Anna Duskova & Martin Bidar | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Anna Duskova & Martin Bidar

hanca

Record Breaker
Would you just stop picking on Martin in (partly, but still) his own fanfest? If you've got insider info, that's OK; but last I heard, he moved out of Anna's parents' house and cited their and the coaches' meddling, and Anna's family sending a letter of the split to the fed. That's not how I define partner dumping. FWIW, Martin sounds much more committed to serious competing than Anna who's made it clear that her preference are her university studies and refuses to move out of the CZ to achieve better results. I was a big fan of this partnership, but now my sympathies are mainly with Martin for prioritizing skating and trying hard to make it to the elite world stage (because once Brezina retires, who of the Czech skaters can make it to the GP, hmm?), and I don't appreciate your implications about him.
I am sorry but giving your partner an ultimatum that she has to move to another country while she is the final year of her school which includes the final exams, I think it is pretty clear who is the cause of the split up. And how much he is committed to his skating career, well, time will show. With Anna they were on the rise. At the moment I am not seeing anything that would prove that his gamble has paid off.

hanca

Record Breaker
Petr Bidar - he competed in Pairs with Klara Kadlecova. Then they split, Petr was trying to find a new partner but did not succeed so he retired.

You forgot to add, Petr Bidar publicaly said that Klara got too fat and that he needs some lighter partner. He found a lighter partner, and they never competed.

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
I am sorry but giving your partner an ultimatum that she has to move to another country while she is the final year of her school which includes the final exams,

That is not how I remember the account. Did he not say Anna told him she wanted to graduate and then attend a university in the CZ? To my understanding, it was not about her final year, but about her long-time plans, which didn't include training abroad any time soon. Not in her final year, and not later on. He sounded like he'd have been willing to wait that one year, but her future plans made it impossible for them to reach a compromise. It's understandable if Anna realized at some point that she wasn't comfortable being torn between the CZ and Canada, but it is not a reason to accuse Martin of being the initiator of the split and 'dumping' his partner. There's nothing wrong with trying to find the best training environment possible if an athlete feels the conditions in the CZ aren't sufficient to keep up with the top pairs. It's a gamble, but for some it works.

hanca

Record Breaker
That is not how I remember the account. Did he not say Anna told him she wanted to graduate and then attend a university in the CZ? To my understanding, it was not about her final year, but about her long-time plans, which didn't include training abroad any time soon. Not in her final year, and not later on. He sounded like he'd have been willing to wait that one year, but her future plans made it impossible for them to reach a compromise. It's understandable if Anna realized at some point that she wasn't comfortable being torn between the CZ and Canada, but it is not a reason to accuse Martin of being the initiator of the split and 'dumping' his partner. There's nothing wrong with trying to find the best training environment possible if an athlete feels the conditions in the CZ aren't sufficient to keep up with the top pairs. It's a gamble, but for some it works.
She told him she wants to study medicine, but they didn’t discuss whether she would postpone her course, or whether she would be willing to study uni abroad. There are universities abroad, you know? And she wouldn’t be the first skater who continues skating while studying at uni. He wanted her to go now, this current year, which is the year of her final exams.

surimi

Record Breaker
She told him she wants to study medicine, but they didn’t discuss whether she would postpone her course, or whether she would be willing to study uni abroad. There are universities abroad, you know? And she wouldn’t be the first skater who continues skating while studying at uni. He wanted her to go now, this current year, which is the year of her final exams.

Your sarcasm is neither necessary nor welcome. Can you point me to the source which says he wanted to split from her right away, and that the studying abroad discussion was never on the table? This is not what I recall from the thread about the split, nor is it in the interviews I've read.

hanca

Record Breaker
Your sarcasm is neither necessary nor welcome. Can you point me to the source which says he wanted to split from her right away, and that the studying abroad discussion was never on the table? This is not what I recall from the thread about the split, nor is it in the interviews I've read.
Well, maybe if you don’t use the ‘selective reading technique’, you will have the same info as everyone else. Can you point me to the source where it says that he was willing to wait for a year for her to finish secondary education? I don’t recall reading anything about what you are suggesting. His interview was pretty clear, he wants to go abroad and she can’t because she is in her last year of grammar school. In the Czech republic, she can’t just stop going to school. She is expected to actually be there, otherwise she won’t finish the grammar school.

surimi

Record Breaker
Well, maybe if you don’t use the ‘selective reading technique’, you will have the same info as everyone else. Can you point me to the source where it says that he was willing to wait for a year for her to finish secondary education? I don’t recall reading anything about what you are suggesting. His interview was pretty clear, he wants to go abroad and she can’t because she is in her last year of grammar school. In the Czech republic, she can’t just stop going to school. She is expected to actually be there, otherwise she won’t finish the grammar school.

I posted an honest question, but if I can receive no factual information but more personal invectives, I'm done with this discussion.
If anyone else than this user can point me to an interview which says Martin wasn't willing to wait a year for Anna, feel free to educate me; I am not averse to changing my opinion.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

And for Anna & Radek, go to https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?64549

Anna and Radek's thread is already in the Pairs Sub-Forum, but is on the second page because it has been a while since the last post.

Incidentally, the reason Hanna and Martin's thread is still in the General Forum is because there are a few technical problems with the thread that need to be sorted. (I'm sure you can see for yourself what they are!) And that is why Martin's Singles post is still acting as the first post of that thread, rather than back in this thread like Anna's Singles post.

Once the technical problems are sorted, the thread will be re-titled and moved into the Pairs Forum. I had hoped to get it all done before the Bavarian Open and Four Continents, but didn't quite manage it because there were a lot of things that needed to get done for the Predictions Games that took priority.

CaroLiza_fan

Jana

On the Ice
I have two names in my head for Anna's future partner - Radek Jakubka (age 17 - one year younger than Anna) currently competing with Edita Hornakova at Junior level or Jiri Belohradsky (age 19 - one year older then Anna) competing in singles but he does Pairs at Novice level in 2014-2015 season. But it might be some one else...

Jiri Belohradsky seems to be a good alternative but - besides the dissapointing performance at EC - he is really promising as a single skater so I don't think he would switch to pairs. Anyway, fingers crossed for Anna to make the best choice.

My guess about Jiri Belohradsky we not as bad. According to Czech Fed Tomas Verver (Jiri's coach) said that Jiri is having some discussions with a partner from Russia whois dad is going to work in CZ.

It looks like that Jiri wants to switch from singles (maybe because of 3A and quads ?)

Also, Petr Kotlarik ended his career in singles and wants to switch to pairs.

So it looks like up to 4 Czech pairs at Junior/Senior level if they find partners.

icetug

Medalist
My guess about Jiri Belohradsky we not as bad. According to Czech Fed Tomas Verver (Jiri's coach) said that Jiri is having some discussions with a partner from Russia whois dad is going to work in CZ.

It looks like that Jiri wants to switch from singles (maybe because of 3A and quads ?)

My daughter will be devastated (and jealous) as she fell in love with him at JGP two years ago ;)

Certainly, if he has problems with difficult jumps, switching is a reasonable move. He will rule in pairs with 3Lz and 3F :) (I bet the Russian lady jumps both).

hanca

Record Breaker

Also, Petr Kotlarik ended his career in singles and wants to switch to pairs.

So it looks like up to 4 Czech pairs at Junior/Senior level if they find partners.

Well, Russia has plenty of pair ladies they can spare. And they have triples! I guess the best would be for the guys to speak to Nina Mozer, because she seems to be a very good matchmaker. (She handed out one girls to Australia, another to Czechia-if Zhuk is released, I am sure she will have many more to give out.)