Sofia Polishchuk & Alexander Vakhnov | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Sofia Polishchuk & Alexander Vakhnov

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
So disappointed for them! I have never understood Russian scoring logic... it seems to avoid my favorites time and again. :gaah: guess there is an inverse relationship between program/skating one truly enjoys and technical winners... I hope they don't get discouraged. What happens for them now? Will we see them next year, I hope? :shocked:

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
Ain't gonna lie, im also disappointed. However there's going to be a few teams moving up to seniors come next season so I definitely think they'll finally get in next year.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Ain't gonna lie, im also disappointed. However there's going to be a few teams moving up to seniors come next season so I definitely think they'll finally get in next year.

They really should make it next season, even if Ushakova/Nekrasov and Shevchenko/Eremenko would still be ranked ahead of them. Khudaiberdieva/Nazarov and Konkina/Yakushev are also very good teams though and a lot can happen in one year.

In any case, Shevchenko/Eremenko, Khudaiberdieva/Nazarov and Konkina/Yakushev will all have to move to seniors after next season, so, there will be a lot of room on top for Polishchuk/Vakhnov after next season. The only other top team remaining after next season will be Ushakova/Nekrasov. Then again I am kind of hoping that Tyutyunina/Shustitskiy would be one of the top teams by then.

Giselle

Medalist
So Sofia & Alexander have split.

Alexander is rumored to have teamed up with Ksenia Konkina...

Both Sofia and Grigory are looking online for new partners. To say I'm gutted is an understatement. For me they had IT factor like Ilinykh/Katsalapov.

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
Oh No!!! Well that's that I guess... really really disappointed. Hope Sofia finds her new partner soon and best of luck to Alex.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Damn, I hate that they have split up. They were one of my favourites.

I would think it must have been a very difficult decision since they had skated nine seasons together already.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
OMG 😱😱😱 I’m shocked and disappointed with this news. They were my favourite Russian junior ice dance couple. I loved their Romeo & Juliet last year. I’ve just rewatched their Black Swan from the JGP final, it was amazing. They looked so happy and content in the K&C. They were so balletic and had a real star quality.

Sad news😢 Have they really been together 9 years? That means they paired up at 7&9. He is very easy on the eye. I wish them both the best of luck moving forward.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Have they really been together 9 years? That means they paired up at 7&9. He is very easy on the eye. I wish them both the best of luck moving forward.

Yes, this season was their 9th season together. Note that the short interview is from Feb 2017.

http://www.fsrussia.ru/news/2832-so...zhem-s-zakrytymi-glazami-katatsya-vmeste.html

By the way, even their international career was a long one since they are the 2010 NRW Trophy champions (basic novice category, obviously).

Giselle

Medalist
Sad news😢 Have they really been together 9 years? That means they paired up at 7&9. He is very easy on the eye. I wish them both the best of luck moving forward.

Yes, they have been together for so long. Here is a video of them from 7 years ago.

It's so frustrating, I was thinking they were going to switch coaches since it seems that their coach has no political power in Russia, but to hear that they have split :noshake:

The Finn

Record Breaker
Did Polishchuk and Yakushev teamed up or not? It kind of looks like it didn't happen and if so are there any rumors about their new partners?

The Finn

Record Breaker
I don't know if this is true or not but it is rumored that Polishchuk is skating with German Shamraev now. If true I don't know what to think about that.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I don't know if this is true or not but it is rumored that Polishchuk is skating with German Shamraev now. If true I don't know what to think about that.

This is true. They are listed for the first stage of the Russian Cup in juniors.

The Finn

Record Breaker
New video interview of Konkina / Vakhnov where Vakhnov apparently speaks shortly about reasons why he and Polishchuk split up among other things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hn9RSU2Et8

Short summary about what was said.

briefly: how to create a pair - Xenia and Grisha parted as a sports unit by mutual decision, growth became critical, for a while skating alone. The PV situation is different - there, according to Alexander, Sonya had a conflict with Lyapina, she offered to change the coach, Sasha refused, eventually Sonya left, Vakhnov for a while skated alone, then learned that Xenia was free and called her. Tried in both groups - Gorshkova and Lyapina, decided to skate with Lyapina.

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
Just wondering if she had a partner, is skating, and will compete this season. If not, I will miss her; she is, to me, a breath of fresh air..

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just wondering if she had a partner, is skating, and will compete this season. If not, I will miss her; she is, to me, a breath of fresh air..

No clue on that front, sorry. Gorshkov did say she was practicing so at least she is still skating.