Christina Carreira & Anthony Ponomarenko | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Christina Carreira & Anthony Ponomarenko

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Carreira/Ponomarenko will likely get the tie breaker for teams with 2 seconds, with 305.57 pts, which is more than Abachkina/Thauron

Their best FD was second highest so far at 94.09.

R

rafapab

Carreira/Ponomarenko will likely get the tie breaker for teams with 2 seconds, with 305.57 pts, which is more than Abachkina/Thauron

no need to look at points , Abashlina/Thauron is best because they have a first place and no Carreira/Ponomarenko

But it's true , 305.57 is good , is not easy for Shpilevaya/S make 154.08 and last year Skoptcova/A make 148.75 , can they won 5 points in one year ??

Last edited by a moderator:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Yes, that is the question.

Since we have not seen Skoptcova/Aleshin this season, we have no idea how they will score. Junior teams especially improve a lot year over year. However, Carreira & Ponomarenko have scored higher than both McNamara and Carpenter and the Parsons in a free dance this season. Exceeding their scores is a big ask.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I have no doubts that Carreira/Ponomarenko will qualify (deservedly) to jGPF, their score is way too high for Scoptsova/Aleshin.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Unless, S&A win an event, of course. Unlikely, but chance does strange things, people that should win get sick, or have an injury.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Unless, S&A win an event, of course. Unlikely, but chance does strange things, people that should win get sick, or have an injury.

Yes, that's always a possibility too. Let's hope that everyone will be healthy and clean :)

chameleon

On the Ice
Very solid competition for them, especially when you consider that they were the youngest team, the least experienced, and with the shortest partnership. I hope they've gained some confidence and will skate well at Nationals!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

chameleon

On the Ice

s_parks

Record Breaker
They skated extremely well here, possibly their best yet, and now they're off to junior worlds with a surprise silver medal. I wish them luck there and hope they have two great skates.

In case anyone wants to see their programs but doesn't have IN, they've been uploaded.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x59av96_us-c-2017-christina-carreira-anthony-ponomarenko-sd_sport

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x59avar_us-c-2017-christina-carreira-anthony-ponomarenko-fd_sport

Thanks so much for the links!

chameleon

On the Ice
Wow wow wow. Third in the FD and third OVERALL. I'm so proud of these two for their amazing season. They were clearly nervous here but they pushed past it and got it done. They'll be going into next season as the favorites to win JW and I hope it gives them confidence.

Their FD: https://youtu.be/vzfZUEetv34

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I watched their FD and it's probably my favorite skate to Exogenesis (sorry Ashley and Sergei!) this season. The bronze was well deserved for these two up and comers.

They have lots of speed, sophistication and complex choreo for a junior team who are only 16. I understand that ice dance is in Anthony's genes but he's such a great skater already. Christina has a lot of charisma (she kind of reminds me of young Madison Chock in that regard) but as others have noted could use more ballet lessons.

Looking forward to them dominating US junior ice dance until they are eligible to turn senior, they have great potential if they stay together for the long haul.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
A long interview with Anthony and Christina

http://www.goldenskate.com/2017/09/carreira-ponomarenko/

Congratulations on winning jgp Austria!

Their programs this season:

SD Rhumba: Quizas, Quizas, Quizas by Sarita Monitel, Cha Cha: Perhaps Perhaps Perhaps performed by The Pussycat Dolls, Samba: Conga by Gloria Estefan; choreo by Igor Shpilband
FD Dance For Me Wallis (from "W.E." soundtrack) by Abel Korzeniowski, Abdication (from "W.E." soundtrack) by Abel Korzeniowski; choreo by Igor Shpilband

Last edited:

sunn1ly

On the Ice
Christina and Anthony are really two young, beautiful, charismatic and talented people. They didn't have that much luck on their last competitions but I wish them even more successful next season. Watching videos my attention was naturally drawn more to Anthony but live they look very good together as a team and are balanced. Also Christina live is even more beautiful and look like a sunny girl always smiling and friendly towards everybody.

chameleon

On the Ice
Christina and Anthony are really two young, beautiful, charismatic and talented people. They didn't have that much luck on their last competitions but I wish them even more successful next season. Watching videos my attention was naturally drawn more to Anthony but live they look very good together as a team and are balanced. Also Christina live is even more beautiful and look like a sunny girl always smiling and friendly towards everybody.

Ah, you were in Sofia? That sounds great! I'd love to hear more about your impressions. Are you planning to do a full writeup?

I'm sure they're disappointed by how their season ended, but they've progressed a lot and still had very good results. I wonder if they will move up.

slider11

Medalist
US senior ice dance is pretty crowded right now. I would suggest that they hang in another year at juniors and hopefully win a world gold.

chameleon

On the Ice
To update, Christina said on Twitter awhile back that they will be competing in seniors this season, and announced their music today.

RD: Jealousy Tango and Yo Soy Maria
FD: Tokio Myers Medley