Anna Duskova & Martin Bidar | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Anna Duskova & Martin Bidar

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Congrats to Anna & Martin for qualifying to JGP Final second year in a row :hap10:

I have a question: do they need to get TES minimum for Europeans in senior competition or their junior scores count?

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
There will be three Challengers. Zagreb is too late, but they can participate in Warsaw or Tallinn. So it's not a big deal for them to make a TES minimum.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
There will be three Challengers. Zagreb is too late, but they can participate in Warsaw or Tallinn. So it's not a big deal for them to make a TES minimum.

I never told it's a big deal, I just wasn't sure if they need to compete in seniors :) And it doesn't have to be a Challenger event, they can get TES minimums in any Senior B, so they have a lot to choose from to fit their schedule :hap10:

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
That's awesome! Hope they have skates they can be proud of! And get the minumum TES, because it's in their hands.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Anna and Martin won their first gold medal among seniors in Nice! Their programs were quite messy to be honest but they did get the TES minimums they need for Europeans. Congratulations!

Not only Europeans, they got TES for Worlds too, if they would like to go ;)

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Well, if anything they got a bit hosed in the PCS, though, they did look nervous. But their tech is good enough to keep them up in a field like this. And their side-by-side 3T got some nice GOE. If they work on the levels they can score well with this program, I'm sure. However, they have so much to grow I can see them being a threat to the top teams when they hit their twenties - these two are too young.

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
I think we are forgetting how young they are. Martin is not even 18 yet and they have 2 more years of juniors left. I'm hoping they can qualify for the Olympics.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I think we are forgetting how young they are. Martin is not even 18 yet and they have 2 more years of juniors left. I'm hoping they can qualify for the Olympics.

Well, I don't think anyone's forgetting :) I'm super proud of them and just hope they will stay together, cause they are future of the Pairs! :biggrin:
btw. Even with mistakes they beat Ziegler/Kiefer, that's very good since theese two were 8/9 last two Europeans. :thumbsup:

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Happy for the silver medal at the JGPF, but a bit bummed with the mistakes. I think it was their strongest outing this season yet, and it's still very clear that if they put this program out there they are going to win again. I don't know if they were a bit unprepared, if the Euros at home or the JWGM is putting more pressure on them, but I just hope they get in the right mindset for the next competitions.

Of course, they are still so young, I'm not gonna be the one to put even more pressure on them. They have time to grow.

:agree:

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Congratulations to Anna and Martin! :) I'm glad they delivered under pressure. Looking forward to seeing them (likely on TV though, pity) in Ostrava.

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
I heard she was going through puberty? Anyways I'm just glad they are still hanging in there and haven't suffered the same fate as Ohanesian/Bardei who fell off the face of the planet dealing with injuries and puberty. Hopefully Martin can still grow (he's only 17?!) because he'll need that height as his twist was not the most stable to begin with and now it is starting to fall apart. Speaking of height and strength, their lifts were always unstable, so Martin needs to be a tank like Han Cong is to Sui for Duskova to rely on. Work on those SBS and throws; their consistency seems OK but OK isn't enough, they need to nail it every time. GORGEOUS skating skills, so once they get their mojo back together and start skating as consistent as they were last year a JW repeat isn't out of the question, not to mention they can be serious rivals at Europeans! Looking forward to seeing them at Europeans!

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I heard she was going through puberty? Anyways I'm just glad they are still hanging in there and haven't suffered the same fate as Ohanesian/Bardei who fell off the face of the planet dealing with injuries and puberty. Hopefully Martin can still grow (he's only 17?!) because he'll need that height as his twist was not the most stable to begin with and now it is starting to fall apart. Speaking of height and strength, their lifts were always unstable, so Martin needs to be a tank like Han Cong is to Sui for Duskova to rely on. Work on those SBS and throws; their consistency seems OK but OK isn't enough, they need to nail it every time. GORGEOUS skating skills, so once they get their mojo back together and start skating as consistent as they were last year a JW repeat isn't out of the question, not to mention they can be serious rivals at Europeans! Looking forward to seeing them at Europeans!

Well, up until a month ago they had an amazing twist - at least this season, yes, they had some bad twists, but when it's good, it can rival some of the senior teams. And they actually did most of the programs without big faults, the problem was that they had a lot of minor mistakes. In fact, they had the highest BV of all teams, even with a 3tw level one in the free for example. And they were slow and tentative at the GPF in both programs, I saw balance checks throughout the competition. Maybe it was pressure, maybe they worked on the jumps more than the other elements, because it was the first time they actually got all the jumps mostly right. There are good things to take from this outing, but they do need to put their heads in the right place, because the goods they have.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Congrats on defending Silver at JGPF! It's getting better and I hope that trend will stay! :cheer: :clap: They are not competing at Four Nationals Championships this season (which is this weekend), so they can take a little rest and preapre for Europeans!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
ISU interview with Anna & Martin: http://www.isu.org/en/single-and-pair-skating-and-ice-dance/news/2017/01/feature-duskova-bidar They will not go to Junior Worlds, they want to focus on Senior Worlds, because of qualification to Olympics. I think it's a smart decision. It would be tough to do two ISU Championshimps that are so close to each other, and Pairs is very tough discipline itself. And I love Anna's sincerity about school. I also sometimes think the worst teachers can do is to make a student an example to follow'... All the best in Ostrava! :cheer: