Kailani Craine | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Kailani Craine

GF2445

Record Breaker
Well done for doing such a great job with the SP. not the points she wanted, but she just got herself a huge booster in confidence. And people noticed her.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So. much. underscore. *scowl*

She absolutely killed that performance factor, though!

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
VERY underscored!! She was absolutely phenomenal, underrotation or no underrotation. Definitely proved that Nebelhorn was not a fluke. So excited to see her absolutely kill it in the FS tomorrow!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
VERY underscored!! She was absolutely phenomenal, underrotation or no underrotation. Definitely proved that Nebelhorn was not a fluke. So excited to see her absolutely kill it in the FS tomorrow!

Me too! Fingers crossed she can hold position - or even sneak it up one, that would be even better!

GF2445

Record Breaker
Me too! Fingers crossed she can hold position - or even sneak it up one, that would be even better!

If she can get 8th place, that would be miraculous and sp good for Australia.
It will be a tough ask because Marin Honda, who is in tenth, will likely skate a stronger free. She is also around 5 points behind Laurine.

But what is important for Kailani is experience competing at the big competitions with that fierce compettive attitude she has. If she keeps landing those jumps on one foot in competition, sooner or later, she will land them cleanly eventually. She plans to do a triple triple lutz and toe in the free.

GF2445

Record Breaker
The important thing is that Kailani got experience, and people noticed her.
She might not have the skating skills of a champion at the moment, but she has the mindset and presence of a top skater.

GF2445

Record Breaker
I love Kailani's attitude as an athlete.

Also, I really want Kailani to be awarded a second grand prix assignment, to replace Zijun.

GrandmaCC

On the Ice
I love Kailani's attitude as an athlete.

Also, I really want Kailani to be awarded a second grand prix assignment, to replace Zijun.

Amen!!

Does anyone know where all the Olympic promos are being broadcast?
I haven’t seen anything in the paper on TV re our uniforms (I assume the jacket photos on Instagram today were from the official unveiling?), anything about any of the athletes, anything at all.

Is everything online or something? (Unless I missed Kailani on the news tonight).
I haven’t seen the promo piece she shot months ago, either, I think it was for Chanel 9? Where she’s wearing her SP outfit and is surrounded by artificial snow?
Initially I thought it must’ve been filmed to use when the games roll around, but if so I doubt she would’ve been allowed to post so much on Instagram already.

Oh well, ultimately Kailani is going to the Olympics, that news made my week!! She’s such a deserving athlete and will do us proud :) now to hope she does indeed nab another Grand Prix spot!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It'll be Channel 7 - they (unfortunately) have the broadcast rights. I believe there were pieces on the news last night but I got home after the news.

GrandmaCC

On the Ice
It'll be Channel 7 - they (unfortunately) have the broadcast rights. I believe there were pieces on the news last night but I got home after the news.

Thanks, Karne.
Ah, that was my mistake, tuned into 10 :( although seriously, with 60 minuets to fill you’d think they could throw us a bone...just pretend for a moment that winter sports are an actual thing.
There wasn’t anything in the papers over the weekend either, maybe Eastern states ran pieces? Who knows :(
Wonder what the promos will be like this time around when we eventually get them?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Thanks, Karne.
Ah, that was my mistake, tuned into 10 :( although seriously, with 60 minuets to fill you’d think they could throw us a bone...just pretend for a moment that winter sports are an actual thing.
There wasn’t anything in the papers over the weekend either, maybe Eastern states ran pieces? Who knows :(
Wonder what the promos will be like this time around when we eventually get them?

I wish it was 10, they did a great job of the Sochi coverage. 7's Rio coverage was appalling enough, I don't want to think about how it will be for Korea.

I saw a few stories on my twitter feed from news.com.au and the Sydney Morning Herald, but they were all focused on Harley and that he will be our first Indigenous Olympian.

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
I have a feeling that channel 7's coverage is gonna be ghastly! And yes, channel 10's coverage in Sochi was fantastic!

GF2445

Record Breaker
As long as they give us the option of having a live app with the streaming i'll be happy

GrandmaCC

On the Ice
I :love: her personality! She is just delightful!

Isn’t she just!! Loved her post skate interview :) cannot wait to see her skate today (not that I’m counting down the hours or anything lol). So proud of her fighting through to the FS, and so cannot wait to see this next FS costume!