Kailani Craine | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Kailani Craine

edwinaskater1943

On the Ice
I am not "joining" any gossip in sport and never will do, but just for the record, if someone does beat someone, then because he or she was the better athlete. This is the essence of sports, you have to beat others and there is nothing wrong about doing this. Nobody want´s to win something, just because another did not compete.

That´s it for now, more about nationals at some other time, but for now, well done young lady and ignore the haters :thumbsup:

No one is debating Kailani being the supreme athlete just her choice to compete in two levels one of which she has won 4 or 5 times. She is clearly a senior level skater and there are reasons why the USA and other leading nations do not allow it. I think you are all missing the point completely ! Personally I hope she still skates JGP this year as she is our best!

Alex D

Record Breaker
This is off topic now,

but many skaters who do singles, compete at junior and senior level at the same time. Having more opportunities to skate competitive, will make you a better athlete, I wonder if you also complained about Yuna Kim competing at the NRW Trophy prior to the Olympics, as she is the supreme athlete and of course should only compete at worlds and the GP final... as she stole the victory from someone at Dortmund, right?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with an athlete competing at what is available to him or her, same rights for everyone and Lani does love to skate, she is doing it because it´s fun and I find it very rude and disrespectful to attack her for this, claiming she is after fame and money and to take things away from others.

I am sorry, but this is a fan thread and it is supposed to be a place to support athletes. Since day one, Kailani is being attacked here, I almost regret having made this thread, as it must look to her, that she is not welcome here, which sucks.

Too many forget, that skaters read along here and the current picture of this thread is not pretty to say the least.

edwinaskater1943

On the Ice
This is off topic now,

but many skaters who do singles, compete at junior and senior level at the same time. Having more opportunities to skate competitive, will make you a better athlete, I wonder if you also complained about Yuna Kim competing at the NRW Trophy prior to the Olympics, as she is the supreme athlete and of course should only compete at worlds and the GP final... as she stole the victory from someone at Dortmund, right?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with an athlete competing at what is available to him or her, same rights for everyone and Lani does love to skate, she is doing it because it´s fun and I find it very rude and disrespectful to attack her for this, claiming she is after fame and money and to take things away from others.

I am sorry, but this is a fan thread and it is supposed to be a place to support athletes. Since day one, Kailani is being attacked here, I almost regret having made this thread, as it must look to her, that she is not welcome here, which sucks.

Too many forget, that skaters read along here and the current picture of this thread is not pretty to say the least.

Yes it's common at international competitions but actually not allowed at many nationals ... There is a difference. I believe Kailani is skating senior at all her upcoming competitions except for junior worlds where I hope she does great . She is a really talented skater . She has also released another video with lots of bikini shots

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
I wandered over here after catching up on skaters I hadn't yet watched from 4CC, including the Australian ladies. I haven't followed Australia skaters too closely, but Kailani really caught my attention here. She has a very engaging style and personality on the ice, seems technically gifted, and looks like a good competitor too. If she fixes her edge issues and continues to improve, I think she could be top ten in the world or higher. Nice to see Tiffany Chin as her coach! My impression is that Kailani's home actually is Australia. Does she train in the US full time?

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
It's really not that uncommon for skaters to compete at both junior and senior levels in the same year. The Canadian pair Seguin and Bilodeau did it last year, and I can't remember anyone criticizing them for it. They skated juniors in the Junior Grand Prix. They skated senior at Nationals. Then, they went to both junior and seniors worlds! They could have gone to 4CC as well, but didn't because they chose junior worlds instead.

There's always a problem with skaters who are on the edge between juniors and seniors. If they go to senior nationals but then to junior worlds, there's grumbling because they are taking a worlds place away from the junior medalists. Sometimes they take all the places, so even the junior national champ doesn't get to go to worlds. This causes more grumbling: why hold junior nationals at all, blah, blah, blah.

Here Kailani is being criticized for going to both senior and junior nationals. I don't think that is allowed in Canada, and maybe Australia should think about that. But if it's allowed, it's allowed, and slagging her for it is really unkind.

There's no perfect solution for the junior/senior skater, except time. That always works to resolve the dilemma, at least until the next junior/senior comes along.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I wandered over here after catching up on skaters I hadn't yet watched from 4CC, including the Australian ladies. I haven't followed Australia skaters too closely, but Kailani really caught my attention here. She has a very engaging style and personality on the ice, seems technically gifted, and looks like a good competitor too. If she fixes her edge issues and continues to improve, I think she could be top ten in the world or higher. Nice to see Tiffany Chin as her coach! My impression is that Kailani's home actually is Australia. Does she train in the US full time?

*grinds teeth* And exactly what are you implying? All of the Team Australia skaters at Four Continents are just that, Australian. ALL OF THEM.

I believe she trains in the US part of the year, but she has not finished school yet so that might play a role. I imagine that when school is done, like Brendan, she may end up training full time overseas. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
*grinds teeth* And exactly what are you implying? All of the Team Australia skaters at Four Continents are just that, Australian. ALL OF THEM.

I believe she trains in the US part of the year, but she has not finished school yet so that might play a role. I imagine that when school is done, like Brendan, she may end up training full time overseas. And there's nothing wrong with that.
Whoa, chill out please:cool: I really don't follow Australian skaters, but based on random general info I thought a couple were permanently based in the US (don't recall who exactly, and don't really care), so I was just curious about Kailani. The point of my post was only to express admiration for this skater whom I'd not seen or heard of before.

Last edited:

skaterfan2501

Rinkside
No one is debating Kailani being the supreme athlete just her choice to compete in two levels one of which she has won 4 or 5 times. She is clearly a senior level skater and there are reasons why the USA and other leading nations do not allow it. I think you are all missing the point completely ! Personally I hope she still skates JGP this year as she is our best!
If she skates the JGP she should skate Junior worlds.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Lani still goes to school yes, at the St Francis Xavier High School Hamilton, NSW. She does have two training facilities, Hunter Ice Skating Stadium at Warners Bay and Toyota Center at El Segundo, US where she is about two months each year.

Here is an article pre 4CC, where she is talking about her current level of skating and how the practice looks like.

I’ve been training five sessions a day every day except Sunday. I feel really good going into this comp and my programs are really consistent

http://www.owia.org/figure-skating-...ni-target-pbs-at-four-continents-championship

And here is her video from 4CC

Click

It´s really well done and gives you a bit of a clue, how her skating life looks like. :love:

Last edited:

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Thanks so much for the info, Alex! I wish Kailani all the best in her skating career😊

sk8ingcoach

On the Ice
Kalani is Australia's best skater, she can do what she wants. Get over it. We can't force someone to skate events they dont want too.

She skates jgps to get her ranking higher so that when she goes to worlds she is not in the first group. She does not have to skate junior worlds. Sure for some people it doesn't seem fair but skating has never been fair so everyone needs to stop bitching about it and move on.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Lani at Worlds I

Lani is going to skate as the final skater of group two.

12:50:00
- 12:57:00
Warm-up Group 2
12:57:30 - 13:04:00
Mae Berenice MEITE FRA
13:04:00 - 13:10:30
Kerstin FRANK AUT
13:10:30 - 13:17:00
Anne Line GJERSEM NOR
13:17:00 - 13:23:30
Viveca LINDFORS FIN
13:23:30 - 13:30:00
Kailani CRAINE AUS

Her PPC´s

1 3F

2 2A
3 FSSp
4 3Loop + 2Loop
5 StSq
6 CCoSp3p
7 LSp

Best of luck, Lani! :yahoo:

Alex D

Record Breaker
Lani at Worlds II

Oh dear, that was not what we expected of our Aussie girl, was it? She stepped on the ice, ready to break a few hearts, but in the end, she broke them in a different way than we all hoped for. The start with the Flip was great, always selling the hell out of her program, getting ready for the Axel, flawlessly landed, but that combination just didn't want to be. Maybe a slight hesitation on the take of to her triple loop, strong fight to add a second jump, the toe which I believe would have been a loop if the first was cleaner.

Afterwards she did everything she could, always positive, super sexy and charming, hitting those levels, but it just shouldn't be.

With 48.86 points, surely slightly handicapped by the early start, she was sadly unable to qualify for the Free, coming 27th in total.

No matter what, her and Brooklee are an inspiration for all these kids in Australia, keep it going ladies!

Anne Line GJERSEM
NOR
Kailani CRAINE
AUS
Ivett TOTH
HUN

Protocols

Alex D

Record Breaker
4 Continents

Lani who edged out Brooklee at nationals, will represent Australia next week at the 4 Continents. The short program will be held on Thursday evening, the Free on Saturday. Since both skaters are going to compete, it will be quite interesting to see, if Brooklee can get some revenge ;)

http://www.isu.org/en/single-and-pa.../four-continents-figure-skating-championships

You should be able to follow the action on the ISU skating channel

http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/isu/single-pair-skating-ice-dance/live.html?id=7

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Skate Canada Ladies' times! (In AEDT!)

SP: Sat 28th, 0600-0730
FS: Sun 29th, 0405-0555