Anna Duskova & Martin Bidar | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Anna Duskova & Martin Bidar

The Finn

Record Breaker
Youth Olympics is going to be very interesting competition. Russia will most likely send Borisova/Sopot and Ustimkina/Volodin who is very good team also. Dušková/Bidař will be there also, right? Czech Republic has a spot for them, so, I would assume they would be there.

janav

On the Ice
http://www.ceskatelevize.cz/ivysila...-radka-kovarikova-a-anna-duskova-martin-bidar

Interview with Anna and Martin made in March 2015, right before Junior Worlds. It also features Radka Kovaříková, former Pairs skater who won Worlds in 1995 with her partner, René Novotný.
I'm not native speaker of Czech, but here is what I could make from that:

Anna states that she hopes her partnership with Martin will be a long one, at least till they are 28 (I found the fact she has thought of so specific age adorable :luv17: ). She says that she and Martin have skated together since they were 12. He also says that both of them have similar personalities (I think, can't quite understand that bit) and that he thinks it's really important for a succesful partnership. And apparently Martin lives with Anna and her family for now because he's originaly from different city.

Martin admits they have quite a lot of work to do in the field of lifts and points out the age difference between him and other guys in the junior field.
They both say their goal is the Olympics and that they will work towards Worlds and Europeans and that it would be great if they could medal at some of those competitions. Preferably at the Olympics :biggrin:

Anyway, they both seem very real about the work they have before them and I wish them best for the upcoming years. Maybe some native Czech speaker could provide more accurate translation of what they are saying :)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
http://www.ceskatelevize.cz/ivysila...-radka-kovarikova-a-anna-duskova-martin-bidar

Interview with Anna and Martin made in March 2015, right before Junior Worlds.

Thank you for the interview translation. It is very interesting.

I will have to have a hunt around and see if I can find any other articles about them, as I forgot to do that when making out the Original Posts.

Anna and Martin will both be competing at Four Nationals this weekend in the Senior Singles categories.

Although, I am a bit disappointed that they are not competing in Senior Pairs (there is no Junior Pairs competition). Especially since there is only one entry!

It will be interesting to see how long they can keep doing both. Anna has beaten Brezinova already this year but pairs looks more promising for her.

After reading your comment, I now have a dilemma over what to do in the Predictions Game! I had been planning to put Eliška as the top Czech, even though she seems to be stagnating. But now I'm not so sure! :drama:

:cheer: ALL THE BEST ANNA AND MARTIN!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just a wee message to let you know how Anna and Martin got on today in their SP's at the Four Nationals Championships.

No, "SP's" was not a typing error. It is supposed to be plural, because they were competing as Singles skaters.

In the Senior Ladies SP, Anna finished in 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] place! She scored 52.80, and is 0.39 behind Ivett Tóth in 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] place. Nicole Rajičová is leading with 58.39.

Consequently, Anna is leading the Czech Ladies Championship after the SP. Second in the Czech Championship (and 4[SUP]th[/SUP] overall) is Elizaveta Ukolova, who is 2.46 behind Anna. Eliška Březinová is third in the Czech Championship (and 6[SUP]th[/SUP] overall), 5.21 behind Anna.

December 2015 Four Nationals Ladies Short Programme Results

December 2015 Four Nationals Ladies Short Programme Protocols

In the Senior Men's SP, Martin finished in 5[SUP]th[/SUP] place! He scored 52.80, and is 0.17 behind Krzysztof Gala in 4th place. Michal Březina is leading with 68.83.

Martin is lying in 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] in the Czech Men's Championship after the SP. Březina is obviously leading, 16.03 ahead of Martin. Second in the Czech Championship (and 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] overall) is Petr Kotlařík, who is 3.37 ahead of Martin. Jiří Bělohradský is fourth in the Czech Championship (and 6[SUP]th[/SUP] overall), 2.65 behind Martin.

December 2015 Four Nationals Men's Short Programme Results

December 2015 Four Nationals Men's Short Programme Protocols

The Free Skates will be held tomorrow.

The Ladies Free Skate will run from 09:40 – 12:58 CET (08:40 – 11:58 GMT), with Anna the last to go.

The Men’s Free Skate will run from 16:30 – 19:30 CET (15:30 – 18:30 GMT), with Martin the second to go in the final group.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST TO BOTH OF THEM!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Final group of Ladies FS on their Warm-Up.

Anna will be the fifth and final skater to go.

Here is the livestream link:

http://stream.kumi.cz/

Sorry for not posting the link earlier on (or even yesterday!) I didn't think! :palmf:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Not the best of Free Skates from Anna, I'm afraid. 2 falls and a nearly fall.

But, then again, Eliška Březinová and Elizaveta Ukolova did not have good Free Skates either.

Eliška's FS was the best of a bad bunch, though, and she managed to win the Czech Championship, finishing 4[SUP]th[/SUP] overall. The silver medal went to Michaela Lucie Hanzlíková, who finished 5[SUP]th[/SUP] overall. She had been 5[SUP]th[/SUP] in the Czech Championship (and 8[SUP]th[/SUP] overall) after the SP! So, that was a good comeback for her!

Anna won the bronze medal in the Czech Championship, finishing 6th overall. But, she was only 0.03 behind Hanzlíková in the final results! :drama:

In the Free Skate itself, Anna scored 82.91. This was 9.94 points below Hanzlíková's FS score, but only 0.38 ahead of Ukolova.

Incidentally, Ukolova finished 7[SUP]th[/SUP] overall, and Aneta Janiczková finished 8[SUP]th[/SUP], meaning that skaters representing the host nation filled all the places from 4[SUP]th[/SUP] to 8[SUP]th[/SUP]!

So, although she missed out on an overall Four Nationals medal, Anna still managed to do enough to win a medal in the Czech Ladies Championship.

Not bad for a Pairs skater! ;) :biggrin:

December 2015 Four Nationals Ladies Free Skate Results

December 2015 Four Nationals Ladies Free Skate Protocols

December 2015 Four Nationals Ladies Final Results

We will have to wait until this evening to see if Martin can do the same in the Men's competition.

:cheer: WELL DONE ANNA AND ALL THE BEST MARTIN!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The Warm-up for the final group of Men's FS will start at 18:32 CET (17:32 GMT). So, about 15 minutes from now.

Martin will be the second skater to go.

Here is the livestream link:

http://stream.kumi.cz/

The first four skaters in this group are all Czech so, unlike with Anna, we will have to wait to find out where he finishes in the Czech Championship.

Hope he does well! :)

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Martin did not have the best Free Skate either. Fall at the start, and then a few scrappy moments afterwards.

The positions he finished in are intriguing when you break them down. Martin was 5th overall in each segment, and 3rd Czech in each segment. Yet, he finished 6[SUP]th[/SUP] in the overall Four Nationals Championships, and 4[SUP]th[/SUP] in the Czech Championships.

Martin's final score was 163.95. This was 3.19 behind Petr KOTLARIK, who finished directly in front of him in both championships. In Four Nationals, Martin was 3.84 ahead of Krzysztof GALA (7[SUP]th[/SUP] overall, 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] Pole). And in Czech Championships, he was 26.09 ahead of Jan KURNIK (11[SUP]th[/SUP] overall, 5[SUP]th[/SUP] Czech).

In the Free Skate itself, Martin scored 104.73. This is exactly 17 points behind Jiri BELOHRADSKY in the Czech Championship FS, and 10.24 behind Patrick MYZYK in the overall FS. But it was only 0.18 ahead of Petr KOTLARIK in both.

So, even if he hadn't fallen in the FS, Bidar wouldn't have got ahead of Kotlarik to get onto the Czech Championship podium. Kotlarik's advantage from the SP was enough to keep him ahead.

Nevertheless, 4[SUP]th[/SUP] in the Czech Men's Championships, not far behind skaters that are established names on the international stage, is a great achievement.

Not bad for a Pairs skater! ;) :biggrin:

December 2015 Four Nationals Men's Free Skate Results

December 2015 Four Nationals Men's Free Skate Protocols

December 2015 Four Nationals Men's Final Results

:cheer: WELL DONE MARTIN!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Všechno nejlepší k narozeninám Anna!!! :cheer: :rock: :party2: :hb:

Just wanted to take this opportunity to wish a Happy 16[SUP]th[/SUP] Birthday to Anna.

I hope you have had an enjoyable day, and that the next year is a good one for you, both on and off the ice!

Sbohem

CaroLiza_fan

Sophie-Anna

Medalist

Interview with Anna and Martin made in March 2015, right before Junior Worlds. It also features Radka Kovaříková, former Pairs skater who won Worlds in 1995 with her partner, René Novotný.
I'm not native speaker of Czech, but here is what I could make from that:

Anna states that she hopes her partnership with Martin will be a long one, at least till they are 28 (I found the fact she has thought of so specific age adorable :luv17: ). She says that she and Martin have skated together since they were 12. He also says that both of them have similar personalities (I think, can't quite understand that bit) and that he thinks it's really important for a succesful partnership. And apparently Martin lives with Anna and her family for now because he's originaly from different city.

Martin admits they have quite a lot of work to do in the field of lifts and points out the age difference between him and other guys in the junior field.
They both say their goal is the Olympics and that they will work towards Worlds and Europeans and that it would be great if they could medal at some of those competitions. Preferably at the Olympics :biggrin:

Anyway, they both seem very real about the work they have before them and I wish them best for the upcoming years. Maybe some native Czech speaker could provide more accurate translation of what they are saying :)

I will translate something more but I think you translated the most important parts. Can I just ask you how did you learn Czech (unless you are Czech nationality). Just curious. Foreigners often finds it very difficult to learn Czech and I was thinking about it a few times like-what if I would be American or British would it be difficult for me? I realised it would be very difficult.

So:
In the beginning Radka Kovaříková says they are very young, whole career is still in front of them, their advantage is that they can gain a lot of experience in the juniors, because they are almost same age. And that the fact they are same age gives them the opportunity to make the career, which is pretty short, longer and they don't have to chase each other in terms of age(she probably meant, if for example Anna would be four years younger than Martin, Martin could do something more as the older one-like jumps, and Anna wouldn't, Martin would have to wait for her to be able to land those jumps). Then Anna talks. I will just correct you a little bit, she said they are skating together since they were 13(but that is not important actually).
Then again Kovaříková. She says that the level in the juniors is high, when we take top 3 at the world juniors, these three pairs could be in top 10 at euros for sure, maybe top 6, and about top 12 at the worlds. Then she says it is hard to say now if they have a future and potential to be a world senior champions, because they're really young and it is a difficult way. It is also about two skaters, not just one. In pairs you are dealing with two personalities, two heads, so it's twice as difficult. And the task of a coach(or a task of a team) is to find two person who get along well not just as skaters but also like a people. They have to be able to deal together with both good and bad things.
Then Martin says he thinks they don't argue with each other, which is the main thing. Anna then says they are friends and communicate with each other well. And as you already said he lives with her family.
Then again Martin: we also watch senior pairs, we can learn from then.
Anna: we are trying to skate as good, to reach this level(of the seniors), but we are younger, so I think we are not so good yet(that was cute and I think they have some time to get this level :) )
Martin: our weakness are lifts, because I'm two, three years younger than the other guys, so we still have lifts as easy as possible (that was last year, I think it's not true anymore, because they improved so much over the summer).
Kovaříková:I wish them to be healthy, to like skating, she wishes for both of them to have the same enjoyment, because the worst thing is, when two people in pairs don't share the same goals. It is necessary to have the same training for both of the skaters.

So that's all. I translated the everything else, but I'm sorry if there is something bad in my English, it's almost 3am here, so I'm pretty tired and will go to sleep now.

Happy New Year to everybody and good luck to Anna and Martin for the future :)

janav

On the Ice
Hi Sophie-Anna. Thanks for tweaking the translation!

The reason behind my (limited) knowledge of Czech lies behind my husband, who is Czech. I would not go as far as to say that I speak Czech but I got to the stage when I am able to understand it. I take no shame in admitting that this particular piece took quite a lot of replays to get the hang of :laugh:. My husband is a great help to me with regards to my Don Quijote-like quest to master the language but sadly, I cannot get him anywhere near to helping me translate FS articles (he says the only good use of ice is to play hockey :tantrum:). I selfishly hope that Anna and Martin will continue to shine which would result in more articles about them for me to practice my language skills on. I'm fairly certain that I will never learn to write properly though. All the rules about where to put i/y, s/z, doubling the letter...when I ask my husband for help, he says that you have to 'hear it'. Well, thanks very much because I will never hear it therefore I will always write like a caveman :hslap:

I know I'm late to the party, but happy birthday to Anna! And Happy New Year to everyone!

Last edited:

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
Hi Sophie-Anna. Thanks for tweaking the translation!

The reason behind my (limited) knowledge of Czech lies behind my husband, who is Czech. I would not go as far as to say that I speak Czech but I got to the stage when I am able to understand it. I take no shame in admitting that this particular piece took quite a lot of replays to get the hang of :laugh:. My husband is a great help to me with regards to my Don Quijote-like quest to master the language but sadly, I cannot get him anywhere near to helping me translate FS articles (he says the only good use of ice is to play hockey :tantrum:). I selfishly hope that Anna and Martin will continue to shine which would result in more articles about them for me to practice my language skills on. I'm fairly certain that I will never learn to write properly though. All the rules about where to put i/y, s/z, doubling the letter...when I ask my husband for help, he says that you have to 'hear it'. Well, thanks very much because I will never hear it therefore I will always write like a caveman :hslap:

I know I'm late to the party, but happy birthday to Anna! And Happy New Year to everyone!

Oh, I see. But I think your Czech is good enough, for someone who isn't Czech. And don't worry about the writing i/y s/z etc...Some native Czech speakers have problems with it as well.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
For those that didn't know already, Anna and Martin are competing in the Pairs category at the Youth Olympics in Lillehammer this week.

The Pairs is the first figure skating competition to start, at 14:00 CET (13:00 GMT) today. So, about 45 minutes from now.

Entries / Results Page:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1516/yog2016/

Time Schedule:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1516/yog2016/YOG2016_Pairs_SP_TimeSchedule.pdf

Anna and Martin will be the penultimate of the 10 couples to go. So, the 4[SUP]th[/SUP] couple in Group 3.

They are due to start their SP at 15:14:30 CET (14:14:30 GMT)

But that may change if any of the skaters on before them withdraw.

Unfortuantely, this morning's Cross Country Sprint races were the only event to have a livestream today.

But, if there is live scoring, it will be on this page:

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1516/yog2016/SEG005.HTM

And if there isn't, the results will be put up on that page!

CaroLiza_fan

tulosai

Record Breaker
I am very happy for them that they lead here! I think they have such great potential!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Congrats Anna & Martin on new PB in short program and the lead :hap10:

Absolutely delighted to hear that Anna and Martin not only won the Short, but set a new absolute PB for the SP as well!!!

2016 Youth Olympics Pairs SP Results

2016 Youth Olympics Pairs SP Protocols

However, Borisova / Sopot also set an absolute PB for the SP, and are just 1.02 points behind Dušková / Bidař.

Given that there is a 4.42 point gap behind Borisova / Sopot to Ustimkina / Volodin in third positon, and then a 7.87 gap to Brasseur / Ostiguy in fourth position, it is looking like a straight duel for the gold.

It's all going to make for an exciting Free Skate!

The Free Skate starts tomorrow (Monday) at 12:00 CET (11:00 GMT).

Time Schedule:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1516/yog2016/YOG2016_Pairs_FS_TimeSchedule.pdf

The start order for the FS is largely the reverse order of how they finished in the SP (the only exceptions are that 9[SUP]th[/SUP] and 10[SUP]th[/SUP] are switched around, and 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] and 4[SUP]th[/SUP] are switched around).

So, Borisova / Sopot will be the penultimate couple to go at 13:40:10 CET (12:40:10 GMT), with Dušková / Bidař to finish the competition off at 13:48:00 CET (12:48:00 GMT).

Unfortunately, it is NOT being livestreamed. :furious: :mad: :bang: So, we will have to depend on the livescoring to know what is going on.

Livescoring / Results Page:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1516/yog2016/SEG006.HTM

Hopefully some kind souls in the audience will film it and post it online, like they did with the SP yesterday.

The only one I could find so far (bad quality): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jytf2l1DLVQ

Mao88 has managed to find another recording of Anna and Martin's SP. :bow: :points: This one includes them entering the ice and getting into position, and the scores being announced afterwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tqLCbtOyyg

Hope offcial channel will update better one later.

I wouldn't bet on it! I am very disappointed with the coverage on the IOC YouTube channel. Admittedly, what the coverage of what they are showing has been pretty good (well, Friday's Opening Ceremony and yesterday's Cross Country was anyway!), and it is gettting archived. But, they simply are not showing enough of the event. :disapp:

CaroLiza_fan

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
An article from YOG, Anna and Martin after the SP:
http://lillehammer.olympic.cz/clanek/2142--sportovni-dvojice-duskova-bidar-po-prvnim-dnu-na-cele
My translation (sorry for mistakes):
Pair Dušková/Bidař on the top after the first day!
Czech figure skating pair Anna Dušková and Martin Bidař have had a great competition so far. They are on the first place after the SP with 61.82 points, which means an advantage of 1.02 points (for free skating) over the Russian pair Borisova/Sopot.

"They showed 99% of their abilities and I hope we can keep a concentration also in free skating" said apparently pleased coach Eva Horklová.
Dušková/Bidař got on the ice of Olympia Amphiteatre in Hamar as 9th out of 10 couples and skated their program without a mistake. The crowd rewarded them not only with an applause but also with some toys, which landed on the ice.

"I hope the people liked our skating, I think we have got the most toys out of everybody" said Anna, who has been already skating for several years with Martin, with a smile. "It was confirmed that our biggest rivals are the Russian couples, but also Canadiens on the 4th place can move forward" added Martin.

Free program is scheduled on Monday 15th February at 12 o'clock.

Last edited: