Ekaterina Borisova & Dmitry Sopot | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ekaterina Borisova & Dmitry Sopot

The Finn

Record Breaker
According to rumors Borisova is currently skating with Maksim Selkin but they haven't officially teamed up yet. Selkin would be a good partner for her but I am not sure she would be the best option for him. He could find a partner with better jumps if he would be willing to move to Moscow or to Saint Petersburg.

hanca

Record Breaker
According to rumors Borisova is currently skating with Maksim Selkin but they haven't officially teamed up yet. Selkin would be a good partner for her but I am not sure she would be the best option for him. He could find a partner with better jumps if he would be willing to move to Moscow or to Saint Petersburg.

Well, at the moment she is the more accomplished partner than he is.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Well, at the moment she is the more accomplished partner than he is.

Yes but honestly unless she can get at least a triple toe she has no real future in Senior pairs, no matter her previous record or how great she is at performing or at pairs elements (and she is just great at both those things). With the right partner he could probably at least get out of Russia and go to some international competitions. Without at least a triple toe she'll never get out of Russia as a senior, I'm sorry. And I say this as someone who REALLY likes her and was a huge fan of her and Sopot.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Someone just posted her IcePartnerSearch page that just went up yesterday or at least last updated yesterday :scratch2:
http://icepartnersearch.com/showbio.php?i=5916

ETA: Didn't know she had a reliable 3t, according to her profile she does :scratch2:
And she didn't list her Gold at the Junior Olympics :drama::laugh:

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Someone just posted her IcePartnerSearch page that just went up yesterday or at least last updated yesterday :scratch2:

ETA: Didn't know she had a reliable 3t, according to her profile she does :scratch2:

I'll believe she has a reliable 3T when I see it. She's never hit one in competition, not even a UR one, and quite honestly, if she actually had one, I doubt Sopot would have dumped her given their success at the junior level and other stellar elements. No one would be happier than me to be proven wrong though.

hanca

Record Breaker
Yeah, right, because he couldn't dumped her for any other reason...like that he wanted to skate with his girlfriend...
I don't think their succes would held Borisova/Sopot together, because it didn't held together Ilynikh/Katsalapov, and Moscovic with his expartner, and one would say they had more success than one very good year (and one not that great) at the junior level.

The Finn

Record Breaker

Someone said that she has removed her info on Russian partner search. Maybe she is more interested in foreign partners now. The thing with Selkin might be just a temporary thing while they both look for other partners.

The Finn

Record Breaker
I'll believe she has a reliable 3T when I see it. She's never hit one in competition, not even a UR one, and quite honestly, if she actually had one, I doubt Sopot would have dumped her given their success at the junior level and other stellar elements. No one would be happier than me to be proven wrong though.

Yeah, her jumping was really bad this season but I recall that before her problems started she and her coach had said that in summer she had spent many weeks in Moscow learning 3T and at the time her 3T was pretty stable.

hanca

Record Breaker
Someone said that she has removed her info on Russian partner search. Maybe she is more interested in foreign partners now. The thing with Selkin might be just a temporary thing while they both look for other partners.

The question is whether Russian federation will be willing to release her, or whether they will let her wait for it for 3-4 years. After they released Iliuschetchkina who they believed was not able to jump, and now she is 3rd at 4CC and 6th at worlds. And more recently, after they released Katia Alexandrovskaya, who they believed had no potential because until then achieved her best score 121.62. Now, within a year, she is scoring 164.10 and is junior world champion, beating the best current junior pairs.

hanca

Record Breaker

I don't think so. If she wanted to retire, she wouldn't have put herself on icepartnersearch. I think in the article there is that she retired because they couldn't really put a positive spin on Sopot leaving Katia after she struggled one season because of combination of illness and puberty and he wanted to skate with his girlfriend, so it was easier to write that Poluyanova and Sopot paired up because Katia retired.
Recently Katia was in Canada, so I wonder if she had a try out.

Jana

On the Ice
I don't think so. If she wanted to retire, she wouldn't have put herself on icepartnersearch. I think in the article there is that she retired because they couldn't really put a positive spin on Sopot leaving Katia after she struggled one season because of combination of illness and puberty and he wanted to skate with his girlfriend, so it was easier to write that Poluyanova and Sopot paired up because Katia retired.
Recently Katia was in Canada, so I wonder if she had a try out.
Something new? I see a lot of changes in Russian junior pairs, but I do not see Katia anymore. Has she find a partner?