Team Finland | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Team Finland

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Just noticed that Sofia Sula SP at Golden Bear has reached 60+ point, TES 34.33. She has had fast growth spurth during couple of last years, but maybe she is now able to reach to Finnish top ladies.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Sad thing is Viveca is still not able to compete, but also something positive things about Finnish nationals: Juulia and Matthias are announced to ID.

In ladies 3 spots at EC and the rule is that 3 best SB will be send.

At the moment the list is and these ladies have got the minimum TES:

1. Jenni Saarinen 181,20 Finlandia Trophy Espoo, 10.-13.10.2019
2. Emmi Peltonen 158,40 Volvo Open Cup, LAT 5.-10.11.2019
3. Sofia Sula 154,37 Golden Bear, CRO 24.-27.10.2019
-----
4. Linnea Ceder 151,48 Finlandia Trophy Espoo, 10.-13.10.2019
5. Vera Stolt 144,65 Tirnavia Ice Cup, SVK 31.10.-3.11.2019
6. Oona Ounasvuori 141,89 1. SM valintakilpailu, Vantaa 28.-29.9.2019
7. Laura Karhunen 138,64 Halloween Cup, HUN 18.-20.10.2019

The nationals will be count and 154.37 is hereby the points which must be beaten. There is no more competitions after nationals to get the scores, I think. I

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Just noticed that Sofia Sula SP at Golden Bear has reached 60+ point, TES 34.33. She has had fast growth spurth during couple of last years, but maybe she is now able to reach to Finnish top ladies.

Also Sofia has retired, at the age of 17.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Oona Ounasvuori 3rd in Volvo Open Cup with her PB. She might the black horse to get a spot to big competitions. She is a noteworthy candidate to medal in nationals. The rules are quite difficult to me to translate but I try. The winner of the nationals may not get any spot, if the scores are not enough high. In all disciplines they count two best competition together and one of them must be an international ISU competition (senior singles to EC and WC it must be CS or GP (No GP spot for any Finn, so you can forget this but it is in the rules), or some other competition maybe accepted. From national competitions they count nationals of qualification to nationals. Oona is leading this in ladies now and Jenni Saarinen is second. Emmi Peltonen has only one competition behind this season, that's why she is not listed. If nationals is a splatfest to all, no scores of it will be noticed. I hope it won't. The statistics: https://www.stll.fi/maajoukkue/seasonbest/yl-jt-pl-arvokilpailuvalintojen-tilastot EM=EC, MM=WC, JMM=JWC, kv means international. To olympics there are no rules, but probably they suggest a skater with the same rules and Finnish Olympic committee makes the final decision.

Editet 8.11 the statistics after update after Volvo open cup.

Last edited:

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
News from Tallinn Trophy to them who are not following it: Minja Peltonen is leading junior ladies after the short. She landed clean 3lz-3lo, which is probably the first time ever any Finn has done it at a competition.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
News from Tallinn Trophy to them who are not following it: Minja Peltonen is leading junior ladies after the short. She landed clean 3lz-3lo, which is probably the first time ever any Finn has done it at a competition.
Is she related to Emmi?

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Is she related to Emmi?
At least not her sister. It is quite common surname in Finland, so difficult to say. I have read some articles about their family and Emmi has two brothers and a little Sister, Nelli who skates synhcro.

crashtestdummy

Spectator
This is definitely the first time and a great achievement by Minja, as there hasn't been new milestones achieved in Finnish jump repertoire since Matthias landed the 4t and Viveca the 3z-3t in 2015.

pohatta

On the Ice
I checked the Tallinn protocols and noticed that Minja didn't attempt any toe loops, triple or double. That's interesting.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I couldn't watch the competition because I had volunteer work yesterday evening and it is not available any more, but I read Milania and Mihail got the SP TES in pairs at Golden Spin of Zagreb. They already got FS at Finlandia. I think Milania has competed as a pair only these two times + qualification for Finland's nationals, so well done! They have even had a break because Mihail has had corona. Good luck for FS today!

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
It seems very likelly it will be only 1 spot for ladies when Euro's are in Finland 2023. It is a pity just when there are so many promising juniors growing up and age eligible next year. Best luck for Jenni today, she should skate the program of her life to reach the top10. I don't hope bad luck to anybody, so I just wish Jenni can keep it up.

Last edited:

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I understand from this that Roman Galay has retired competition career, based on STLL's facebook what is said about him:

He has won two Finnish championships in his career and represented Finland in the European Championships and the Junior World Championships.
“Skating has been a matter of my heart and an important part of my life,” Roman describes.
Roman is happy to continue in some role in skating and finds it important to have more boys in the sport.

Edit: It was already mentioned in retirements thread.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Laura Karhunen has retired.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Nella Pelkonen has started the season at JGP Courchevel placing 7th overall. She already had the minimum for JWC. She does not have international scores for senior competitions, but I am sure she will compete in seniors also this year

Statistics about candidates for big competitions so far, skaters who have reached the TES minimums - situation on the date of this post. I have ignored one skater who has retired (Laura) and from juniors Linnea, the only skater who is not age eligible to skate in juniors any more but her name is in last year's statistics. If somebody has knowledge about retirements, please let me know.

JWC Men: 3, both with one more only SP
JWC Women: 8, both
JWC pairs: 0
JWC ID: 0

EC Men: 2, both with more more only FS
EC Women: 6, both, with one more only FS and one more only SP
EC pairs: 0
EC ID: 2

WC Men: 0 both, one only SP
WC Women: 1 both (maybe a little surprise for you that she is Oona Ounasvuori), 2 more only SP, 3 more only FS.
WC pairs: 0
WC ID: 2

The rule are same as last year. Skaters two best competitions scores are counted together. At least one must be international, in seniors CS, GP, and for WC alsi EC are prioritized. The other one can be nationals or qualification for nationals, but both can be international. In juniors the otherwise the same but international competition can be any international competitions - also in seniors but in that case points are in seniors they decrease three points from total scores.

Emmi P. and Jennis S. do not have FS scores from last year, so very interesting situation while they are better jumpers in juniors who will compete also in seniors this year. Olivia Lisko and Linnea Ceder both have FS TES and just missing the SP with less than one point. In junior women the field is very even and anyone of those 8 girls can get the JWC spot. The key to get the spot is to skate clean at least twice and pay attention to PCS.

I will link the situation to statistics who are caught up in the spots when there is something to show, after some competitions.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Milania Väänänen Filippo Clerici at qualification competition to Finnish nationals:

Somebody from Italy had loaded this, I found when I tried to find if there is any interview of them. I found only one article in a newspaper behind a paywall, but I instead my search found the video from their SP in Finland's qualification for nationals 12th November, their first competition.

I suppose skating like this in an international competition would be enough for Worlds, wouldn't it? When they are eligible to go international? The local federation has been quite quiet about them, but I suppose they will soon be interviewed after their FS today. Only thing I have read is they is some quarantine time because of Filippo's county change.

adhara

On the Ice
Country
Finland