Anna Duskova & Martin Bidar | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Anna Duskova & Martin Bidar

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
I did not find it in this thread, so here I just add their biographies from official YOG website, I think as a fans you might be interested:
(for some reason my computer cannot copy the link so I will just write it here:
(M-Martin, A-Anna)
Debut: 2003-M, 2005-A
Favorite game: Česko (Czech)I will add this is the board knowledge game with question about the Czech Republic-M, Activity-A
Favorite movie: Forrest Gump (this is my favorite too!)-M, Great Gatsby-A
Hero: Tomáš Verner-M, Tomáš Verner and Mao Asada-A
Hobbies: fishing, tennis, football-M, drawing, friends-A
Languages spoken: English, German-M, English, Russian-A
In the future he wants to be physiotherapist, she wants to study stomatology at the university.
Their biggest success is (not surprisingly) their 2nd place finish at JGPF.

janav

On the Ice
I have been searching CT Sport website which is the sport channel of Czech Republic's public service television, in hope of more in-depth coverage of the Youth Olympics. They generally do really good work even when somewhat less followed sports and events are considered (and sadly, this is the case with YOG and figure skating in general). And indeed, their coverage included the pairs event which starts around 25:09 mark:

http://www.ceskatelevize.cz/porady/...jske-hry-mladeze-2016-norsko/216471291371002/
(not sure about the avaiability - I'm currently in the Czech Republic, so it obviously works fine for me)

At 27:56 starts post SP interview with their coach, Eva Horklova.

At 28:13 Anna sums her view of the competition (side note: Can this girl be any more adorable?:love:) and Martin says few words as well - he strikes me as a rather quiet guy but I guess Anna is happy to do the talking :laugh:

Again, I'm sure we have more apt translators among us (Sophie-Anna?) who can summarize this better but to my ears, there wasn't any groundbreaking new information. Maybe the fact that it's the coach who chose the music and she does it always (??? - I had trouble understanding, so please, someone correct me if I'm wrong!)

Best of luck to them in the FS!

Layback11

Record Breaker
I have been searching CT Sport website which is the sport channel of Czech Republic's public service television, in hope of more in-depth coverage of the Youth Olympics. They generally do really good work even when somewhat less followed sports and events are considered (and sadly, this is the case with YOG and figure skating in general). And indeed, their coverage included the pairs event which starts around 25:09 mark:

http://www.ceskatelevize.cz/porady/...jske-hry-mladeze-2016-norsko/216471291371002/
(not sure about the avaiability - I'm currently in the Czech Republic, so it obviously works fine for me)

At 28:13 Anna sums her view of the competition (side note: Can this girl be any more adorable?:love:) and Martin says few words as well - he strikes me as a rather quiet guy but I guess Anna is happy to do the talking :laugh:

Again, I'm sure we have more apt translators among us (Sophie-Anna?) who can summarize this better but to my ears, there wasn't any groundbreaking new information. Maybe the fact that it's the coach who chose the music and she does it always (??? - I had trouble understanding, so please, someone correct me if I'm wrong!)

Am I hearing what I think I'm hearing?

IS THiS A WORKING STREAM? :jaw:

THANK YOU!!! :yes2:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
so happy for them!

haha feel guilty that I root for them over my countrymen:rofl2:

The Finn

Record Breaker
Highlights of the Pairs Free Skating
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztgQortvd_k

Like Anna I also noticed right away that they got a really good size medal at the Youth olympics and not a lame small coin-sized medal liked figure skaters usually get. By the way Anna may have invented a new word called weirdiful or something like that. Anyway, she seems really sweet.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
what a shame! how dare you! :laugh:

congratulations to Anna and Martin :agree:
I know!:drama::shame:

too bad they had mistakes! Hopefully they will do a better FS @ Worlds!

Imo they should drop skating singles!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I don't mind them skating singles a little more yet. I hope it would let them develop harder SBS jumps elements. And maybe spins? I know you can learn it doing just pairs too, but in singles there is probalby bigger motivation. But of course by the time they will go senior they should drop it, since pair skating look like much brighter future for them :hap93:

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Well, they already have good 2A, 3T and 3S, though they are young and I wouldn't mind them trying even the lutz. But they need to work a bit more on their pair elements too, although they are slowly getting better, yes.

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
Well, they already have good 2A, 3T and 3S, though they are young and I wouldn't mind them trying even the lutz. But they need to work a bit more on their pair elements too, although they are slowly getting better, yes.

I am not sure about Martin but Anna has landed some 3Lz in's in singles competition. In the summer I also saw her landing 3F and a few 3 loops on practice.

Sophie-Anna

Medalist

The informations in this video was almost the same as in the articles I've posted recently. Some new to add:
Coach says she is very happy, didn't even expected them to skate so good. Their main goal was to skate a good program which was accomplished. Anna says they could show everything they are able to do, they made their coach happy, and mainly they reached the seasons best. Martin says it was on of their best programs they've ever skated, including practices.

More about the music:
Their coach says, she choses the music, then Anna and Martin listen to it and then, when they like it, the program is choreographed by their choreographer Gabriela Hrazska, who is a former ice dancer from Brno, they're very satisfacted with her work.

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
http://www.ceskatelevize.cz/porady/...jske-hry-mladeze-2016-norsko/216471291371004/

I doubt it works outside the Czech Republic, but I will summarize anyway.

At around 7:10 starts interviews with Anna and Martin, then the coach.
Martin: we are of course happy, silver medal is silver medal and the main thing is we have a medal, so we're very happy, the FP could've been better but we're satisfied.
Anna: we're very happy, we never expected we should ever had such a nice rare medal, maybe now I'm a little bit sad, because I made two mistakes and at least one was basically unnecessary. Everything was OK, I've already landed that 3T and suddenly I fell, so I don't even know what happened. For sure we enjoyed many experiences here, this competition had a strong skaters, so I think this will be one of our best results so far.
Coach: the result is nice, I wished a medal, so my wish was accomplished. The performance was a little bit worse than the SP, they didn't look nervous to me, it was just a worthless mistakes, hopefully it won't be repeated. We always want to have a good performance, which we accomplished here, especially in the SP. Now we will have WJC , which is in Debrecen in a month, we will also skate in the mixed team event here, so we will finish competitions here, then we will relax just a little bit and then we will be preparing for the world juniors.

And some words from another article:
Coach said they appreciate the results very much, and she hopes it will lift up their confidence before world juniors.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Všechno nejlepší k narozeninám Martin!!! :cheer: :rock: :party2: :hb:

Just wanted to take this opportunity to wish a Happy 17[SUP]th[/SUP] Birthday to Martin.

I hope you have had an enjoyable day, and that the next year is a good one for you, both on and off the ice!

Sbohem

CaroLiza_fan

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Happy Birthday Martin! :hap10: :hb: Hope you and Anna will end season positively!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Firstly, I just wanted to let you know that I have updated the Original Post of this thread.

This entailed adding in links to the Youth Olympics videos (unfortunately, there were not any videos of them from the Team Trophy), and also adding in the results of the aforementioned Team Trophy, and a Junior Worlds row, to the results table.

Apologies that I did not get these done sooner.

Secondly, can I ask a Stupid Question?

What is the connection between Martin and former skater Petr Bidař (Singles ISU Bio; Pairs ISU Bio with Klára Kadlecová)?

I am nearly sure they are related, partly because they have the same surname and are from the same town, but mainly because Petr has "liked" everything that I have posted to Martin's Facebook profile! :laugh:

But, I am not sure in what way they are related - are they brothers, or cousins, or what?

Whatever the answer, it is very interesting that they both continued to compete in Singles after taking up Pairs skating.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Martin and Peter are brothers.

Thank you for the confirmation, Abraxis12345! :bow: :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

So, they are brothers. You know, that makes it all the more interesting that Martin seems to be following the same career path as Petr.

Of course, because of him having to retire through injury, we'll never know how long Petr would have carried on competing in both Singles and Pairs. But, I'm sure I'm not the only one that is fascinated to see if Martin (and Anna, for that matter) can pull off doing the double long term.

But, that's further down the line. Looking at the more immediate future (i.e. Junior Worlds):

:cheer: ALL THE BEST ANNA AND MARTIN!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited: