Team Finland | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Team Finland

The Finn

Record Breaker
I feel so bad for Karmi/Lindholm...they have been on top for ages and now they lost to a pair who only began ice dancing this year. It must feel like such a slap in the face, especially after their experience at Finlandia Trophy.

Yeah, but I have to say I wasn't impressed by them.

Both teams will be at the NRW Trophy. It will be interesting to see if Karmi/Lindholm will beat Turkkila/Versluis this time.

TMC

Record Breaker
Yeah, but I have to say I wasn't impressed by them.

Both teams will be at the NRW Trophy. It will be interesting to see if Karmi/Lindholm will beat Turkkila/Versluis this time.

Me neither..but I still feel sorry for them ;)

The Finn

Record Breaker
I'm wondering has the finnish federation ever tried to develop pair skating? They have tons of good ladies with triple jumps and some decent guys who'll never have 3axel or quads. Pairs would give these skaters some new opportunities.

There has been some talk about developoing pair skating in Finland but no concrete actions that I know of. There are no pair skating coaches in Finland and there is also big lack of male skaters. Basically finnish ladies would have to get a foreign partner and also move abroad if they want to be a pair skater.

Last edited:

Figureskating

Spectator
It seems that Jenni Saarinen and Anni Järvenpää are not competing this year. Does anyone know what is going on with them?

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I'm slowly sifting through my photos from a few weeks ago at Finlandia Trophy... and I have uploaded some of Viveca Lindfors. More Finnish skaters coming later...

It seems that Jenni Saarinen and Anni Järvenpää are not competing this year. Does anyone know what is going on with them?
Oh? I hope everything is OK with them...

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker
I wonder if Emilia Simonen / Matthew Penasse could make it to the Euros or Worlds this season. Penasse is canadian but he hasn't represented Canada since 2009 so I would think he could represent Finland already this season if they can skate the minimum TES for Euros and Worlds. I don't know that for sure though.

Ayway, this is a protocol from their SP from yesterday's competition. One can see that they should have a decent shot for TES (for both Euro and world) once they will skate their first international event. FS will be skated today.
http://www.figureskatingresults.fi/...PL2vk16_SM-senioritpariluistelu_SP_Scores.pdf

The Finn

Record Breaker
Simonen/Penasse scored 74.70 in their FS. Their TES was 37.37. Don't know when they are planning to start competing internationally but if they would start soon it wouldn't be out of the question that they could skate at the Euros or Worlds already this season.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
At Euro 2015 two sisters Swedish girls gave us two gifts as two great programs. And make very good result - 4th and 5th place. Now I expect that Finnish girls will follow this example and will show us Scandinavian magic at their home! :love:

Reynnou

On the Ice
Simonen/Penasse scored 74.70 in their FS. Their TES was 37.37. Don't know when they are planning to start competing internationally but if they would start soon it wouldn't be out of the question that they could skate at the Euros or Worlds already this season.

When did they teamed up?

The Finn

Record Breaker
Monica Lindfors / Juho Pirinen got the minimum TES (both SD and FD) for Junior Worlds at Tallinn Trophy. That is great news.

StSq

Rinkside
That is great! :) I love seeing more Finnish ice dancers doing well internationally. Both Turkkila / Versluis and Lindfors / Pirinen who started ice dancing only this year looked very good at their competitions. And now Finland has a promising pair skating team too!

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Last edited: