Kailani Craine | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Kailani Craine

essence_of_soy

On the Ice
Craine was a machine this week. Her warm - ups were faultless, and the only things she missed were the 3sal after the 3loop sequence in the junior free, and popping a double loop into a single after her double axel combo in the senior free.

She looked fit and focused, and her spins were fast, complex and centered as well.

toots

Rinkside
She looked by far the strongest but lots of talk about why she needed to do both junior and senior as she is obviously a senior skater and quiet a bit older.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
She looked by far the strongest but lots of talk about why she needed to do both junior and senior as she is obviously a senior skater and quiet a bit older.

She's 17, toots.

Get out.

Ekm

On the Ice
She's 17, toots.

Get out.

I don't think there was any negative implications towards Kailani in that. It's plain to see that she's SR ready, and perhaps it would be better if she were allowed to place all her energies there (if doing both is something the fed is pushing). Adding to that she has the most potential internationally of any of the Aussie ladies both at the current moment and for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:

skaterfan2501

Rinkside
I don't think there was any negative implications towards Kailani in that. It's plain to see that she's SR ready, and perhaps it would be better if she were allowed to place all her energies there (if doing both is something the fed is pushing). Adding to that she has the most potentially internationally of any of the Aussie ladies both at the current moment and for the foreseeable future.
Wow Karne is really supersensitive and irrational

skaterfan2501

Rinkside
She's 17, toots.

Get out.
Why are you so rude Karne ? Are you a little upset someone else might ask questions that are relevant? Why is asking someones age an issue unless you are being defensive? It was a relevant question. You really attack anyone who is not super supportive of certain skaters you like but feel quiet ok to put down others. Your behaviour is really indicative of everything that is wrong with this sport in Australia!

edwinaskater1943

On the Ice
Just wanted to congratulate Kailani on demolishing the field in the Australian Junior Championships!!!

:clap: :rock: :points:

In the FS alone, which just finished, she was nearly 25 points ahead of the second placed girl, Amelia JACKSON!

And, overall, she was nearly 35 points ahead of Amelia, who won the silver medal!

I just hope this effort in the Junior competition won't harm Kailani when she goes back out again in a few hours time for the Senior SP...

:cheer: WELL DONE KAILANI!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

I am new to this forum but pretty disgusted at some of the nasty behaviour on here which seems to be ever present in Australian figure skating. Yes we all know Kailani is fabulous but is it necessary to be so disrespectful to other skaters. Kailani beat 18 other skaters not just Amelia Jackson who incidentally was out for 2-3 months this year with injury. Yes she won by a lot but she also beat Brooklee who went to the olympics by heaps in senior. Support you favourites but don't be horrible as it makes you look like Tonya Harding & co. Other people have mentioned kailani not needing to do both senior and junior but it was probably so she would clean up all the prize money ?

edwinaskater1943

On the Ice
In terms of the Top 5 in the Junior Championships, Kailani (ISU Bio) is the oldest at 17.

Junior bronze medallist Katie Pasfield (ISU Bio), who is also doing both Junior and Senior Championships, is 12 days younger than Kailani.

Amelia Jackson (ISU Bio), who won the Junior silver medal, is much younger. She is 14.

Emma Carr (ISU Bio) who finished 4[SUP]th[/SUP] in Juniors, is just over 3 weeks older than Amelia.

5[SUP]th[/SUP] place in Juniors was Yancey Chan (ISU Bio). She is another who is doing both Junior and Senior Championships, and is 16.

So, all the Top 5 finishers are still young enough to keep doing Juniors for a few more years. But, Amelia and Emma will have to wait a bit longer until they are able to join Kailani, Katie and Yancey in Seniors.

CaroLiza_fan

How old do you have to be to compete in senior? Didn't Amelia Sadler skate both as well?

skaterfan2501

Rinkside
How old do you have to be to compete in senior? Didn't Amelia Sadler skate both as well?
You have to be 15 for senior
I am new to this forum but pretty disgusted at some of the nasty behaviour on here which seems to be ever present in Australian figure skating. Yes we all know Kailani is fabulous but is it necessary to be so disrespectful to other skaters. Kailani beat 18 other skaters not just Amelia Jackson who incidentally was out for 2-3 months this year with injury. Yes she won by a lot but she also beat Brooklee who went to the olympics by heaps in senior. Support you favourites but don't be horrible as it makes you look like Tonya Harding & co. Other people have mentioned kailani not needing to do both senior and junior but it was probably so she would clean up all the prize money ?

skaterfan2501

Rinkside
Agree. Its really sad that there is such a history of this in Australia. I am constantly suprised at how parents feel free to attack others when ever they feel threatened. Australian skating is the best its ever been - lets celebrate it!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just came back into this thread for the first time in a week or so.

Yes, I do agree with you about there being a lot of negativity around Australian skating. And Australian sport in general.

But, why are you quoting my post as an example?! :confused:

All I was doing was stating the numbers!

The only reason I mentioned Amelia was to give the gap that Kailani won by.

You see, this is a thread for talking specifically about Kailani.

There is a separate thread for talking about Australian skating in general, and another thread for talking specifically about this year's Australian Championships.

So, rather than anything sinister, my comment was written the way it was to keep the thread on topic.

Although it can't be avoided at times, threads going off topic is frowned upon on this forum. So, I do try to keep things on topic as best as I can.

I am sorry if my attempt to do this offended you.

Hope this clears things up.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Agree. Its really sad that there is such a history of this in Australia. I am constantly suprised at how parents feel free to attack others when ever they feel threatened. Australian skating is the best its ever been - lets celebrate it!

Hear Hear! :agree: :clap: :points:

(Or is it "Here Here"? I've never actually needed to write it down before, so I don't know! :laugh: :slink: )

CaroLiza_fan

skaterfan2501

Rinkside
Just came back into this thread for the first time in a week or so.

Yes, I do agree with you about there being a lot of negativity around Australian skating. And Australian sport in general.

But, why are you quoting my post as an example?! :confused:

All I was doing was stating the numbers!

The only reason I mentioned Amelia was to give the gap that Kailani won by.

You see, this is a thread for talking specifically about Kailani.

There is a separate thread for talking about Australian skating in general, and another thread for talking specifically about this year's Australian Championships.

So, rather than anything sinister, my comment was written the way it was to keep the thread on topic.

Although it can't be avoided at times, threads going off topic is frowned upon on this forum. So, I do try to keep things on topic as best as I can.

I am sorry if my attempt to do this offended you.

Hope this clears things up.

CaroLiza_fan
It did seem you were making a particular point noted by a few at our rink given there has been lots of talk that the only reason Kailani skated both (or was told to) was so Jackson wouldnt get the title...but thats just rink gossip! Yes it is just a board about her so keep it that way!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
It did seem you were making a particular point noted by a few at our rink given there has been lots of talk that the only reason Kailani skated both (or was told to) was so Jackson wouldnt get the title...but thats just rink gossip! Yes it is just a board about her so keep it that way!

Wow! I'm actually shocked to hear that people would even suggest something like that. :jaw:

Are feelings really that bad in Australian skating?! :eek:

I knew there were bad feelings between Brooklee and Chantelle, but didn't realise that there were bad feelings elsewhere.

There again, I am on the other side of the world. And the only place where I hear anything about what is going on in Australian skating is on here. So, I realise I'm not hearing everything that is going on.

But, I am upset to hear this. I thought Kailani was a really nice girl that everybody liked. I didn't realise that there was another side to her (or, should that be, to her team).

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Kailani is still of an age at which she can compete in both events and there is no rule precluding her doing so. This is far from the first year she has done it, either.

I am content to imagine that she chose to challenge herself in this way and that it had nothing to do with anyone else in Australian skating, particularly not the vicious rumourmongers...

edwinaskater1943

On the Ice
Kailani is still of an age at which she can compete in both events and there is no rule precluding her doing so. This is far from the first year she has done it, either.

I am content to imagine that she chose to challenge herself in this way and that it had nothing to do with anyone else in Australian skating, particularly not the vicious rumourmongers...

Yes it was the second year she won both junior and senior titles. No one has ever competed both two years in a row especially after winning the senior title. Brooklee could have done it but never chose to. It was not a challenge for her to do junior as she knew she would clearly win. At the end of the day she has to live with taking someone else's spot on the squad and yes it was her choice but comes at a cost of having that reputation. Good on her if she can hold her head up and not care but for fellow team mates.She is a true competitor in every sense. I just wonder how favourably it would have been if Brooklee did it!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yes it was the second year she won both junior and senior titles. No one has ever competed both two years in a row especially after winning the senior title. Brooklee could have done it but never chose to. It was not a challenge for her to do junior as she knew she would clearly win. At the end of the day she has to live with taking someone else's spot on the squad and yes it was her choice but comes at a cost of having that reputation. Good on her if she can hold her head up and not care but for fellow team mates.She is a true competitor in every sense. I just wonder how favourably it would have been if Brooklee did it!

Well, this is a lie. Sarah Cullen I believe did several years of both.

I am quite sure Kailani won't have cost anybody a place on the squad.

The Fan Fests are supposed to be a place for positive discussion, not outlandish conspiracy theories.

edwinaskater1943

On the Ice

The Fan Fests are supposed to be a place for positive discussion, not outlandish conspiracy theories.

It's actually fact as Emma Carr missed out who came 4th in junior as they only took top 3.

skaterfan2501

Rinkside

Wow when did Sarah Cullen won both titles ?

Alex D

Record Breaker
I am not "joining" any gossip in sport and never will do, but just for the record, if someone does beat someone, then because he or she was the better athlete. This is the essence of sports, you have to beat others and there is nothing wrong about doing this. Nobody want´s to win something, just because another did not compete.

That´s it for now, more about nationals at some other time, but for now, well done young lady and ignore the haters :thumbsup: