Anna Duskova & Martin Bidar | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Anna Duskova & Martin Bidar

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
We don't know for sure what exactly led to the split, but it seems that the main factor was actually the age difference.

Martin Bidar finished school already and wanted to move abroad to another coach. But Anna is still high school student and has one more year ahead. She is determined to finish school properly with final exams (we call it "maturita"), so she refused to leave Czech Republic.

Jana

On the Ice
A lot of words spoken to their split up in the topic about splits and pair changes.
The main (and official) reason: they disagree about the place to train - Martin wanted to train abroad (in Canada?), Anna wanted to stay in Prague (mainly because of the school)
But probably there are many more: the relationship between them, Martin and Anna's parents, Martin and Eva (their coach)
I don't think that there were some physical ability issues. Anna is maybe tall, but it worked for them. I don't like pairs with really small (and usually very young) girl and tall man. Both were strong skaters, without SBS jumps problems.
There were only interview with Martin, not with Anna (and I still miss it :().

I watched some videos of Radek Jakubka and Edita Hornakova. This pair was promising, I don't know what happened. Maybe they spit because of Anna, or maybe Edita doesn't want to continue (she was falling quite often after jumps) or maybe Radek wanted a better partner. I am not sure if he is strong enough to skate with Anna. I think she deserves better partner :( But now I hope she will be OK to continue skating.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I watched some videos of Radek Jakubka and Edita Hornakova. This pair was promising, I don't know what happened. Maybe they spit because of Anna, or maybe Edita doesn't want to continue (she was falling quite often after jumps) or maybe Radek wanted a better partner. I am not sure if he is strong enough to skate with Anna. I think she deserves better partner :( But now I hope she will be OK to continue skating.

Well, if it matters to anything, Radek has all the triples besides the axel, and Anna has them too, so that's a plus for them together. He needs to bulk up a bit though.

hanca

Record Breaker
According to this article - yes. But it was something "btw her new partner is ...". They should do this better way but I think they are waiting for Anna. I saw on her IG that she has something wrong with the knee and she need crutches and wear a support. I hope it will be OK.

Martin, according to his Instagram, is is St. Petersburg (Russia). He didn't post anything about skating but yesterday he has a day off. So is he maybe trying to skate with someone? Or just a camp?

There was a gossip on a Russian forum that he skates with Nika Osipova and that their coach will be Natalia Pavlova.
Nika Osipova is a Russian junior pair skater. She didn’t look that bad a year ago, when she skated with Galliamov. She had triples. Then Galliamov left her to skate with Mishina and Osipova was paired with a pair beginner - Tarasenko, so their results were not that great. To be fair to Tarasenko, learning a new discipline that involves lifting, throwing and catching a female, is definitely not an easy task so I don’t blame them that their results this last season were not great. It was only his first season in pairs after all. Osipova/Tarasenko split up, not sure if it was because she or the coaches felt the pair was not progressing fast enough, or if it was because he realised that pair discipline is not for him. Nevertheless, Tarasenko now skates in shows and Osipova was without a partner.

About Pavlova, she recently moved from Moscow to St Petersburg. She is famous for starving girls. Two had eating disorders, Antipova even went public about what was going on in that group. On the other hand, Pavlova’s pairs are usually quite good. Good basics, good flow and they are watchable. Unfortunately Pavlova has such a lovely habit of blaming the female for everything that went wrong during the program, and the female as a result turns into a headcase. Girls who had triples suddenly end up without jumps... there were several clips of kiss and cry on the YouTube when a pair gets off the ice and Pavlova immediately starts telling off the female partner.

Jana

On the Ice
About Pavlova, she recently moved from Moscow to St Petersburg. She is famous for starving girls. Two had eating disorders, Antipova even went public about what was going on in that group. On the other hand, Pavlova’s pairs are usually quite good. Good basics, good flow and they are watchable. Unfortunately Pavlova has such a lovely habit of blaming the female for everything that went wrong during the program, and the female as a result turns into a headcase. Girls who had triples suddenly end up without jumps... there were several clips of kiss and cry on the YouTube when a pair gets off the ice and Pavlova immediately starts telling off the female partner.
Is it possible to train under Russian coach and in Russia when you are not Rusian/don't skate for Russia? I don't know any skaters/pairs who do that.

hanca

Record Breaker
Is it possible to train under Russian coach and in Russia when you are not Rusian/don't skate for Russia? I don't know any skaters/pairs who do that.

It is possible. It wasn’t possible only the year or two coming to Sochi Olympics, which is understandable.
Russian coaches coaching foreign pairs - as far as I remember, the Serbian pair (Serbian lady and Russian guy skating for Serbia) are coached by Larionov. Alexandrovskaya/Windsor also spent some time in Russia being coached by Mozer. There were several more half Russian pairs training in Russia and skating for another country. And dancers too, e.g. Hurtardo/Khaliavin train with Zhulin in Russia and compete for Spain.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Martin Bidar finished school already and wanted to move abroad to another coach. But Anna is still high school student and has one more year ahead. She is determined to finish school properly with final exams (we call it "maturita"), so she refused to leave Czech Republic.

Yep. As I explained in the paragraphs below the one you quoted. (Thanks for mentioning the name of the exams. I couldn't remember what they were called).

I was trying to keep my explanation to the core reason because, as Jana explained in the post after your's, there were a lot of other factors that turned it very messy.

According to this article - yes. But it was something "btw her new partner is ...". They should do this better way but I think they are waiting for Anna. I saw on her IG that she has something wrong with the knee and she need crutches and wear a support. I hope it will be OK.

Thank you. You are right that the article didn't dwell much on the new partnership. They talked about the old partnership (understanably enough, given their success), but only glossed over the new partnership. Which makes it sound like the writer at least is not too confident about this new partnership.

Martin, according to his Instagram, is is St. Petersburg (Russia). He didn't post anything about skating but yesterday he has a day off. So is he maybe trying to skate with someone? Or just a camp?

It's hard to tell at this time of year, with so many camps going on.

There was a gossip on a Russian forum that he skates with Nika Osipova and that their coach will be Natalia Pavlova.
Nika Osipova is a Russian junior pair skater. She didn’t look that bad a year ago, when she skated with Galliamov. She had triples. Then Galliamov left her to skate with Mishina and Osipova was paired with a pair beginner

You know, I feel for these skaters that switch from Singles to Pairs. It can't be easy for them to learn a discipline that is so radical compared to what they are used to. Especially when they get paired up with somebody who did quite well in their previous partnership. There is an expectation that they will carry on from where they left off. Which would put a lot of pressure on the raw rookie of the partnership.

So, I too have a lot of sympathy for Tarasenko. I hope it was his decision that Pairs wasn't for him, and that he wasn't just thrown to the side for not being "on it" straight away.

My heart sank when you started talking about Pavlova's reputation. Those images of the state Antipova was left in will never leave my mind. I still often think of her and wonder how she is doing now.

It is possible. It wasn’t possible only the year or two coming to Sochi Olympics, which is understandable.
Russian coaches coaching foreign pairs - as far as I remember, the Serbian pair (Serbian lady and Russian guy skating for Serbia) are coached by Larionov. Alexandrovskaya/Windsor also spent some time in Russia being coached by Mozer. There were several more half Russian pairs training in Russia and skating for another country. And dancers too, e.g. Hurtardo/Khaliavin train with Zhulin in Russia and compete for Spain.

Are you possibly thinking of Lana Petranović / António Souza-Cordeiro who skate for Croatia? I keep forgetting that he is Russian, because of the Portuguese name.

The thing about the examples hanca mentioned is that all of them include at least one skater who is Russian. So, although they are not representing Russia, there is still that connection.

But what about the situation we had in Ladies Singles, where Carolina Kostner and Li Zijun training with Mishin last season? Admittedly, Zijun ended up not doing any international competitions. And you saw Mishin with Carolina less often as the season went on. But, he was still part of her team.

Personally, I don't have a problem in Russian coaches working with skaters representing other countries.

I can understand why the Russian Fed mightn't like it, as these other skaters might end up beating the skaters that are actually representing Russia. But, at the same time, it is a glowing endorsement of how good the Russian system is that skaters from other countries want to train with Russian coaches.

So, it can work for the Russian Fed as well.

CaroLiza_fan

Jana

On the Ice
I was trying to keep my explanation to the core reason because, as Jana explained in the post after your's, there were a lot of other factors that turned it very messy.

Thank you. You are right that the article didn't dwell much on the new partnership. They talked about the old partnership (understanably enough, given their success), but only glossed over the new partnership. Which makes it sound like the writer at least is not too confident about this new partnership.
You know, there probably was not only one simple reason.

Anna and Radek trained together for only 2 weeks, then Anna was injured and still she is. She might spend off ice several weeks. Now she doesn't know what's wrong so I understand that they do not announce her new partner.

hanca

Record Breaker
My heart sank when you started talking about Pavlova's reputation. Those images of the state Antipova was left in will never leave my mind. I still often think of her and wonder how she is doing now.

Are you possibly thinking of Lana Petranović / António Souza-Cordeiro who skate for Croatia? I keep forgetting that he is Russian, because of the Portuguese name.

The thing about the examples hanca mentioned is that all of them include at least one skater who is Russian. So, although they are not representing Russia, there is still that connection.

But what about the situation we had in Ladies Singles, where Carolina Kostner and Li Zijun training with Mishin last season? Admittedly, Zijun ended up not doing any international competitions. And you saw Mishin with Carolina less often as the season went on. But, he was still part of her team.

Personally, I don't have a problem in Russian coaches working with skaters representing other countries.

I can understand why the Russian Fed mightn't like it, as these other skaters might end up beating the skaters that are actually representing Russia. But, at the same time, it is a glowing endorsement of how good the Russian system is that skaters from other countries want to train with Russian coaches.

So, it can work for the Russian Fed as well.

CaroLiza_fan
Yes, usually in the mixed teams there is one of the pair or ice dancers Russian , even if they don’t skate for Russia. But that would be the case for Osipova/Bidar too because she is Russian. I can’t see anyone objecting them to train in Russia. Saying that, the season hasn’t started yet. Even if the gossip about Osipova/Bidar skating together is true, I don’t think anyone can know at this stage whether it will work out. Usually it is quite a hard work to get from the beginning of a newly formed pair to the competitions. Not every newly created pair can make it, even if both of them are pair skaters.

Osipova is very skinny and she is approx 17 now, so she is definitely post puberty. Pavlova may like her figure and may even let her eat a little bit. Or, she may try to make a skinny girl even thinner and it may not end up well. I have to admit that I love watching Pavlova’s teams because they are watchable even if the elements are not working; their basics are usually very decent. But Pavlova should come with health warning.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

CaroLiza_fan mentioned Carolina and others, but even Eteri Tutberidze trains foreign representatives, most notably Morisi Kvitelashvili (representing Georgia) and newly Elizabet Tursynbayeva again, representing Kazakhstan. So that is not a problem.

Mdk0144

On the Ice
How old is nica? I have no information of her. I just know she previously skated with the world junior bronze medalist.

hanca

Record Breaker
How old is nica? I have no information of her. I just know she previously skated with the world junior bronze medalist.

She is born in February 2001, so she is 17.
She moved to pairs in season 2015/16 and after that season changed partner to skate with Galliamov.
In season 2016/17, in her new partnership they did very well, qualifying to Russian junior nationals. They were one of the top qualifiers who qualified through the Russian cups, they placed first and third at their qualifying Russian cups competitions and they did one extra Russian cup where they were second. At the nationals they made some mistakes so they were ninth, which was worse than I expected (based on how they skated at their previous competitions but anyone can have a bad day). At the final Russian cup they placed third and they also won junior international competition Volvo open cup. For the coming season they looked really promising but then Mishina/Mirzoev split up and Galliamov had the chance to skate with Mishina (both pairs shared coaches). Considering that Mishina was a junior world medallist, he took the chance.

As I already wrote, Osipova was paired with Tarasenko and spent a season 2017-18 skating with him. I suggest if someone wants to see her potential, look how she skated with Galliamov in the season 2016-17 rather watching her skating with a pair beginner Tarasenko because that in my view doesn’t reflect what she is capable.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Hopefully they can get together well - on another note, Martin is going to look like Bruno Massot in a couple of years.