Sofia Shevchenko & Igor Eremenko | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Sofia Shevchenko & Igor Eremenko

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
In previous years, you had to get all the features in in 6 seconds, so 7 seconds was actually a loosening of the rules.

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
So let me get this right, they received a deduction because they were 1 second over. I'm still new to this but isn't that exceedingly harsh, or is it just me? I mean... one second? Damn.
It has to be exactly up to 7 seconds long, and no more. Does not matter if it's 3 seconds too long, or even less than a second. Everyone whose lift is longer than those 7 seconds gets a deductuon. It's not just Sofia and Igor.

As for the music, I really can't answer you. Usually it's about the music not having a noticeable change of rhythm as it is a requirement. But I don't think that it really applies here. Perhaps it was just a mistake from those judges.

The Finn

Record Breaker
They did very well in their RD at the Alpen Trophy. Their score was a bit below 67 points. Great job. Haven't seen any video yet but maybe there will be later.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
JGPF RD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8hnrjhzhnQ

Just wowed by how much they improved their tango between their second JGP and the JGPF. Sharp, deep edges, creative twizzles that are pefectly in sync, the confidence and expression...lovely all around. Hoping they can hold on to first place.

NicolettaL

Final Flight
And they did it! By 0,01 point but the first JGPF gold goes to them. I'm over the moon. Cause they were so on point during this event. They used the time between GP and final so well to fix things and make programs better. Congrats guys :biggrin:

s_parks

Record Breaker
Congratulations! Sofia's reaction when they won was so cute. Good luck at jr nationals and worlds.

RoseNightingale

Rinkside
Congrats to them! :hap10: I thought for sure they would be 2nd when I saw the scores, but then I heard they won and then by only that much! :drama: I am so happy for them! :yahoo: Their reaction to winning was so cute! :luv17:

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
JGPF FD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n35lvybWH0k

Congrats on their JGPF title! I'm happy that they have cleaned things up in the FD after their second JGP and the judges deservingly awarded them the highest PCS today, although I think they deserved more. They handled the pressure very well today of leading after the RD. Hope this win gives them the confidence to push for Russian Junior #1.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Things look pretty good for them when thinking about their next season. They will move to seniors because they aren't junior eligible next season, and based on the facts that they won the JGP Final and their SB score is pretty good means that they should get at least one GP event next season. And obviously Junior Worlds, where they can improve their chances to get GP events next season, are yet to come.

anna gabriela

Rinkside
congrats on their win I was so so pleased for them!! it was a lovely surprise to see them win the rd but I still didn’t expect the even better surprise of winning the whole thing! their interviews were also really sweet and their english is incredible, I can’t wait to watch them grow over the rest of the season and beyond

ejnsofi

Final Flight
If anybody manages to find their EX somewhere I will be eternally thankful! Sadly my stream failed me

Miriam090

Rinkside
If anybody manages to find their EX somewhere I will be eternally thankful! Sadly my stream failed me

I've been looking for it too! (Although I did actually see it last night; I just want to watch it again!)
Here: https://youtu.be/ChvHPkkeWfg

If you wanted it without commentary as well, I can try and screen record it from Europort ? I'll probably do it for myself anyway, so just let me know if you want me to upload it.

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Congrats to Sonya and Igor on a fantastic RD! It was brilliant. Best of luck for the free :luv17: