Anna Duskova & Martin Bidar | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Anna Duskova & Martin Bidar

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Oh, they qualified then? Congratulations, Anna and Martin! Good for them.

Jana

On the Ice
This season didn´t start best for them :( After a fall, Anna must 3 must go to the knee surgery. I don´t know how serious it is, but this can men qiute long pause...

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
This season didn´t start best for them :( After a fall, Anna must 3 must go to the knee surgery. I don´t know how serious it is, but this can men qiute long pause...

Oh no.... I hope they will be able to prapare for Olympics.

Jana

On the Ice
Oh no.... I hope they will be able to prapare for Olympics.

Me too, but now is too early to made conclusions. The surgery and subsequent convalescence will show what is possible or not. Olympics will be in less then 100 days (3 months).

Anna189

Rinkside
Well, it was said in the Czech press that they won't be even able to compete at the Euros in Moscow, but that they'll do their best to prepare for the Olympics. Fingers crossed!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Well, it was said in the Czech press, that they won't be even able to compete at the Euros in Moscow, but that they'll do their best to prepare for the Olympics. Fingers crossed!

Thanks for news. Good to know there is a chance they will be okay to compete at Olympics. Nobody would want to miss that. Best wishes to both of them!

Jana

On the Ice
Well, it was said in the Czech press, that they won't be even able to compete at the Euros in Moscow, but that they'll do their best to prepare for the Olympics. Fingers crossed!

It is not by press, but Czech skating federation. (So it should be more official.).
Europeans 15.1. - 21.1.
Olympics 9.2. - 25.2.

But I think that now is too early to make some conclusions. Maybe after the surgery or during rehab. Doctors are able to do more for top athletes than for ordinary people ;) And it also depends on the interest of the person to rehabilitate (and I believe Anna will have it). But the return to the hard training can be very difficult.
Mrs. Horklová knows what is good and what is not. For example to don't participate in Juniors Worlds (and defend gold) last season, but fully focus on seniors. She knows there's no need to go to the competition just to be there.

Jana

On the Ice
Thanks for updates! They are young, but they worked hard to get that Olympic spots, so I really hope they will be able to go :cheer:

Now they work in Canada ;) I hoped for some their live inputs during Euros on TV...

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Now they work in Canada ;) I hoped for some their live inputs during Euros on TV...

If they went to Canada I guess there is porgress, which makes me happy :) Hope their preapration will pay off at Olympics :hap10:

Jana

On the Ice
If they went to Canada I guess there is porgress, which makes me happy :) Hope their preapration will pay off at Olympics :hap10:

I have read (but now I can't find the source) that it is because of the motivation environment. The environment in Prague is not ideal. Commuting, school , .... I do not know how much time they have in the hall, but there is pretty old there... Couches from Canada were surprised (in negative) about the enviroment (cold, old ice rink, no ice during summer).

Jana

On the Ice
Great news from Anna and Martin: http://www.ceskatelevize.cz/sport/z...it-ted-vyhlizi-duskova-olympiadu-v-plne-sile/

A few months ago she could not walk, now she (Dušková) is looking at the Olympics in full strength

Michal Březina knows the atmosphere of the Olympic Games. Dancers of Courtney Mansour and Michal Češka, as well as Anna Dušková and Martin Bidař, however, have a big premiere under the five circles. While Březina and the dancers tested the form at a recent European championship, Dušková and Bidař are returning to competition after Anna's injury. Her knee recovers quickly after the surgery and shetrains in full strength.

The 2016 junior world champions were training at a one week camp in Canada under the guidance of Richard Gauthier, who co-operate with them, instead of competing at the European championship. "We are preforming whole programmes and trying to get the best out of it, even if we do not have as much time as it normally," said eighteen years old Dušková.

The Olympic dream, after successful qualifying in Oberstdorf, has almost disappeared in the autumn. Dušková was worried about the surgery. "At first, I thought I was afraid the surgery would go wrong, and when I was after the surgery, I was afraid I would not return to normal life because I could not walk, it was terribly heavy," she said.

Her partner and coach Eva Horklová were also nervous, but they were heading for their goal. "We have been hoping for that all the time, and we've done everything we can to get to the Olympics, and the doctor has planned the surgery as soon as possible and with such a method to get it done as quickly as possible and to have at least a month of preparation," she said Dušková.

Before Christmas, she returned to the ice and on December 23 she tried the first simple axel. Even though she must not jump at that time. After Christmas came in double jumps and shortly after the start of the new year triple jumps.

At the same time, Dušková has to strengthen the right leg, because it is her landing foot. Training and competing downtime (well, it is probably not the right word - I mean the time without training anc competing) is known. In the Olympic season, they competed only in the qulification is September. For about three months, they did not skate with each other. "When we skate our programmes, a short program and a free skate, we have to train it regularly and in full lenght. We have to go together and the coordination goes away when we don't skate it together for a long time." Dušková said. (You know, the spins, jumps and everything should by done in the same way, same time, ... and it takes time to synchronize that....)

Like the start of the season

Bidař trained alone. "I've been working on solo jumps again, that's good, and now we can do everything, it'll be good," he said. They are now in a similar situation as before the Olympic Qualification. "We went back to what we already knew, and we did not want to put any bigger or harder element in. We wanted to improve the quality of what we know and I think we are doing now," said Bidar.

Eighteen-year figure skaters are looking forward to the Olympic premiere. They want to take a clean short program and be advanced to the free skate. They will leave on February 5, the short program of pairs is scheduled on February 14th.

Translated by Google, improved by me (sometimes it was no sense, this sentenses are my notes when it might be unclear).

I have to said - I am happy, a was a bit sad when I noticed that Anna is injured and they will miss Europeans. I hope they will preforme their best at the OG. I thought at the beginning of the season that they might preform 3Lz as solo jump but their 3T will be OK in this situation.

And one more new - Anna post on her Instagram taht she grew up 5 centimeters since May. I hope that it will not case any problems. It is quite a lot.

LRK

Record Breaker
Thank you for sharing this news! I'm so glad they will be back, and wish them the best at the Olympics.:)

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Great news! Very happy they're back and training fully :hap10:

Jana

On the Ice
I'm really proud of them. Great performance after such serious injury and 3 weeks of training (and only one competition this season). No one (not even their coach) believed that they could be advanced to the free program. They deserve it.

They are also very lucky. Now, during the Olympics, a lot of articles and interviews have been published saying that the pause could be 6-9 months, and they are back after 2 months.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
So happy with their skates. Besides the jumps, I think they did seriously great. I'm really impressed with their free, and the amount of transitions in the program.