elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Lovely pictures...:luv17::agree2:

The Finn

Record Breaker
They did a great job in SD today. For some reason ISU haven't downloaded their video yet but I am sure they will at some point.

Anyway, they scored about 61 points which is their PB. This was also their 1st time when they scored above 60 points. Well done.

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
They were wonderful!! Video is in the Brisbane thread from Mao88... Fingers crossed for the FD. Best of luck!!

luckyguy

Match Penalty
An interview with them (3 weeks old, in Russian and nice to watch even without language skills). Nevertheless maybe can someone make a summary of the interview.

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
:thank: for posting. Interesting interview despite the garbled Google translation.. especially regarding Sophia's FD Swan Lake ballet costume and how much the dance was inspired by the film. They really seemed to enjoy their Lake Placid experience.

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
Finally they go to the gpf :agree:. I do like the Swan Lake fd but the music cuts are a bit jarring and the judges don't seem to be a fan either. Still, I hope they win a medal!

Giselle

Medalist
So they were at the Open Andorra 2017 this week-end and won the junior competition.

Here is the results page. Levels were not very good especially in the SD, I'm starting to worry about them :(

There are no video AFAIK but Alex posted a picture of them with their medals on Instagram. Sofia has a new FD costume and it's a vast improvement from the old one IMO.

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
Looking forward to their performances in the up-coming JGPF!! Good Luck!! :love::clap:

Giselle

Medalist
Here is a video of their SD at Open Andorra 2017.
Definitely not their best performance, a few stumbles by Sofia (before the twizzles, during the step sequence,...). They really need to hit the key points in the pattern to be competitive at the JGPF.

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
That was an amazing FD performance at JGPF! Forgot they were on skates... thought they should have placed higher really but SO well done. Did they Medal at Andorra?

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
That was an amazing FD performance at JGPF! Forgot they were on skates... thought they should have placed higher really but SO well done. Did they Medal at Andorra?

Yup. Third year in a row they won gold :)

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
Thank you, icedinn!!! So on to Russian Nationals, I guess. They are here to stay; cannot wait to see what their future holds... lovely lovely youngsters!!

Giselle

Medalist
Honestly, I have no words, 4th again and (probably) no Junior Worlds...

After beating all of the Russian teams but Skoptsova/Aleshin at the GPF they get ditched again!!! What do they have to do to medal at nationals? I bet if Khudaiberdieva/Nazarov skated well they would have been in front too. Plus Shpilevaya/Smirnov were I injured. So Russia thinks of them as only their 7th best team :unsure: