Anna Duskova & Martin Bidar | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Anna Duskova & Martin Bidar

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
Well, in Poland we call dinner a meal we have in the afternoon (traditionally consisted of two dishes, the first one being soup, but now people often eat only one dish for dinner) and then we have supper in the evening which is lighter meal. Lunches are not our things :p I kind of thought Czech Republic is similiar.. But I see that not neccesarily :)

This is off-topic and I'm sorry for it. Just will finish cultural differences and similarities. We call everything dinner. At least in the part of the country I'm from but I think people from other parts have it the same. Some people have their dinner between 5-7 p.m., some later...Lunch consists usually of a soup and a main dish...Sorry for off-topic again, I'll stop now...

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
This is off-topic and I'm sorry for it. Just will finish cultural differences and similarities. We call everything dinner. At least in the part of the country I'm from but I think people from other parts have it the same. Some people have their dinner between 5-7 p.m., some later...Lunch consists usually of a soup and a main dish...Sorry for off-topic again, I'll stop now...

Thanks for info :) Anna & Martin are Czechs so it's not that much off-topic, you don't need to apologize ;)

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Thanks so much for the translation, Sophie-Anna! Love this pair. Wishing them a successful Senior Worlds debut, and for them to place much higher than 16th!

janav

On the Ice
Just had a quick look at the GP assignments and I am thrilled to see that babes got two! I was thinking about attending the GP in Grenoble anyway and now there is one more reason to do so as they are assigned to compete there!

Are there any news about their programs? Me thinks they will keep that SP....

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

That was just before the start of the Gala at Europeans (I finally got round to watching the archived World Feed on Eurovision Sports last week). They were showing shots of the skaters warming up backstage in the wait for the trumpet call. And, obviously, they were featuring the Czech skaters a lot.

They had just shown a shot of Anna and Martin on the mats, and then they changed to this shot of Michaela-Lucie doing her make-up. And Anna just casually walked in for a gossip, not realising the camera was there.

But the laughter from the arena soon alerted her! Her face was priceless! :laugh:

Although, I'm not convinced that this copy of it wasn't speeded up. Because in my memory it seemed to last longer...

EDIT: Just realised how bad that last sentence sounded! :eek: I meant it in a protective father sense, not in the other sense!​

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Really happy that they are trying the 3lz already. They are young, and right now it's a good time to get those jumps if they want to use them in the future. Also, very little set up, comparing to other pairs.

However, I don't see them using it now already, maybe in the latter half of the season - especially if they get the olympics.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Wow! Great that they are training it! Definitely very useful for future since it can be used in both programs :hap10:

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
They definitely can add a few different triples. Anna had 5 different triples as a singles skater. Not sure Martin ever did anything harder than a loop

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Yess, go Anna and Martin! Good luck with the lutz, and with the new season, I hope it goes smoothly for them! :clap:

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9qZ51Da72o

Not their best, which is something that's been happening at the start of the past seasons, but let's hope they can keep it together to qualify, doesn't matter the ranking. Also, let's hope for a good FS, because even with the mistakes the SP is one of my favorite pairs program.

Jana

On the Ice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9qZ51Da72o

Not their best, which is something that's been happening at the start of the past seasons, but let's hope they can keep it together to qualify, doesn't matter the ranking. Also, let's hope for a good FS, because even with the mistakes the SP is one of my favorite pairs program.

I hope for them.
I'm looking forward their new FS (unfortunately, during Czech test skate they wrote that it wasn't good, so I hope it will be better tomorrow). They deserve the OG spot. It's a shame that they didn't get it in Helsinki (just because of fails of some teams).

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Aww, pity. Good luck in the free though, Anna and Martin! Fight! :hap10:

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Their Nebelhorn SP ranking is better than it looks at first glance because 3 of the teams above them are from countries that have already secured Olympic spots, so can't get more here.

Jana

On the Ice
What is your opinion on their new free program? In Nelbehorn Trophy thread were mixed feeling.
Well, when I saw their costumes for the first time, I was shocked - huh, what? But it is not bad. I actually liked it.

But there is something I miss there - some new figures. Same lifts as last year (maybe the failed one is something new?), same spins as in previous seasons.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Only the SBS spins are the same, some of the lifts are a bit changed, but what I really liked is the fact that the program is very choreography-heavy. It's early in the season to see the programs in peak condition, so we'll have to wait a bit more. But it wasn't so bad, especially if you compare to their early competitions last season. Good for them for qualifying and now to train more and more.

janav

On the Ice
OK, packing my Czech flag for the pairs event at the Olympics! :yahoo: Good job guys! I'm not yet sold on that free skate but I fully expect it will grow on me.