 2 Winter Youth Olympic Games, held in Lillehammer, Norway.

In Tver, for Dmitri Sopot kept his fists his family, friends and teachers. His impressions of this historic victory with the portal Tverigrad.ru shared mother skater Natalia Sopot .

- Natalya, congratulations!

- Thank You. Of course, we are happy and excited for her son. Dima really wanted to win the Olympics and achieved his goal!

- You somehow managed to monitor its performance, because at this time there was no broadcasts from the Youth Olympic Games either on TV or the Internet?

- Yes, it is, and this time was left without family support. Thanks to our girls singles skater of the Russian national figure skating. They videotaped the performance of our pairs in real time through a periscope an application in one of the social networks. Let the quality was not very good, but all the same we saw Dima rental and Katie on the Olympic ice and short, and with any program.

- And your impression?

- At this time, of course, they were better than the championship of Russia, but a little worse than the Grand Prix finals. In Barcelona, ​​the guys looked more confident. And now, we have done a number of some minor bugs.

- After the short program when Katya and Dima took second place, you are hoping that they eventually take the Olympic gold medal?

- No. For me and the silver of the Games would be happiness. They already jumped higher than his head. Kate appeared in Lillehammer with a serious injury. On the eve of training she fell and hurt his leg again, which suffered the entire previous season. I have a general concern was that they would not be able to skate "proizvolku". But Katya - a real fighter. On injections for pain medications, she now done all that was required for 200 percent.

- Today, Dima and showed himself a true leader, a real man.

- It is still so in Tver brought up that there is only one place - the first. So he always beats for only for the victory until the last. We must say a big thanks to his first coach Anna Vladimirovna Mikhailovna, it is instilled in him a champion's spirit.

- Dima started in Tver SDYUSSHOR figure skating to four years?

- Even before. When he was three and a half years, I took him in "Jubilee" Sports Palace. And the ten years he was engaged in his hometown. And four years ago, I went to Perm, where he was asked to pursue a career in figure skating.

- Why he went to Perm? Is Tver was no longer any prospects for further progress and development?

- We work in Tver wonderful children's figure skating coach. But cultivated only a single and synchronized skating. And as practice shows, all what can be achieved in our city is to get the title of master of sports of figure skating. Dima 13 years has reached its ceiling in Tver. And, perhaps, if it were not an offer to move to the Perm school and try their hand at figure skating, he would have finished the career.

- Now Dima 17 years. Admit it, when he made his first steps on the ice, you think he will be an Olympic champion, the path is on the Youth Olympic Games?

- Do not even dreamed of. We did not look that far. We lived from digit to digit. About something serious in terms of sports began to think only when Dima moved to Perm. The local school is now working very talented and ambitious coaching staff that puts in front of their pupils the highest goals.

- After the Olympics in Norway Dima look into Tver visit relatives?

- Probably not. Immediately after the Lillehammer begin training cycle for the world championship among juniors, which will start in just a couple of weeks. Now for a couple of their main task - to minimize the effects of trauma and Katie maintain the physical shape, which they scored. But after the world championship will be possible to relax a little and stay in his native Tver. To be honest, we Dima greatly missed.

- He called you from Lillehammer?

- Of course! Immediately after rolling any program. Complained that not without corrections. But, of course, was, as we do, in the euphoria of victory and even cried, "Mom, we did it! Mom, we won! ".

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Backstage interview including hugs from Duskova/Bidar and Tsurskaya
http://youtu.be/dpXvMbw27Jg

Interview
http://fsrussia.ru/news/1852-ekaterina-borisova-dmitrij-sopot-neperedavaemye-oshchushcheniya.html

Russian figure skaters winners of the Junior Grand Prix Final Yekaterina Borisova - Dmitry Sopot became champions of the Winter Youth Olympic Games in Norway.

"Indescribable feelings! Euphoria! Is this gold! We went here just for that! But the rental is still dissatisfied - were mistakes. Yes, assessments were enough to climb on a pedestal. But here's the point - it's not quite what we expected from him, "- shared his impressions Dmitry Sopot.

Now the athletes, as well as at the Olympic Games in Sochi, will team tournament. However, it will be a different scenario. In Norway, the team will consist of athletes from different countries. This competition for the first time included in the program of the Winter Youth Games.

"It will be very interesting! - Borisov said. - We're very mindful of how our guys played at the Olympics in Sochi. "

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Did anyone notice that Elizabet Tursynbaeva commented on Kati's Yuna Kim post? Can anyone translate their conversation?

This team really impressed me. The skate at a very high level and kept me interested every time I saw them skate. Good luck in the future to these two!

Just do like me. Open the google translate, copy text and put it in! Here you go:

elizabeth tursynbaeva Damn damn damn, when you met her ?! I want her sfotkatsya ( :scratch2: )
borisova_kati @ elizabet_tursynbaeva ahaahaaa it was yesterday :) but today like in the ice was

The Finn

Record Breaker
In training, Kate jumps triple toe loop, but need stability. Dima has two triple jumps. But the meaning of the triple insert in the program was not here at the World Cup. In such sorevnvoaniyah we need stability and we decided to leave everything as we went through the season. But plans to change the program for the next two years, to make new ones, and to insert a triple, execute it consistently.
http://www.fsrussia.ru/news/2005-pa...pryzhka-borotsya-za-zoloto-budet-slozhno.html

A new interview.
http://www.fsrussia.ru/intervyu/200...lo-derzhat-formu-ves-sezon-no-eto-i-opyt.html

tulosai

Record Breaker
Overall I think they can be proud of how they did here. It;s obviously not what they (or we) hoped for since it wasn't their best, but there's always next year and I do think these two have a promising future if she can indeed stabilize the triple toe.