Sofia Shevchenko & Igor Eremenko | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Sofia Shevchenko & Igor Eremenko

Lana05

Final Flight
They are leading after SP with 61.85 (TES 33.00 PCS 28.85) at Volvo Open Cup and will probably win.
2nd are Sofya LITVINOVA / Aleksandr BALYKOV also from Russia 50.97 (TES 29.22 PCS 21.75)

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
I can't wait to see them tomorrow! I hope they win. Their FD might be my fav FD of the season

The Finn

Record Breaker
They were really close to get the bronze. They lose it only by 1 point. It is a sad thing that they didn't get a medal but they did good.

In any case this was a very good season for them. 4th at the JGP Final and 5th at the Junior Worlds were really good placement and I am sure that they will work even harder for the next season which will be their last junior eligible season.

The Finn

Record Breaker
So, on paper things look very good for this team for a number of reasons.

- Skoptsova / Aleshin, Shpilevaya / Smirnov and Carreira / Ponomarenko will move to seniors. The first two have to move to seniors. The last one could have stayed in juniors but I have read that they are planning to move to seniors.
- Polishchuk / Vakhnov and Konkina / Yakushev have split up

So, considering these news, I think it would be a huge disappointment for them if they don't get a JGP Final medal and a Junior Worlds medal next season which will be their last junior eligible season.

StormyCloudss

On the Ice
They were beautiful! I really thought that they best captured the feel of the tango out of all the teams. Excited to see what they do for the free!

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Congrats on the win in Linz today! I rewatched their free dance and I enjoyed it much better the second time. This dance has potential and just needs more mileage. Great command and commitment during the hip hop section. I'm glad to see them continuing their trend of skating to modern music they enjoy and continuing to add innovative moves in their dances. I'll be cheering for them to be the Russian Junior dance champions this season :).

Their archived individual video has audio lag but the full event archive is okay: https://youtu.be/p9TLzIUi2Zc?t=7398

ETA: Looks like it has audio lag now.

comixarma

Rinkside
The judges gave them a deduction in Sofia & Igor's free dance. Their scorecard states "extended lifts -1.00. Music requirements violation (3 of 10)"

Can someone clarify to this amateur fan, thanks :) Because I thought it was clean

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
The judges gave them a deduction in Sofia & Igor's free dance. Their scorecard states "extended lifts -1.00. Music requirements violation (3 of 10)"

Can someone clarify to this amateur fan, thanks :) Because I thought it was clean

Hi,

Their curved lift got a deduction because it was deemed too long, as the lifted partner can only be held off the ice for a maximum of seven seconds. Looking at the video, Sofia's blades leaves the ice at 2:37 and her blades touch back down at 2:45 (therefore around 8 seconds): https://youtu.be/UW-IGMD4AAo?t=157

For their program to get a deduction for violating music requirements, they need a majority of judges to agree that a violation occurred. In this case, only 3 of the 10 judges agreed so no deduction was applied for this.

Overall, I think S/E did very well. I really appreciate this routine and them continuing to be innovative in their dance movements.They really gave it their all today and just need some more polish. Congrats to them on making the JGP Final!

comixarma

Rinkside
So let me get this right, they received a deduction because they were 1 second over. I'm still new to this but isn't that exceedingly harsh, or is it just me? I mean... one second? Damn.

And three judges wanted to give them another minus because of their music? What did these three judges find so wrong with the music exactly?