Team Finland | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Team Finland

LRK

Record Breaker
Just to note, as has been mentioned on other threads, Papa Mishin had been invited to coach at a Finnish National team camp last weekend.

mariap

Rinkside
Olesia Karmi and Max Lindholm have decided to continue their skating together as a pair! :)

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
http://www.hs.fi/urheilu/a1459394935161

I was reported today that Juulia Turkkila and Matthias Versluis have teamed up and switched to ice dance. They have been practicing together for two weeks now.

The article is dated 31.3., so I doubt it's an April Fools, although that was my first reaction :laugh:

Good luck to the new team!
Wow. I am surprised, and pleased.

Although - That's quite a loss for Finland mens singles skating. I thought Versluis was the most promising of the Finland men - Virtanen has always been my favourite, but I must admit he seemed to win the last couple of nationals through a combination of his long competitive experience and a bit of luck... and, he is at an age where he must be thinking about retirement...

Finland Ladies singles on the other hand have plenty of promising young skaters, and Lindfors has already beaten Turkkila's career best, by quite a margin. So perhaps it's a smart move for Turkkila... and there's plenty of room for more Finnish Ice Dance teams...

Olesia Karmi and Max Lindholm have decided to continue their skating together as a pair! :)
Yay! I always had a soft spot for those two...

TMC

Record Breaker
Yeah, Versluis is the first and only Finnish man ever to do a clean quad in competition, that's why it was a bit shocking. But: he said that he feels like he has got everything out of singles skating that he could/wanted and is no longer motivated to keep going. So good for him for having the courage to change his strategy but still keep doing what he loves!

Roman Galay is also progressing very nicely, so Versluis was facing stiffening competition - I have no doubt that Roman's going to get a quad within the next couple of years, and he's already broken at least a couple of int'l event Finnish records. And his 3A is just lovely!

Not relevant to skating really, but Juulia & Matthias make a ridiculously gorgeous couple!!! :love:

TMC

Record Breaker

Awww that's wonderful news!!!

Here's what they say on Facebook:

Hello everyone, long time no see! After long and eventful start of the year we have decided to continue our skating together. We return to practice with fire in our eyes and stronger as a team then ever. We have already started working towards next season and we will keep you all posted whatever we will be doing. We hope to see you all very soon!

TMC

Record Breaker
News - törn/partanen have a gp assignment

Cecilia Törn & Jussiville Partanen are replacing Testa/Csolley at Skate Canada!

The Finn

Record Breaker
Assignments.

2016 CS Lombardia Trophy – Bergamo, Italia
Ladies: Viveca Lindfors, Liubov Efimenko, Emilia Toikkanen
Men: Valtter Virtanen
Ice Dance: Cecilia Törn / Jussiville Partanen, Juulia Turkkila / Matthias Versluis

2016 CS Nebelhorn Trophy – Oberstdorf, Saksa
Ladies: Jenni Saarinen, Emmi Peltonen
Men: Valtter Virtanen, Tomi Pulkkinen

2016 23rd CS Ondrej Nepela – Bratislava, Slovakia
Ladies: Emmi Peltonen, Karoliina Luhtonen
Men: Tomi Pulkkinen

StSq

Rinkside
Viveca did quite well in her short program at Lombardia Trophy, but only got 52.71 p. Hope she'll do well in the free skate, maybe get better PCS too! Looks like Turkkila/Versluis are not going to compete yet. I liked Törn/Partanen's new SD, looking forward to seeing them at Skate Canada!
Btw, my first post on Golden Skate :)

StSq

Rinkside
So looking forward to Finlandia Trophy! This is Team Finland for FT2016:

Men: Roman Galay, Bela Papp
Ladies: Liuba Efimenko, Viveca Lindfors, Emmi Peltonen
Ice Dance: Olesia Karmi / Max Lindholm, Cecilia Törn / Jussiville Partanen

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
So looking forward to Finlandia Trophy! This is Team Finland for FT2016:

Men: Roman Galay, Bela Papp
Ladies: Liuba Efimenko, Viveca Lindfors, Emmi Peltonen
Ice Dance: Olesia Karmi / Max Lindholm, Cecilia Törn / Jussiville Partanen
Yes, great list of competitors and I'm very interested to see what happens with the Finnish competitors.

I think both Peltonen and Lindfors are strong contenders for national champion this year... so whoever scores highest at Finlandia might gain an important psychological/confidence advantage for Nationals. Shame we couldn't have Jarvenpaa or Saarinen there as well :-D

The Finn

Record Breaker
Roman Galay WD, again. He withdrew from his JGP event too. I think he withdrew from his JGP event because of an ankle injury. Maybe it hasn't fully healed yet.

The Finn

Record Breaker
About junior ice dance team of Monica Lindfors / Juho Pirinen. Is she a sister of Viveca or are there two skaters named Monica Lindfors?

TMC

Record Breaker
4 hours of finnish skaters from yesterday's competition. Viveca didn't skate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CNstoOCvTg

Turkkila/Versluis FD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CNstoOCvTg#t=2h3m32s

Emmi Peltonen SP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CNstoOCvTg#t=3h12m22s

2nd day will be skated today. Youtube stream should be available.

I feel so bad for Karmi/Lindholm...they have been on top for ages and now they lost to a pair who only began ice dancing this year. It must feel like such a slap in the face, especially after their experience at Finlandia Trophy.