Sofia Polishchuk & Alexander Vakhnov | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Sofia Polishchuk & Alexander Vakhnov

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
ThanK you RemyRose!! Then I look forward to seeing her in the future...

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
ThanK you RemyRose!! Then I look forward to seeing her in the future...

She found a partner by the way. She is competing this weekend at the first Cup of Russia. RD was today ;) I think she trains in Krylova's group, Volkov was with her and her partner.

Lana05

Final Flight
Her partner is German Shamraev
They got 50,03 in RD and 70,24 in FD. 120,27 overall and 7th place
I understand that they are a new team but her ex-partner is already at JGP and got a medal with higher points. I don't know what was her argue with coach that she decided to leave but this is probably not what she wanted. Hope thet will rise later and Geman will improve his level of skating

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
Her partner is German Shamraev
They got 50,03 in RD and 70,24 in FD. 120,27 overall and 7th place
I understand that they are a new team but her ex-partner is already at JGP and got a medal with higher points. I don't know what was her argue with coach that she decided to leave but this is probably not what she wanted. Hope thet will rise later and Geman will improve his level of skating

Thanks for the info. Wonder if Sofia has made any comment about the change. Congrats to Alex for the JGP Silver Medal!!

The Finn

Record Breaker
Congrats to Alex for the JGP Silver Medal!!

They got bronze not silver which means that their 2nd JGP event might be in jeopardy if Russian Fed will refuse to replace Davis / Smolkin because of political reasons.

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
Appreciate the video posts The Finn!! They seem well matched and hopefully they will continue; I llike them... I noted the medal change from silver to bronze as I read further... hope Alex heals well and quickly..
Many thanks!!

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Disappointing for Vakhnov that his new partnership has already split. I’m not sure their balletic style worked for Konkina, Spartacus would have been a perfect for him and Sofia. It’s a big jump for her to skate with Drozd. Is she at his level?

Did we ever find out the reason what he and Sofia split? I’m not convinced of the future for her and her new partner, I’m not sure they will even make Junior nationals this year.

elysium

On the Ice
Sofia Polishchuk & Alexander Vakhnov

Did we ever find out the reason what he and Sofia split? I’m not convinced of the future for her and her new partner, I’m not sure they will even make Junior nationals this year.

Vakhnov said in an interview that Sofia had a fall out with their coach and decided to switch coach, but Vakhnov wanted to stay. So the relation between themselves might not be so bad.

The Finn

Record Breaker
I’m not convinced of the future for her and her new partner, I’m not sure they will even make Junior nationals this year.

They have already skated both of their Cup events and I am pretty sure that 7th and 6th placements isn't going to qualify them to the Junior Nationals. At the moment only 6 teams will qualify by skating Russian Cup events but this number can rise to 7 teams if Konkina/Vakhnov have indeed split up. In any case those 7 teams will most likely be found among the teams who have placed in TOP 5 at the first three Cup events.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Sofia & German had a pretty good RD at the Volvo Open Cup. They are 4th after RD and Sofia seemed pleased with their score which was better than what they had got at their domestic Russian Cup events.

I wonder how much they regret that they decided to skate early Russian Cup events because they might have qualified for the Junior Nationals if they had decided to skate late events. Usually it is not a bad idea to skate early events but it didn't make sense here because they were a new team.

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
Sofia and German seem to be a great physical match; skating skills will likely level out between them before long.. I like their grit, determination and style

The Finn

Record Breaker
Sofia & German dropped to 5th but nevertheless this was their best FD of the season. Especially since they had to wait quite a bit before they could skate their FD. This happened because their FD music didn't play and it seemed that their coaches had to find playable FD music from their phones. There were other teams also whose FD music didn't play at first.

In any case they did pretty well here, too bad that they will not qualify for the Junior Nationals.

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
Sofia and German have done well considering the short time they have been together... an evolving process for them I think, one worth pursuing.

Vakhnov and Konkina did extremely well this season so I wonder if the rumored split is fact or conjecture...would be a shame if they did not continue. Enjoyed their performances ...

The Finn

Record Breaker
Vakhnov and Konkina did extremely well this season so I wonder if the rumored split is fact or conjecture...would be a shame if they did not continue. Enjoyed their performances ...

It is true. They have split up.

“Quite recently, we got together with Ksenia Konkina and will ride together. We have similar, lofty goals, we understand each other perfectly, so I hope that soon our union will bear worthy results,” said Drozd.

https://rsport.ria.ru/figure_skating/20181105/1145470165.html

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
Many thanks for the confirmation... but, oh gosh, what happens to Vakhnov now? Is he looking for another partner? :scratch2: :shocked: