Sofia Shevchenko & Igor Eremenko | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Sofia Shevchenko & Igor Eremenko

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Jr. Nationals. They are 1st after RD. They beat U/N by about two points in RD.

RD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAhSg0eORUM

I think their narrow JGPF win not only gave them greater confidence but also more motivation. They looked so sharp today, with a lot of 'snap' in their movements, improved their power and projection, and were mesmerizing from start to finish. Glad to see the judges reward them and hope they do the same in the FD.

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Yay! Junior National Champions 2019 :hap36: many congratulations for their two brilliant performances. Now fingers crossed for JWC!

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Will they get senior grand prixs next season?

A bit too early to say. They will be included in the selection process because they won JGPF. Because they are not competing at Senior Worlds for a Top 10 finish, they can't guarantee themselves 2 GPs. They will guarantee themselves 1 GP assignment if they can finish the season with a World Standing in the Top 24 (they're currently 34th) or Season's Best in the Top 24 (they're currently 22nd). For the second assignment, they can get a host spot at Cup of Russia or invited by another GP host nation using the selection criteria (see 2018/2019 GP Announcement, Section 2 for the basis as I don't think the 2019/2020 one has been released yet).

But first thing's first, they are the favourites now for that JWC title with their two recent wins. Hope they continue to improve and make a run at it :).

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
A bit too early to say. They will be included in the selection process because they won JGPF. Because they are not competing at Senior Worlds for a Top 10 finish, they can't guarantee themselves 2 GPs. They will guarantee themselves 1 GP assignment if they can finish the season with a World Standing in the Top 24 (they're currently 34th) or Season's Best in the Top 24 (they're currently 22nd). For the second assignment, they can get a host spot at Cup of Russia or invited by another GP host nation using the selection criteria (see 2018/2019 GP Announcement, Section 2 for the basis as I don't think the 2019/2020 one has been released yet).

But first thing's first, they are the favourites now for that JWC title with their two recent wins. Hope they continue to improve and make a run at it :).

I love their new confidence and polish - things are looking very good going into JWC!! Would love to see them with 2 GPs next year :)

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
I think Sofia and Igor should be quite pleased with the season they had, winning JGPF, Russian Junior Nationals, and getting on the JWC podium.

Their RD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G5_vWxxBnk
And FD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGNjwi3uXW0

I see them making a splash in seniors next year and coming up with another signature creative free dance. Next year's RD is Broadway/Musical/Operetta and I would love if they can somehow bring Rent onto the ice.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Yep, I hope we see another interesting fd next season, and make an original choice for the rd as well, none of the warhorse musicals! Awesome job this season. I really hope they make a splash next season.

Artemisa

Final Flight
I loved their FS ... very unique ... they give me hope for the future in ice dance ... someone who doesn't skate to the same music over and over

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
They're interesting skaters. I'm so freaking bored with yet another singersongerwritery angstfest emo skate that a program like their FD is just SUCH a blast of fresh air. But they do need to clean it up. That kind of skating depends very heavily on machine-like precision. I'm very interested to see this program when it has a lot more mileage behind it. The RD isn't nearly as interesting, but it got the job done. But please, get rid of the feathers on the opera gloves. If you want to pick up the pink in the rest of the dress, a strip of pink there would do the trick and not look so showgirl tacky.

All in all it was a very credible GP debut.

Artemisa

Final Flight
Great start in senior debut :yahoo: I love them ... I loved there FD but they need to be clean ... I hope there coach's don't try to change them to another "french pair"

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
Great start in senior debut :yahoo: I love them ... I loved there FD but they need to be clean ... I hope there coach's don't try to change them to another "french pair"

Yes love their quirky programmes! It totally suits them and I hope they stay different and not opt for cookie cutter programmes.