Ekaterina Borisova & Dmitry Sopot | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Ekaterina Borisova & Dmitry Sopot

The Finn

Record Breaker
Something new? I see a lot of changes in Russian junior pairs, but I do not see Katia anymore. Has she find a partner?

Based on this new interview of Sliusarenko, Katia is still retired.

Dima Sopot began to ride with Nastya Poluyanova, because Katya Borisova finished for health reasons. Unfortunately, the illness she suffered a year ago, affected the entire season and did not give the athlete the opportunity to continue his sports career.
http://fsrussia.ru/news/3150-pavel-slyusarenko-my-dvigaemsya-v-pravilnom-napravlenii.html

hanca

Record Breaker

I wouldn’t trust much that interview. If she wanted to be retired, she wouldn’t post her profile on icepartnersearch, and she wouldn’t have a try out at Vasiliev’s and in Canada. I think the interview said that she retired because they wanted to give some reason why Sopot’s partnership broke down. It wouldn’t sound very good if they wrote that the partnership was very successful one year (1st at JGPF and 3rd at junior worlds), but then she had a serious illness and missed a lot of training time and therefore the following season she struggled. And after this season he or his coaches decided to dump her. Doesn’t sound that great, does it? That wouldn’t make Poluyanova/Sopot very popular.

Lana05

Final Flight
It says that she doesn't have triples and 50/50 even 2A. Because of her ingury she couldn't progress(learn triples) and it was't clear if she will even continue to compite, so Sopot decided to try with Poluianova (plus they were always a pair in real life) and waste his time. It is normal to try skatying whith someone else and looking for the best for yourself, nothing bad or selfish. In juniors it's more common because girls and boys are growing and can't control their emotions.

hanca

Record Breaker
It says that she doesn't have triples and 50/50 even 2A. Because of her ingury she couldn't progress(learn triples) and it was't clear if she will even continue to compite, so Sopot decided to try with Poluianova (plus they were always a pair in real life) and waste his time. It is normal to try skatying whith someone else and looking for the best for yourself, nothing bad or selfish. In juniors it's more common because girls and boys are growing and can't control their emotions.
I understand the reason why he changed a partner, but I didn’t like the timing (she was trying to overcome an illness, which is not her fault) and I didn’t like that they are saying as a reason for the breakdown that she retired when she clearly doesn’t intend to retire. And that she doesn’t have triples - well, Panfilova doesn’t have them either. Should we expect them to take her partner away and give him to someone else?

The Finn

Record Breaker

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Thank you Gordana for the interview link. I found it very informative & enjoyable. I’m always amazed at how mature and wise beyond their years the Russian skaters appear. It’s all very well considered and thought true. It’s good to see that she is enjoying life and seems to be well paid for her work. I always worry for these junior skaters that give up a lot of their life for success in sports that is far from guaranteed. Good to hear that her health worries are behind her. I just went on to her Instagram account and she has tonnes of photos from the Caribbean, it looks great.

I really enjoyed this couple, strong and powerful skating but, as with most Perm couples, there was issues with the SBS jumps. One of my favourite routines is their ‘Ninja’ short. I thought one of the factors in their split was that he wanted to skate with girlfriend, Poulianova. He is also skating on cruise ships at the moment, maybe on the same ship?