Anna Duskova & Martin Bidar | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Anna Duskova & Martin Bidar

Jana

On the Ice
They are amazing! Those programs were amazing. No problems with landing by Anna. It is a bit strange that Martin made mistakes in the jumps. He was working on the solo jumps while Anna was injured. However, according to the coach he changed a little his figure - less fat and more muscles.

Some comments to their FS - At the beginning of the season (Olympics qualification) many people have said they deserve something better (perhaps more mature?). But I think it is a great program - funny and fresh. I don't know how much they practised the FS because nobody believed them that they will be advanced to FS.
And the points? Only 0.11 less then at Europeas in Ostrava! Does it need a comment?! I didn't expect tahte the program will stay the same as in Obersdorf, I expected it to make a bit easier.
The only changes from Obersdorf are:
3FTh -> 3LzTh (no change in the points, both have 5.50 base value)
1S+2T+1T (it should be 3S+2T+2T I think) -> 3S+2T
FCCoSp4 -> only level 2

But they improved the death spiral from level 2 to level 4.

The injury may have prevented their improvement, but they are back and that is the main thing.

Great job, Anna and Martin!

s_parks

Record Breaker
I am so happy and impressed at how they skated. The lp- I don't love it, but the program itself isn't that bad, just don't like the costumes, lol. Wishing them the best at worlds.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Their SP today was a pleasure to watch. Not only PB (better than before Anna's operation), but it was just nice, thats the word. Nice :love:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
And today they managed to get from 13th to 11th place. Their tech score is pretty high, with more experience I believe even PCS will be better. And Anna is really cute.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I'm really happy about their competition. They could have scored higher if they hadn't lost some levels here and there, but they landed their SBS jumps, with seemed to be eluding them for the better part of the last seasons, so I'm happy.

Jana

On the Ice

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
What do you think about the costume change? When I saw Martin during the warm-up I wasn't sure if he is dressed. But he forgets his T-shirt in Prague. (an article here, in Chzech, but am so sorry, I don't have time to translate it for you :( https://sport.idnes.cz/ms-v-krasobrusleni-duskova-bidar-d44-/sporty.aspx?c=A180323_011220_sporty_tm2)
I have to say I like the first one much more than the new. Yes, it is nice, but it doesn't go well with the music :(

But congrats Anna & Martin.

Short summary for english speakers:
Their team concluded that original costumes they wore till OG made them looking more like juniors so they decided to change it. Their coach met her acquaintance who is costume designer so she made a new costumes for them but it was finished just before the Worlds and during packing they forgot Martin's costume in the locker room at their training stadium. So Martin was forced to use his training t-shirt for the free. Martin said that he felt like they are in training so it helped him to keep calm during free program.
The other thing is that Anna was cold during competition so she have a cough sometimes, that some people in locker room asked her if she needs help. She also said that they were conveninent that during short program they were first so the nevosity didn't have a time to grow. On the other hand when they sould go as third during FP, they were little nervous but they calmed during the first tones. Anna also made a joke about her lutz, something like "the lutz just decided on its own it won't be perfect."
Than they are describing their FP and their feelings, they are happy and their goal is to get among the ten best pairs.
Also the coaches talked about their plan to imply harder elements into their programs and that at the next olympics they could be among the 6 best pairs.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I think Anna & Martin are so, so good for their age! I mean, seriously. 11th place is massive. I can easily see them like in 3-4 years make it into the podium in GP series and Euros, and then maybe, maybe Worlds :)

Tutto

Record Breaker
Upsetting news - really liked this pair and cheered for them!
Wishing success to both of them, my gut feeling tells me though we are unlikely to see two new pairs as successful as Anna & Martin have been together.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I just don't know what to say.

My babies :cry: :cry: :cry:

Of course, I wish them all the best for their futures. And I hope to see them both competing for many more years to come, be it with new partners in Pairs or by themselves in Singles.

But, it will not be the same.

CaroLiza_fan

Jana

On the Ice
Yes, CaroLiza, it will never be the same.

I understand Martin that the conditions for practice in Prague are bad (not only too cold in ice rink). He is free now (he will end his studies during the month). Anna has one more year of her studies and then she wants to study Medicine.

I have two names in my head for Anna's future partner - Radek Jakubka (age 17 - one year younger than Anna) currently competing with Edita Hornakova at Junior level or Jiri Belohradsky (age 19 - one year older then Anna) competing in singles but he does Pairs at Novice level in 2014-2015 season. But it might be some one else...

Anna is planning first training with her new partner during May because of problems with her knee - http://www.ceskatelevize.cz/sport/z...zavodniho-partnera-jeste-pred-startem-sezony/

icetug

Medalist
It's really sad as I liked them very much and believed they had a bright future ahead. I'm afraid that Martin decided on that move just because he had concrete plans connected with another partnership (but of course I can be wrong...). Hope Anna finds talented partner. Jiri Belohradsky seems to be a good alternative but - besides the dissapointing performance at EC - he is really promising as a single skater so I don't think he would switch to pairs. Anyway, fingers crossed for Anna to make the best choice.

gibbynka

On the Ice
:( I hope Anna gets better soon. Also, the article says that she is now skating with Radek Jakubka. I googled a bit but have not found any official info which would confirm that.

starla16

Medalist
aww what happened to them, why did they separate is it because of her injuries or she grew too tall ?

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
aww what happened to them, why did they separate is it because of her injuries or she grew too tall ?

We don't know for sure what exactly led to the split, but it seems that the main factor was actually the age difference.

It seems strange saying that about a 1 year age gap in any situation, but especially in Pairs skating where it is not unusual to have 10 years between partners. But 1 year IS a lot when one partner has finished school and the other still has a year to go.

Anna and Martin had different ideas of what they wanted to do this coming season. Anna wanted to continue training at home because of her exams, whereas Martin wanted to move to Canada to train in better conditions. And the differences just proved to be too much to be overcome.

Depending on who you listen to, there were a lot of other factors that didn't help matters. But, this seems to be the main reason.

Anna maybe shall have to undergo another operation, she injured her knee ligaments during training. :(
(in czech) https://www.sport.cz/ostatni/ostatn...larce-duskove-hrozi-dalsi-operace-kolena.html

Right, so is my reading of the mangled Google translation of the story correct - is Radek JAKUBKA her new partner?

ISU Bio (Singles)
ISU Bio (Pairs with Edita Horňáková)
Rink Results (Singles)
Stats On Ice (Singles)
Stats On Ice (Pairs with Edita Horňáková)

Any word on Martin's new partner?

CaroLiza_fan

Jana

On the Ice
Right, so is my reading of the mangled Google translation of the story correct - is Radek JAKUBKA her new partner?

ISU Bio (Singles)
ISU Bio (Pairs with Edita Horňáková)
Rink Results (Singles)
Stats On Ice (Singles)
Stats On Ice (Pairs with Edita Horňáková)

Any word on Martin's new partner?

CaroLiza_fan
According to this article - yes. But it was something "btw her new partner is ...". They should do this better way but I think they are waiting for Anna. I saw on her IG that she has something wrong with the knee and she need crutches and wear a support. I hope it will be OK.

Martin, according to his Instagram, is is St. Petersburg (Russia). He didn't post anything about skating but yesterday he has a day off. So is he maybe trying to skate with someone? Or just a camp?