Kailani Craine | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Kailani Craine

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
toots, this is a fan fest thread for Kailani.

Here are fan fest general guidelines:

Please read before posting-Rules, Links to Skaters
We understand that everyone has their favorites, and this is the place to gush !

We envision Fan Fests as fun places to read, post, and celebrate your favorites.

Please remember that this forum is not exempt from the Guidelines. As always, be respectful to each other's threads when posting and enjoy!

Fan Fest posters should be able to "gush," but NOT at the expense of another skater or of another skater's fans. That's just rude and and not very constructive.

Nor should folks who do not like a skater go to that skater's Fan Fest to troll or to "police" the fans there.

Have fun!

If you are interested in any and all Australian skaters in general, there is a thread for cheering on team Australia:
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?41646-Australian-figure-skaters

And if you'd like to start a fan fest for Brooklee, please do! I know she has fans here!

toots

Rinkside
Did you seriously post your only two posts in this thread since registering to accuse Kailani of buying instagram followers? Pathetic. Get out.
Radniova only has 42.5. It just seems incredible!

Alex D

Record Breaker
Uu

Nice to see her moving up isn't it?

It is, but with any skater for that matter. To get a new PB always shows that the athlete has improved and this is what is so important for us humans. If we can not improve or learn, then we will sooner or later stop moving forwards and become stuck and that's never good.

:)

skaterfan2501

Rinkside
Did Kailani secure a place for Australia at the Youth Olympic Games after final JGP? It was up to her because she had both Colorado and Spain?

Alex D

Record Breaker
Did Kailani secure a place for Australia at the Youth Olympic Games after final JGP? It was up to her because she had both Colorado and Spain?

What was the criteria for that? She came 12th and 8th...

I must admit that I am not aware of the FS regulations in Australia, ask me about Snowboard however :cheer:

Edit:

I updated the OP a tiny bit, added the article that GF2445 so kindly added. :) and tagged the interview links properly.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Kailani at Ice Challange

Small heads up, for Kailani at Graz,

Kailani CRAINE
AUS

In her SP, she landed all her jumps, triple Flip, double Axel, triple loop - double loop, though the judges didn´t like her edge on the Flip. Her SP score was 49.70 and as always she showed great expression and fun in her entertaining program.

Video

The Flip worked much better in her long, when she opened with a flawless one, yet her triple Lutz gave her some trouble and the judges didn't like the edge there now :hslap:
Even though there were some issues in the program, she kept going for it and tried to land her other elements and kept a positive expression and stayed in character at all times. In total she received 91.89 and showed a gorgeous layback at the end.

Video

Good job young lady :hap57:

Last edited:

skaterfan2501

Rinkside
Small heads up, for Kailani at Graz,

Kailani CRAINE
AUS

In her SP, she landed all her jumps, triple Flip, double Axel, triple loop - double loop, though the judges didn´t like her edge on the Flip. Her SP score was 49.70 and as always she showed great expression and fun in her entertaining program.

Video

The Flip worked much better in her long, when she opened with a flawless one, yet her triple Lutz gave her some trouble and the judges didn't like the edge there now :hslap:
Even though there were some issues in the program, she kept going for it and tried to land her other elements and kept a positive expression and stayed in character at all times. In total she received 91.89 and showed a gorgeous layback at the end.

Video

Good job young lady :hap57:
Do you know why her flying spin in SP got downgraded? It didnt look bad!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Do you know why her flying spin in SP got downgraded? It didnt look bad!

I answered this question in the competition thread. To my naked eye, it looked as though she didn't make a sit position within two revolutions after the fly. Once that happens, it's the end of the story.

She executed the FSSp much better in the FS, the difference was visible.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Kailani Craine, nationals - preperations

Just like Brooklee, also Lani as she is called by her friends, will compete at nationals on the 3th and 4th of December, at Penrith (New South Wales). The competition will start at 19:45 local and Kailani is going to skate as the 10th skater out of 11. May the better lady win ;)

http://www.nswisa.com/results/live/SEG026.HTM
StN.NameNation
1Sarah CULLEN
NSW
2Brooklee HAN
QLD
3Kayla DOIG
QLD
4Harmonie WONG
SA
5Katie PASFIELD
NSW
6Natalie SULLIVAN
QLD
7Bailey WARR
QLD
8Yancey CHAN
QLD
9Amelia SADLER
NSW
10Kailani CRAINE
NSW
11Chantelle KERRY
NSW

[TD="class: grid"][/TD]
[TD="class: grid"] Warm-Up Group 1[/TD]

[TD="class: grid"][/TD]
[TD="class: grid"] Warm-Up Group 2[/TD]

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just wanted to congratulate Kailani on demolishing the field in the Australian Junior Championships!!!

:clap: :rock: :points:

In the FS alone, which just finished, she was nearly 25 points ahead of the second placed girl, Amelia JACKSON!

And, overall, she was nearly 35 points ahead of Amelia, who won the silver medal!

I just hope this effort in the Junior competition won't harm Kailani when she goes back out again in a few hours time for the Senior SP...

:cheer: WELL DONE KAILANI!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

skaterfan2501

Rinkside
Just wanted to congratulate Kailani on demolishing the field in the Australian Junior Championships!!!

:clap: :rock: [emoji14]oints:

In the FS alone, which just finished, she was nearly 25 points ahead of the second placed girl, Amelia JACKSON!

And, overall, she was nearly 35 points ahead of Amelia, who won the silver medal!

I just hope this effort in the Junior competition won't harm Kailani when she goes back out again in a few hours time for the Senior SP...

:cheer: WELL DONE KAILANI!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan
How old is Kailani compared to other girls in Junior? Is she still skating Junior next season?

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
How old is Kailani compared to other girls in Junior? Is she still skating Junior next season?

In terms of the Top 5 in the Junior Championships, Kailani (ISU Bio) is the oldest at 17.

Junior bronze medallist Katie Pasfield (ISU Bio), who is also doing both Junior and Senior Championships, is 12 days younger than Kailani.

Amelia Jackson (ISU Bio), who won the Junior silver medal, is much younger. She is 14.

Emma Carr (ISU Bio) who finished 4[SUP]th[/SUP] in Juniors, is just over 3 weeks older than Amelia.

5[SUP]th[/SUP] place in Juniors was Yancey Chan (ISU Bio). She is another who is doing both Junior and Senior Championships, and is 16.

So, all the Top 5 finishers are still young enough to keep doing Juniors for a few more years. But, Amelia and Emma will have to wait a bit longer until they are able to join Kailani, Katie and Yancey in Seniors.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

skaterfan2501

Rinkside
In terms of the Top 5 in the Junior Championships, Kailani (ISU Bio) is the oldest at 17.

Junior bronze medallist Katie Pasfield (ISU Bio), who is also doing both Junior and Senior Championships, is 12 days younger than Kailani.

Amelia Jackson (ISU Bio), who won the Junior silver medal, is much younger. She is 14.

Emma Carr (ISU Bio) who finished 4[SUP]th[/SUP] in Juniors, is just over 3 weeks older than Amelia.

5[SUP]th[/SUP] place in Juniors was Yancey Chan (ISU Bio). She is another who is doing both Junior and Senior Championships, and is 16.

So, all the Top 5 finishers are still young enough to keep doing Juniors for a few more years. But, Amelia and Emma will have to wait a bit longer until they are able to join Kailani, Katie and Yancey in Seniors.

CaroLiza_fan
Kailani and Amelia gold and silver two years running but senior medal is not on Kailanis ISU bio

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Full report to come tomorrow as I just did the drive home non-stop and am very tired. But I will say this: she had me in tears of joy at the end of her free today. Amazing.

Horseandpony

Rinkside
Yay! I look forward to your report. I really wanted to watch it but then I realised that there was no live stream. :/ Or maybe I just couldn't find it. Isn't there usually a live stream for bigger comps? We had a stream for Victorian States.